Author Topic: FOR LEE PRIEST  (Read 1579 times)

Dave Czech

• Getbig III
FOR LEE PRIEST
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:24:37 PM »
FROM MD
I've never really injured myself badly, but when I was training for the 2000 Night Of Champions, I was in World Gym concentrating on doing incline presses. A camera crew came In to film Arnold Schwarzenegger. One of them standing nearby wasn't paying attention and leaned back on the bar I was lifting, shifting the weight to one side. I felt something like a rubber band snapping In my chest. I thought I'd torn a pec. I didn't, but I had a big bruise for a week or two. I didn't train chest, and worked around the injury for a while.

"There are times when I'm training and I'll get sore shoulders or I'll feel a twinge in my quads. I apply Ice immediately and keep putting ice on the area every couple of hours. Or I'll not train that bodypart for a time, trying to avoid aggravating it. Sometimes it's a matter of changing technique. There Isn't just one way to do an exercise. If I do flat presses, I feel them in my shoulders, but if I raise the bench lust a fraction, It takes the pressure off. If you pay attention, you'll know the difference between normal muscle pain or lactic acid burn from training and something that feels tight that shouldn't be that way. It's a matter of listening to your body

HEY LEE

Did you have to because of pain SHOULDERS  leave out some practices?
What the helped ?
THANKS

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
Re: FOR LEE PRIEST
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 11:57:02 PM »
just flat bench

Dave Czech

• Getbig III
Re: FOR LEE PRIEST
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 02:15:20 AM »
Hey Lee

Train so rotator cuff,When the you ails shoulders?
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/criticalbench24.htm
thanks