Author Topic: Bush's "Mission Accomplished" photo-op, does he wish he could take it back?  (Read 903 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
I'm curious if our esteemed Commander-in-Chief still thinks his moronic speech on the deck of the USS Abraham Lincoln was a good idea. That pathetic photo-op was 3 1/2 years ago and curiously the mission still hasn't been accomplished.

Was that the most ill conceived Presidential speech in our lifetime or was there an even more ridiculous Presidential showing that I can't remember? My vote goes to "Mission Accomplished", it was just too pathetic to ever be topped.

sandycoosworth

The mission is accomplished; they have 14 permanent bases, thousands upon thousands of troops, corporations setting up infrastructure, a sustained level of controlled chaos to necessitate their continued presence

Bush just saw this before the rest of us :D

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
The mission is accomplished; they have 14 permanent bases, thousands upon thousands of troops, corporations setting up infrastructure, a sustained level of controlled chaos to necessitate their continued presence

Bush just saw this before the rest of us :D

Your "sustained level of controlled chaos" quote reminds me of something Clinton would have said while he was in office. Are you a politician?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Your "sustained level of controlled chaos" quote reminds me of something Clinton would have said while he was in office. Are you a politician?

LOL.

Only a fool would say that the US DOESN'T benefit from a civil war in iraq. 

If you believe the pictures of the jailbreak in which two British special ops soldiers were freed after being caught with IED devices (dressed as Iraqis, accused of terrorism, then freed when the Brits blew a hole in the side of the prison) - they you'd believe that the coalition is actually *stoking* that civil war fire.  Of course, if you have another explanation as to why coalition forces would dress as terrorists, carry IEDs, then have to blow up a prison instead of just having the men released, I'm all ears :)

sandycoosworth

Have you noticed the bombings and whatnot never really seem to get a whole lot better or worse....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Have you noticed the bombings and whatnot never really seem to get a whole lot better or worse....

they were the worst they've ever been this weekend.  Coincidentally, so bad that the iraqi leader had to cancel a trip (a trip the US didn't want) to meet with Syrian and Iranian leaders.

The trip was cancelled cause of bombings killing hundreds.  The US ordered the airport closed and al-Maliki back to his palace and closed Baghdad.

I guess that's one way to keep your puppet govt from talking to those who you don't like.  It's like breaking your girlfriend's leg so she can't go out and meet other guys, then telling everyone she's a clumsy slut who fell and broke it herself :)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
His claim never bothered me, because it can easily be argued that the objective of successfully invading/occupying Iraq was accomplished.

sandycoosworth

they were the worst they've ever been this weekend.  Coincidentally, so bad that the iraqi leader had to cancel a trip (a trip the US didn't want) to meet with Syrian and Iranian leaders.

The trip was cancelled cause of bombings killing hundreds.  The US ordered the airport closed and al-Maliki back to his palace and closed Baghdad.

I guess that's one way to keep your puppet govt from talking to those who you don't like.  It's like breaking your girlfriend's leg so she can't go out and meet other guys, then telling everyone she's a clumsy slut who fell and broke it herself :)

I ment on an aggregate level, you get a few thousand civilians killed every month but its never peaceful and its never total chaos.

Peaceful = your boys come home

Chaos = rest of the world takes a bigger piece of the pie or so many American troops die youy boys come home

240 is Back

• Getbig V
His claim never bothered me, because it can easily be argued that the objective of successfully invading/occupying Iraq was accomplished.

why stay years after we accomplished our mission?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
why stay years after we accomplished our mission?

Reconstruction has nothing to do with mission accomplished, nor would anyone know then how things could be delayed by fanatics. Assuming a populace would be logical and would appreciate infrastructure improvements wasn't unreasonable.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Reconstruction has nothing to do with mission accomplished, nor would anyone know then how things could be delayed by fanatics. Assuming a populace would be logical and would appreciate infrastructure improvements wasn't unreasonable.

Bush got his war approval from congress to 1) remove WMD 2) remove sadaam 3) liberate iraqis/add democracy.

Well, WMD are zilch, sadaam hangs next year, and they have their own freely elected govt.

When did a 4th goal of "referee a civil war" come in?

luike101

• Getbig II
Take it back?  TAKE HIM BACK I CANT BELIEVE WE WONT IMPEACH!  BULLSHIT POLITICS!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V

I don't agree, assuming that a nation in the Middle East would accept our occupation and our building of their infrastructure isn't logical. Why would anyone make such assumptions?

The mission was never fully accomplished, and it never will be. To hold a photo-op 3 1/2 years ago saying that it was is ridiculous.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
How can anyone say we accomplished our mission, yet we lose 4 men a day to insurgent bullets?

How can we 'stay the course' if we've already accomplished the goals of that course?