Author Topic: CJ don't read this... it'll only make you cry  (Read 1240 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
CJ don't read this... it'll only make you cry
« on: November 24, 2006, 08:43:03 PM »
Cops busted a grow up growing $26 mill a yr in pot. They confiscated close to $6.7 mill in pot plants from a grow up that was located throughout 22 different apartments throughout 9 floors in a Northern Toronto highrise apartment. They drilled through walls to run lines through other apartments. It was HUGE!

Needless to say the building superintendent has been charged along with 2 others.

Supposedly it was very good quality pot too. The pulled out about 6,000 plants, bag after bag after bag...

Three Men Charged After Massive Grow-Op Bust
Friday November 24, 2006

They came with search warrants for five apartments, but instead Toronto Police say they uncovered a marijuana grow operation with tentacles that spread throughout 22 units in a Jane Street high rise, putting residents on virtually every floor at risk of health problems and other potential hazards.
On Friday morning residents of 2600 Jane St., near Sheppard, expressed their shock and concern over the massive operation that produced an estimated $6.5 million in pot. Authorities uncovered the illegal outfit Thursday evening, allegedly seizing approximately 6,000 plants, 30 lbs. of dried marijuana and equipment.

"That's bad because we need a safe environment," resident Eldad Dookie said Friday.

Three men - including the building's superintendent - are facing a total of 15 charges and appeared in court Friday morning. Police also released some amazing video of footage shot inside the apartments used to grow the illcit product.

click here to read the rest of the story or to view the video footage

w

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
Re: CJ don't read this... it'll only make you cry
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 08:50:22 PM »
RIp Buddah
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 08:51:56 PM »
The Signs Of A Marijuana Grow Operation

Little or no human activity
Neglected lawns and gardens
Windows always covered and full of condensation
During winter months, no snow on roof
People coming and going at odd hours, pulling into the garage and closing the door quickly
Basement lights on all day long or bright lights escaping from other covered windows
Garbage is minimal and may contain used soil and plant material
A strong skunk-like odour emanating from the home
Items being brought into the home include soil planters, fans, large lights
An unusual amount of steam coming from vents

sounds like my old place...and i didnt grow weed  ???

sandycoosworth

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 10:44:07 PM »
Its rumored cops can bust grow ops based on the massive amounts of electricity they require and with infrared techonology. I was told you gotta keep it under 3 trays ;)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 07:29:58 AM »
What a bunch of bullshit. Looked like a nice set up, but the radiant heat for the 1000 watt HPS bulbs and humidity probably took its toll on the building.

I would never be caught growing commercial like that, but rather I'd grow for my personal use. Stick a 400 watt unit in a Mills Pride cabinet from Lowes. The pigs can bust the big boys, but they can't get everyone. And growers are taking more and more safety precautions, such as carbon scrubbers and other stuff.

Long live Ganja!

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 09:19:40 AM »
What a bunch of bullshit. Looked like a nice set up, but the radiant heat for the 1000 watt HPS bulbs and humidity probably took its toll on the building.

I would never be caught growing commercial like that, but rather I'd grow for my personal use. Stick a 400 watt unit in a Mills Pride cabinet from Lowes. The pigs can bust the big boys, but they can't get everyone. And growers are taking more and more safety precautions, such as carbon scrubbers and other stuff.

Long live Ganja!

Isn't smoking weed against the rules in islam? ???
الاسلام هو شيطانية

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 09:43:18 AM »
They shouldn't have busted him. I am sure it was for his own personal consumption. ;)
The House that Ruth built

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 01:08:05 PM »
Isn't smoking weed against the rules in islam? ???

::)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 01:50:43 AM »

That wasn't the worst of it. It was all the mold. They even saw live mold spores flying through the air. It wasn't hydroponic, it was soil based and wentacross 9 floors, of a 13 story highrise. The tenants are scared, and many are pissed off. The gro-op started about 1yr ago, which was the time many of the young kids in the building started getting sick. Numerous cases of children with asthma, and other breathing difficulties that only started after moving into that building. We certainly have not heard the last of this. I think people are angry, ...not so much because they wanted to grow marijuana, but because they were willing to expose so many innocent people to health & safety risks, posed by the mold and the likelihood of fire. I can't believe they managed to run that much power out of a single outlet.

Ever since we decriminalized marijuana possession up here, it has really freed up alot of resources. Instead of prosecuting individual pot smokers, and clogging the legal system with petty users, they've been able to focus on the gro-ops. The police are shutting down gro-ops left & right up here. They just don't always make the news unless it's an unusually large seizure or if there are complications involved.

Now with all the helicopters with infra-red, and the push to educate the public on what to look for, they're taking them out of houses, and moving them into apartment buildings which are not individually metered. You can't tell if any one apartment is using an exhorbitant amount of electricity. So far the biggest bust I heard about was when they found an operation valued at $30 million inside an old abandoned Molson's beer brewery. Robert Molson is a friend of mine, and he's a real health nut. It is a constant source of pain and embarrassment to him to know his family's fortune came from manufacturing alcohol. When they busted the gro-op in one of his family's old breweries, I swear he almost changed his name. {lol}

Grow-Ops Busted In 905 On A Weekly Basis
Saturday November 25, 2006

You never really know what's going on behind your neighbours' doors.
That's the message from police across the GTA, who suggest a grow-up could be in the last house you'd suspect.

When York Regional Police uncovered a residential marijuana lab last week thanks to their infrared cameras, the news came as a surprise to many nearby.

But police in the area say they bust a grow-up every three to four days, meaning not only could they be anywhere, they're probably everywhere.

Last Sunday police arrested three men after uncovering an operation at a house in Vaughan (click here for video). They found 550 plants worth $500,000. There were no signs from the outside in that case, though sometimes grow-ops can give themselves away.

Lucy Castellani called authorities when she thought the house next to her was on fire.

"There was no smoke, there was no fire," recalls Castellani.

"It was actually the steam from the heat that was inside the house that they were using to grow their plants."

"When they say, 'You don't know who your neighbours are,' you really don't know who your neighbours are."

So what should you look for?

"We're looking for roofs that do not have snow on them when the surrounding roofs do, a lack of activity at the house, lights on in the basement 24 hours a day," said York Regional Police Insp. Tom Carrique.
w

sandycoosworth

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2006, 04:50:40 AM »

When York Regional Police uncovered a residential marijuana lab last week thanks to their infrared cameras, the news came as a surprise to many nearby.

Hmmmm....

Its rumored cops can bust grow ops based on the massive amounts of electricity they require and with infrared techonology. I was told you gotta keep it under 3 trays ;)

Who called it ? ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2006, 06:34:37 AM »
Hmmmm....

Who called it ? ;D

Oh Puleaze, the knowledge about infrared technology is sooo old, that's like taking credit for saying cops catch bankrobbers because their faces are bright purple or red or whatever colour they're using in the exploding dye packs these days.  ::)
w

sandycoosworth

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2006, 07:09:11 AM »
My bad, I guess this is old news in the black community ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2006, 08:00:43 AM »
My bad, I guess this is old news in the black community ;D

{pssst} I think you're trying just a little too hard.
w

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2006, 11:16:01 AM »
Cops over estimate the value of the marijuana.

You don't need to really run a massive grow-op to make decent money. A 2 k grow can fetch some decent money.