Author Topic: Who rocked the most?  (Read 5225 times)

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
Re: Who rocked the most?
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2006, 05:56:56 PM »
They probably thought you were Insane Almighty Popes, that's why...

I.A.P's were mostly white kids... if you look darker or if your buddy was mexican they may have thought you were 'Two-Six'.
interesting!...... those were the days :'(

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2006, 06:17:30 PM »
Crue!

...I carry my crucifix
   Under my deathlist
   Forward my mail to me in hell
   Liars and the martyrs
   Lost faith in The Father
   Long lost in the wishing well...

Tasty indeed!
a

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2006, 06:18:38 PM »
Crue!
I concur! 'Theatre of Pain' was their best...IMO.
?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2006, 07:39:39 PM »
I concur! 'Theatre of Pain' was their best...IMO.
[/quoted Dino crossetti,sinatra,jerry vale,eh paisano...vh,u2 ,but 80's metal on a whole just awful....

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 05:39:36 AM »
i was once a big whitesnake fan.

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 06:04:17 AM »
I haven't entirely forgiven GnR for November Rain yet. God I hated that song soo much.

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 06:08:48 AM »
Tru dat...

Cinderella was the most underrated 80's metal band ever. I dont think they ever made a bad song.

Watcha kno about Cinderella, BASTelli? Besides the story of some whore livivng with some girls for step sisters.

Cinderella was a girl band with all their power ballads

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 06:10:57 AM »
steppinwolf

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 06:11:03 AM »
Def leppard, Whitesnake, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, Van Halen, Iron Maiden or Guns n roses?

(edited for incorrect spelling of crue).

Guns n roses
Motley Crue
Def leppard
Bon Jovi
Iron Maiden
Van Halen
Whitesnake

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 06:16:33 AM »
I don't think you can put Iron Maiden in the same class as the other bands.  Van Halen wins because if it wasn't for VH there would be no motley, no bon jovi, no def leppard...VH was the model everybody stole from in the late 80's.  VH1 set the standard everyone else tried to copy...the next great, great album was by GnR but they only put out a couple of good cd's.  VH put out 10 solid cd's before they imploded.  VH1 all the way to balance are all solid efforts, they survived changing lead vocalists and were still one of the top dogs.  After grunge you lost bon jovi and def leppard and whitesnake, iron maiden switched singers but didn't really do anything as did the crue and gnr didn't do anything since 91.  VH switched singers and put out 4 number one multi platnium cd's and were one of the biggest acts in the world during the grunge era.

it's gotta be VH.
nasser=piece of shit

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2006, 06:21:58 AM »
I don't think you can put Iron Maiden in the same class as the other bands.  Van Halen wins because if it wasn't for VH there would be no motley, no bon jovi, no def leppard...VH was the model everybody stole from in the late 80's.  VH1 set the standard everyone else tried to copy...the next great, great album was by GnR but they only put out a couple of good cd's.  VH put out 10 solid cd's before they imploded.  VH1 all the way to balance are all solid efforts, they survived changing lead vocalists and were still one of the top dogs.  After grunge you lost bon jovi and def leppard and whitesnake, iron maiden switched singers but didn't really do anything as did the crue and gnr didn't do anything since 91.  VH switched singers and put out 4 number one multi platnium cd's and were one of the biggest acts in the world during the grunge era.

it's gotta be VH.

I don't think Van Halen was the model.  If anybody it was Aerosmith.  Van Halen had many hits but I just couldn't get into them.

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2006, 06:27:05 AM »
Of course Iron Maiden is the only metal band of that list and they are the absolute best.
The other bands were more commercial hard rock... let's give it to Van Halen, a great innovative guitarist.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2006, 06:41:22 AM »
I don't think Van Halen was the model.  If anybody it was Aerosmith.  Van Halen had many hits but I just couldn't get into them.

maybe VH borrowed some stuff from aerosmith, but think about it after VH everybody had a blond haired lead singer and a fast guitar player, every guitar player on the planet tried to be eddie.  I think one of the reasons VH survived when sammy joined was becuase they kinda switched gears and focused on songwriting..while everyone else was trying to be VH from 1984 VH was doing thier own thing, writing great music and kicking ass.
nasser=piece of shit

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2006, 06:41:55 AM »
THIS IS A BODYBUILDING BOARD!

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2006, 06:55:50 AM »

oh, chill the fuck out.  There are plenty of topics to post in if you don't like this one leave it the fuck alone, it'll be moved before to long.
nasser=piece of shit

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2006, 06:58:05 AM »

FUCK YOU. YOU DO NOT BELONG HERE.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2006, 09:12:13 AM »
No u guys are wrong, i came here and saw....that was a waist of time,cus there is no bbing here in spite of being bbing board."Who Rocked the most?", i was imaging its about "which athlete were most sansaitional" before caming here!

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2006, 09:14:35 AM »
the best pain killer is crack cocaine

take that shit and nothing else matters.   And at the right time of the day you can buy a  TV for $10
Here comes the money shot

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2006, 09:25:30 AM »
No u guys are wrong, i came here and saw....that was a waist of time,cus there is no bbing here in spite of being bbing board."Who Rocked the most?", i was imaging its about "which athlete were most sansaitional" before caming here!

you should post on shadows male worship threads.

I posted this thread, as i knew there were a lot of 80's rock fans here like myself.

No rock on, or fuckoff.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2006, 09:41:18 AM »
I bet you know about Dean Martin and Sinatra, though...right BASTetti? ;)

Dino Martini, Frankie Sinatra, Antonio Benedenti. Those guys are true legends.
The House that Ruth built

Debussey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2006, 09:42:20 AM »
Dino Martini, Frankie Sinatra, Antonio Benedenti. Those guys are true legends.

Brutal truth. High quality voices and brutal jazz chords with orchestration.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2006, 09:49:46 AM »
G&R was the only one of them that showed any true originality or creativity in their music.

BTW, who is "Motley Crew"?   Did you mean Motley Crue, by chance?

SO MAIDEN DIDN'T?

I DISAGREE!

TA TA
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

Debussey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2006, 09:51:50 AM »
SO MAIDEN DIDN'T?

I DISAGREE!

TA TA

Maiden = cooler than hell.

Steve Harris and Bruce "teh air ride siren" Dickinson = master pimps of epic proportions.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2006, 11:05:53 AM »
you should post on shadows male worship threads.

I posted this thread, as i knew there were a lot of 80's rock fans here like myself.

No rock on, or fuckoff.
I am the guy of 80s and crazy for Van Halen and Toto and symphonic rock like Asia,Yes..etc.
And me my self,played in band for 5 years. I loved rock but,again,THIS IS A BBING BOARD!!

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2006, 11:25:30 AM »
...funny how some of these older bands are still out there kicking ass...case in point, Bon Jovi's had their last 3 albums do quite well, considering their market...Motley had one of the biggest and most lucrative world tours last year and into the spring of this year (WITHOUT a new album, by the way)...and Iron Maiden's latest album is VERY good, if you're into Maiden (and really, who isn't)...I'd stack it up with their great albums of the past.  Guns, sans the bands other than Axl and 'sometimes' Izzy Stradlin, are prepping their upcoming "Chinese Democracy", some 15 years in the making, check out the latest "Better" on youtube, it's a great tune but not much like 'Appetite'.

Point is these bands were great, and they have staying power.  Even Van Halen, almighty Van Halen, which as of late isn't doing much of anything (Eddie's on hard times), but if you compare the 80's bands that became such a 'joke' during the 90's, take a look at who's laughing now. 

Compare that to grunge bands who ended metal's mainstream reign....who have you got today, Pearl Jam and that's about it (ok, I'll throw in supergroup Audioslave...very cool band, ex Soundgarden/Rage)...but other than that, you're not going to see the ex-grungers making coins 10 years from now, as we see with the previously mentioned bands.  And it's good to see metal doing really well lately, tons of good bands to listen to.

But come on now THIS IS A BBING BOARD!