Author Topic: I'm on Steroids  (Read 11795 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
I'm on Steroids
« on: November 26, 2006, 08:18:51 PM »
:

SPRINKFSU

• Getbig III
Re: I'm on Steroids
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 08:27:30 PM »
yes its funny I actually worked at the club were they shot the gay guy on roids

AVBG

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 08:31:32 PM »
Has anyone had the opportunity to see this show?
http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/truelife/series.jhtml#/ontv/dyn/truelife/episode/episode.jhtml?episodeId=98389

No, I didnt see it.. Thanks.

I did however listen to a podcast (mayhem) with one of the people.. It was really interesting.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 08:32:39 PM »
Like anything else from MTV, you feel yourself becoming stupider as you read/view that shit...

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 08:39:22 PM »
Yep, I saw it. Yet another despicable attempt to paint an inaccurate image of steroid users.

The guy who wanted the Magazine cover...I'll give him credit for trying to get help and supervision for his cycles, however, without knowing what kind of help he received, there is no way to say he was doing the right thing. My guess is he wasn't, simply because he came off like a tool IMO.

The fighter, appeared to be another guy who was simply taking "stuff" with no clue.

The guy who wanted to "look Good" at the club...total douche bag. Him and the "fighter's" supposed "roid rage" I call bull-shit...steroids do not do this...if they did, I would have killed someone by now.

The family that lost their son. It is true that when you come off a cycle, some people do hit a slight level of depression, and with a younger person this depression could very well bigger problem. But 9x out of 10 this is caused by not knowing what you're doing, and because you are extremely too young in the first place. If steroids did cause suicidal tendency's, I would not be typing this reply.

Romano said it best, "these are very powerful hormones, and you really need to know what you are doing...they absolutely work...they need only to be used by healthy, responsable adult males." End of story.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 08:55:30 PM »
Yep, I saw it. Yet another despicable attempt to paint an inaccurate image of steroid users.

You don't think that was a small cross section of the typical user?  I didn't see all of it (just happened to be on one of the TV's while I was doing cardio). (IMO) Seemed to paint a fairly accurate picture of the typical user who shouldn't...
:

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2006, 09:05:21 PM »

You don't think that was a small cross section of the typical user?  I didn't see all of it (just happened to be on one of the TV's while I was doing cardio). (IMO) Seemed to paint a fairly accurate picture of the typical user who shouldn't...

No doubt...this is with out question the "typical user who shouldn't", but it's also the only user you ever hear about on TV or in any media outlet. Every gym has some of these guys, they openly talk to everyone about their steroid use, and do so proudly...they are also the ones you see making total asses of themselves by way of acting like billygunns er uh, I mean billy bad ass ;)

MTV has now on more then one occasion painted the picture that people want to see when concerning steroids. Why not paint the correct picture for once? Again, yes there are plenty of people who fit the bill of the guys on this show, but their are plenty of the other types as well...many can be found on this board. BTW, I use the term "many" loosely, there are varying degrees.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 09:26:44 PM »
No doubt...this is with out question the "typical user who shouldn't", but it's also the only user you ever hear about on TV or in any media outlet.

MTV has now on more then one occasion painted the picture that people want to see when concerning steroids. Why not paint the correct picture for once? Again, yes there are plenty of people who fit the bill of the guys on this show, but their are plenty of the other types as well...many can be found on this board. BTW, I use the term "many" loosely, there are varying degrees.

While I agree there are many responsible and educated users out there, I firmly believe there are far more who are irresponsible, psychologically not equipped to handle it, and don’t know what the hell they are doing. 

The guy who wanted to "look Good" at the club...total douche bag. Him and the "fighter's" supposed "roid rage" I call bull-shit...steroids do not do this...if they did, I would have killed someone by now.

:-\  I think if you already have a tendency to be a dick, then it just becomes exacerbated when on.  I've seen it a lot.  I can always tell when some guys are "on" because they become more of a jerk than when not (like a PMS'y woman).  I also know a few guys whose personalities don't really change ~ they're genuinely nice guys to begin with.
If the majority of users out there were like you and a few others around here, we wouldn’t have the “issues” such as those depicted…

:

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 10:01:54 PM »
While I agree there are many responsible and educated users out there, I firmly believe there are far more who are irresponsible, psychologically not equipped to handle it, and don’t know what the hell they are doing. 

Agreed. But it's the lack of education that is the biggest problem. Many of these "shouldn't" users might very well be legitimate users if they would simply educate themselves. The guy who wanted to be in a mag and the fighter would fall into this category...the other two would not.

:-\  I think if you already have a tendency to be a dick, then it just becomes exacerbated when on.  I've seen it a lot.  I can always tell when some guys are "on" because they become more of a jerk than when not (like a PMS'y woman).  I also know a few guys whose personalities don't really change ~ they're genuinely nice guys to begin with.

This is true, once a dick then on steroids, probably a bigger dick.

If the majority of users out there were like you and a few others around here, we wouldn’t have the “issues” such as those depicted…

You're right, but to absolutely never show these users is one of the biggest problems. All of these shows, and news reports paint the picture that there is only one type of user, that user being a retarded idiot. The idea that there may be responsible users out there is an absurd comment to most people. Why? They've simply never heard of one. Do you think that any TV show or news outlet would ever report on steroids using myself or countless others as their point of interest? In the past I would have said no, but it was done once with the "Real Sports" episode last year, but that's it. And even then, they could have done a better job with selecting people. JR was great, but being that he works on the inside, it would have been nice to have some people who were simply outside users who no one knows about...no, the old man does not fit the bill...he was to extreme.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2006, 10:19:50 PM »
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

whitewidow

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2006, 11:21:17 PM »
old news- that guy would of make my disgrace to juicers thread.

hooker

• Getbig II
  • Anthony Roberts
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 04:43:21 AM »

I did a radio interview where I basically said the exact same thing:

http://www.superhumanradio.com/media/SHR_Show_04082006_64Kbps.wma

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 04:49:14 AM »
Intresting points Princess and AJ.  The public would have a hard time understanding the concept of a "responsible user" sort of like a "responsible heroin user"  Most peoples values can not relate to the idea of responsible drug usage.

Also the responsible juicer would be boring media, they want wackos for ratings.  So mister go to work, train, eat, eat, sleep, no drama is not good TV material

Agree with Princess that there are by far more people who don't have a clue about what they are doing with gear.  In my experience so far I have only talked to 1-2 people who have any real knowledge of gear and the endocrine system, outside of sites like these.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 06:10:15 AM »
Just like anything else you have users and abusers...i agree with everything Arnold said.

Another show to make regular joes think they know how steroids make you act...

8)

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 07:55:00 AM »
That episode was a joke!
The gay didn´t even look like he trained and then he got so "depressed" that he "wanted to commit suicide"
Well next time choose a beretta instead of tylenol...
and "THE BAD ASS FIGHTER" it seemed to me that he didn´t have a clue what the fuck he was doing.
It´s motherfuckers like these who give "real athletes" a bad name.

END OF STORY!
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 09:05:21 AM »
I watched it.  It protrayed steroid use as a problem.  The guy with the magazine cover may have used them somewhat correctly but I bet he still uses.  He was a tool though.   The guy that wanted to look good at the gay bar had mental issues to begin with.  You could see it in his eyes when he took his first shot it looked like he was high on meth.  The fighter why did he even bother he looked like crap!  I have no clue what liquid crap he was taking.

Steroids do not in themselves make you aggressive and violent unless you have a predisposition to it.  The baseball player probably had a lot of other issues he was dealing with  and his use just made him a little more nuts. 

I use juice and have friends who do too.  We are very easygoing guys.  The only time for agressiveness is in the gym.  Ive never seen anyone personally get violent.

The media has never protrayed steroids in a good light.  There was however a news show on nbc once a few years ago where doctors and the ama had no links to steroids as causes of death like so many people say as well.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2006, 09:09:53 AM »
The fighter was using Cheque Drops for aggression to help boost his training for the fight...alot of UFC and boxing guys do this, it clears the system quickly.

8)

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2006, 03:08:46 PM »
Yep.
He had monster acne and it was very hard not to notice.
BTW aint those cheque drops quite hard on the liver...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2006, 03:12:09 PM »
BTW aint those cheque drops quite hard on the liver...

Yes.

SPRINKFSU

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 04:05:18 PM »
I watched it.  It protrayed steroid use as a problem.  The guy with the magazine cover may have used them somewhat correctly but I bet he still uses.  He was a tool though.   The guy that wanted to look good at the gay bar had mental issues to begin with.  You could see it in his eyes when he took his first shot it looked like he was high on meth.  The fighter why did he even bother he looked like crap!  I have no clue what liquid crap he was taking.

Steroids do not in themselves make you aggressive and violent unless you have a predisposition to it.  The baseball player probably had a lot of other issues he was dealing with  and his use just made him a little more nuts. 

I use juice and have friends who do too.  We are very easygoing guys.  The only time for agressiveness is in the gym.  Ive never seen anyone personally get violent.

The media has never protrayed steroids in a good light.  There was however a news show on nbc once a few years ago where doctors and the ama had no links to steroids as causes of death like so many people say as well.

what they didnt tell you about the baseball player was his mom and dad were going threw a divorce,him and his girlfriend were having problems he was slacking in school and he was going to lose his baseball scholership.these all came out in a interview with his girlfriend but they still blame it on steroids.thats why they only showed like 2 minutes of his parents saying it was steroids falt.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2006, 05:37:19 PM »
thats why they only showed like 2 minutes of his parents saying it was steroids falt.

Of course, it could not have been any of their fault for raising a fucked up spoiled brat, with no idea what responsibility is.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2006, 06:26:02 PM »
I still believe the “typical” steroid users are not the Jay Cutlers, Barry Bonds, or ArnoldJrs of the world.  They are insecure, immature, ignorant (about usage, diet, exercise – all of it), and looking for a perceived quick easy way to achieve what is usually an unrealistic goal.
:

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2006, 07:03:18 PM »
I still believe the “typical” steroid users are not the Jay Cutlers, Barry Bonds, or ArnoldJrs of the world.  They are insecure, immature, ignorant (about usage, diet, exercise – all of it), and looking for a perceived quick easy way to achieve what is usually an unrealistic goal.
I won't disagree with the fact that there are a bazillion of these types (idiots) around, and they very well may make up the majority of users (probably do). That said, I still believe that there are more of the other types of users out there then is let on. It's simply the fact that the "legitimate" "responsable" user does not go around making a public issue out of the matter, he doesn't act like an ass, he doesn't want to tell the world or otherwise he's thrown in the same pile as the bitch user.

Example conversations:

Q: Observer: so do you use steroids?
A: Ass-bag: fuck yeah I use them...I'm bigger then ever and I'm about to rage all over someones ass!
Q: Observer: So what do you take?
A: Ass-bag: dbol and some other stuff, not real sure what it's called. My boy gets it for me and all I know is it works.
Q: Observer: Do you cycle on and off?
A: Ass-bag: yeah man I cycle...uh, I mean, I think I do...what is cycling?

Conversation 2:

A: Real user: No.
Q: Observer: come on man I know you do, you can't look like that and not.
A: Real User: I said no.
Q: Observer: so you don't take anything?
A: Real user: just a multi-vit and some protein powder...other then that simply food...that's all you need.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2006, 08:13:27 PM »
LOL "ass bag" and "bitch user", those are good ones and very fitting descriptions. 

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2006, 08:26:18 PM »
I won't disagree with the fact that there are a bazillion of these types (idiots) around, and they very well may make up the majority of users (probably do). That said, I still believe that there are more of the other types of users out there then is let on. It's simply the fact that the "legitimate" "responsable" user does not go around making a public issue out of the matter, he doesn't act like an ass, he doesn't want to tell the world or otherwise he's thrown in the same pile as the bitch user.

Example conversations:

A: Ass-bag: f**k yeah I use them...I'm bigger then ever and I'm about to rage all over someones ass!
Q: Observer: So what do you take?
A: Ass-bag: dbol and some other stuff, not real sure what it's called. My boy gets it for me and all I know is it works.
Q: Observer: Do you cycle on and off?
A: Ass-bag: yeah man I cycle...uh, I mean, I think I do...what is cycling?

Conversation 2:

A: Real user: No.
Q: Observer: come on man I know you do, you can't look like that and not.
A: Real User: I said no.
Q: Observer: so you don't take anything?
A: Real user: just a multi-vit and some protein powder...other then that simply food...that's all you need.

Some people front like the AAS are making them rage and others are clearly raging because they are megadosing on AAS.

There are a couple obvious megadosing giants at my gym and when I see these guys train I'm waiting for one of them to drop dead from a coronary.

Hypertension and whatever else is wrong with them is written all over their faces.

Breathing is a chore for these guys, redface and clearly exhausted from compound movements for reps....

One of them gives me nasty looks because I'm a trainer, even though I'm the largest trainer there.......like I'm somehow below his level because I'm not using the type of dosages he is.

If I ever get that mentality, I know I've gone too far.  :-\

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...