Author Topic: Rangels slurs Military  (Read 494 times)

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
Rangels slurs Military
« on: November 27, 2006, 03:27:09 PM »
Congressmen Rangels

"I want to make it abundantly clear: if there’s anyone who believes that these youngsters want to fight, as the Pentagon and some generals have said, you can just forget about it. No young, bright individual wants to fight just because of a bonus and just because of educational benefits. And most all of them come from communities of very, very high unemployment. If a young fella has an option of having a decent career or joining the army to fight in Iraq, you can bet your life that he would not be in Iraq." Sunday, November 26, 2006

I know many people who are currently serving who do not fit into this guys profile whatsoever.  His close-mindedness and stupidity is sickening.  Empricial evidence shows this myth has no backing, this myth of poor minorities being overrepresented in the military.
Valhalla awaits.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Rangels slurs Military
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 03:33:26 PM »
How many people signed up because they actually want a career in military (not going into the Acadamies), and not due to 911? Then take how many are going into the military,because they are complete f ups, then the ones that don't know what they want to do in life, then the ones that can't get into college due to poor grades, and then take the ones who can't afford college, but are banking that this will pay for it.

I see alot of recruiters, and they have been scrapping at the bottom of the barrell for sometime. And many of these kids come from Middle class backgrounds ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 03:48:56 PM »
Congressmen Rangels

"I want to make it abundantly clear: if there’s anyone who believes that these youngsters want to fight, as the Pentagon and some generals have said, you can just forget about it. No young, bright individual wants to fight just because of a bonus and just because of educational benefits. And most all of them come from communities of very, very high unemployment. If a young fella has an option of having a decent career or joining the army to fight in Iraq, you can bet your life that he would not be in Iraq." Sunday, November 26, 2006

I know many people who are currently serving who do not fit into this guys profile whatsoever.  His close-mindedness and stupidity is sickening.  Empricial evidence shows this myth has no backing, this myth of poor minorities being overrepresented in the military.

I agree.  Same here.  I like him, but I'm very disappointed that we would distort facts to try and make a point. 

wishtobbigger

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 04:05:25 PM »
i may be a special individual but i joined to go and get to defend the us i cannot believe this guy some of us like to be able to feel like we are accomplishing something in the world and our lives and make a mark on the worls if people wouldn't enlist if they had great carrers then why did pat tillman enlist he was making a million a year and had just started his career? this guy is just wrong plain and simply wrong
BKS: the peoples champion