Author Topic: Anthony D'Arezzo front page story in Sunday's Providence Journal.  (Read 13141 times)

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
Re: Anthony D'Arezzo front page story in Sunday's Providence Journal.
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2006, 06:44:24 AM »
Why could he not have competed without the diurectics?  I thought they were banned anyway. Sounds like the diuretics are what the doctors were concerned about. In his case he should have skipped them and went in with whatever shape he could have gotten without them. Might still be alive today.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2006, 07:51:36 AM »
I wonder if, in the alcoholic community, they praise those who drink themselves to death.  I could see 5 guys sitting at a bar talking about the bravery of their fallen comrade with liver disease, in tackling that bottle of whisky when no one else dared and doctors begged him not to.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2006, 08:11:31 AM »
Someone here said he'd only talk to you if you were 300 pounds.
That "someone" would be me..............

going to "THE NEW ENGLANDS" bb show for 10 + years
i saw Anthony from the very start of my bodybuilding
saw him everywhere at various shows thru-out the country and in/near Boston
my personal experience was that he had more respect for you if you were a "freak" 300 lbs or so
like i said he was no angel ......but he did help a shitload of people as a trainer
and a friend,noble or not,stupid or not
Anthony died the only way he would have wanted too,as a big freaky BB
and that's his choice.................. ......it was his life

RIP

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2006, 08:22:55 AM »
That's wild...I'm from warwick

VICIOUS_BEAST

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2006, 08:38:49 AM »
PLAY HARD AND DIE HARD...SAD :-\

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2006, 10:43:33 AM »
I was referring to the weighing 300, diuretics, and other BBing details.  Yeah, he lived his dream, etc, but when the doc tells you that you have a bad ticker, that's usually the time to slim down to 215, go semi-vegan, and not do things like drop to 3% BF with zero water.  Did he have children?  I know it's an unpopular thing to say, but if he had a family, perhaps he should have weighed the responsibility of providing for them vs. the risks of BBing.  If he was a single guy, that's different.

he was 215 for over 2 years, he would rather be dead then be 215-220...thats just how he was. He had no kids or a wife. Your not a bb'er, you never will be, and you didnt have potential to be a pro. Look at it from his point of view...its all he had or knew.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2006, 01:10:05 PM »
he was 215 for over 2 years, he would rather be dead then be 215-220...thats just how he was. He had no kids or a wife. Your not a bb'er, you never will be, and you didnt have potential to be a pro. Look at it from his point of view...its all he had or knew.

I'm not sure this guy deserves to be glorified. He did something he knew very likely could kill him, is it a giant leap to compare him with a heroin junkie that dies because he can't quit or an alcoholic who drinks himself to death?

It's not as if the reward for risking his life was vast sums of money or international fame. He was taking drugs that could kill him to participate in an obscure activity that most of the world looks at as either homosexual or weird.

And at least one guy who knew him on here says he wasn't a very good guy unless you were what he considered freaky big. And I'd be willing to bet if he had the choice right now of dying and competing in some competition that means nothing and living he'd choose life.

His story is a cautionary tale. I'm sure deep down his parents and the rest his family don't quite understand his decisions.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2006, 03:38:10 PM »
I'm not sure this guy deserves to be glorified. He did something he knew very likely could kill him, is it a giant leap to compare him with a heroin junkie that dies because he can't quit or an alcoholic who drinks himself to death?

It's not as if the reward for risking his life was vast sums of money or international fame. He was taking drugs that could kill him to participate in an obscure activity that most of the world looks at as either homosexual or weird.

And at least one guy who knew him on here says he wasn't a very good guy unless you were what he considered freaky big. And I'd be willing to bet if he had the choice right now of dying and competing in some competition that means nothing and living he'd choose life.

His story is a cautionary tale. I'm sure deep down his parents and the rest his family don't quite understand his decisions.

His judgement was bad to say the least.
The House that Ruth built

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2006, 03:42:15 PM »
Someone here said he'd only talk to you if you were 300 pounds.
and who said THAT mr reading comprehension?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2006, 03:43:38 PM »
and who said THAT mr reading comprehension?

Arvilla.  And he said so himself, several posts above.  Little bit of irony, you calling me out for reading comprehension, eh?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2006, 04:04:13 PM »
Arvilla.  And he said so himself, several posts above.  Little bit of irony, you calling me out for reading comprehension, eh?

um miss thing i didnt read the entire thread to back track to your cheap shot at a dead person

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2006, 06:45:48 AM »

mike didnt know anythony what so ever, and anthony didnt like nut huggers, he had TONS of fans and never said shit to someone just because they were not huge. Most of the bb'ers he trained were middleweights/light heavy and women, and myself included in the heavyweights...im no were near 300. Nobody at the show was besides him and palumbo. Unless mike meant himself which we all now what that looks like. I KNEW anthony, a close friend of years. Mikes idea of knowing him was trying to say hi at a show. I will paint the picture, your anthony...mike comes upto you to basically kiss your ass...you kinda brush it off...now your not a saint and dont talk to people because of it...yada yada yada.

And whos glorifying anything, read some of posts when he died, i was pissed at him for being selfish. Im just trying to let people know how he saw it. Oh and another thing, his Dr's were the ones keeping him on HRT (400mg) because without it he would have died alot sooner. There is alot more to it then what some fucks think on a message board. Yes diurectics were stupid...but ask palumbo on that one..hes the one that kept feeding them to him. Hence why he didnt goto the funreal, guilt much...some friend. As for living life, he didnt want to die, or course not. He wanted to start a new life outside of this, but he had once itch left to scratch. His dr's were the ones saying he was getting better. HE took it for granted I guess. All a moot point now anyway.

And for record..i was with anthony and dameri at every single new englands since 1997 and never once say arvilla come near us. I even competed in two of the shows that anthony helped me with. Half the time he had 4-5 people in the show he got ready, not exactly looknig to chat it up on those days.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2006, 07:11:19 AM »
mike didnt know anythony what so ever, and anthony didnt like nut huggers, he had TONS of fans and never said shit to someone just because they were not huge. Most of the bb'ers he trained were middleweights/light heavy and women, and myself included in the heavyweights...im no were near 300. Nobody at the show was besides him and palumbo. Unless mike meant himself which we all now what that looks like. I KNEW anthony, a close friend of years. Mikes idea of knowing him was trying to say hi at a show. I will paint the picture, your anthony...mike comes upto you to basically kiss your ass...you kinda brush it off...now your not a saint and dont talk to people because of it...yada yada yada.

And whos glorifying anything, read some of posts when he died, i was pissed at him for being selfish. Im just trying to let people know how he saw it. Oh and another thing, his Dr's were the ones keeping him on HRT (400mg) because without it he would have died alot sooner. There is alot more to it then what some fucks think on a message board. Yes diurectics were stupid...but ask palumbo on that one..hes the one that kept feeding them to him. Hence why he didnt goto the funreal, guilt much...some friend. As for living life, he didnt want to die, or course not. He wanted to start a new life outside of this, but he had once itch left to scratch. His dr's were the ones saying he was getting better. HE took it for granted I guess. All a moot point now anyway.

And for record..i was with anthony and dameri at every single new englands since 1997 and never once say arvilla come near us. I even competed in two of the shows that anthony helped me with. Half the time he had 4-5 people in the show he got ready, not exactly looknig to chat it up on those days.

It sounds like he was truly your friend and I'm sorry for your loss. I tried to make my previous post as respectful as I could while still getting my point across.

I think the newspaper story itself somewhat glorified him and I've read posts that commended him because he said he would rather die doing what he loved than in a bed at 80 years old. I find that mild glorification odd.

If Arvilla was wrong in his assessment of him then I apologize for mentioning it, Arvilla seems like a pretty good guy who doesn't seem spiteful so I took his post at face value.

It's a complicated issue because he died doing something he knew very likely could kill him. As I said, it's a cautionary tale.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2006, 07:39:31 AM »

sounds like guy arvilla got pwned
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2006, 07:56:46 AM »
sounds like guy arvilla got pwned
im not hating on him at all, i like mike. I dont know him much, but hes got a good heart and loves the sport. But i know hes hurt from something that happend, why else post that. When i say i know someone, i know them, talk to them all the time...they know me...etc etc. I dont go by hear say or one moment i may have had. Im just irratated in general since this came out.

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2006, 08:17:51 AM »
im not hating on him at all, i like mike. I dont know him much, but hes got a good heart and loves the sport. But i know hes hurt from something that happend, why else post that. When i say i know someone, i know them, talk to them all the time...they know me...etc etc. I dont go by hear say or one moment i may have had. Im just irratated in general since this came out.

i thought that comment "If you're not 300, Ant wouldn't even talk to you" was hilarious.  We need more big guys like that around.  I'm a heavy guy myself, and I also believe the little tiny tits are inconsequential in life.
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2006, 08:21:21 AM »
I also believe the little tiny tits are inconsequential in life.

You should make that quote into a bumper sticker or a t-shirt.