Author Topic: Pro Bbing weekly play-by-play... plus, who gets the $?  (Read 4361 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Pro Bbing weekly play-by-play... plus, who gets the $?
« on: November 27, 2006, 05:04:01 PM »
Chic's Masters Pro win didn't make the list.

Somewhere a rusty man is smiling.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Pro Bbing weekly play-by-play... plus, who gets the $?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 05:10:07 PM »
Bob dissing levrone's backlash movie... ouch.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 05:46:51 PM »
Top 10 of 2006....

#10 Lee Priest jumps to PDI, then is suspended

#9 Toney Freeman's surprising 2006 win and placings
   ***Note: Bob knew all along and predicted it, but didn't tell anyone.
   ***squad-approved toney freeman doing guest cameo tonight.

#8 Vince Taylor flipflopping on the PDI/year of the comeback

#7 Magazine wars - Flex vs. MD.

#6 Dexter wins the Arnold a second time.

#5 Undefeated Pro Phil Heath
   ***Phil heath on the phone

#4 PBW going to Sirius radio

#3 Titus still likes to kill people

#2 Ben Weider resigns

#1 Cutler wins the O

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 05:54:35 PM »
#4 - Epic masterbating slot to the list...How is an internet radio show going to be any bigger then it is now, doesn't the internet have more people then sirius radio?

"Talked to Ben last week"...nice name dropping Don.

Enjoy your dish...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 06:03:07 PM »
#4 - Epic masterbating slot to the list...How is an internet radio show going to be any bigger then it is now, doesn't the internet have more people then sirius radio?

"Talked to Ben last week"...nice name dropping Don.

Simple...as the internet is worldwide, unless you follow Pro BB, you wouldn't know it exists...with Sirius radio, 5 million people are listening and can change channels at any time, thus giving us a much larger base to draw off of...it also opens up the advertisers to a much larger audience.

AVBG

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 06:05:29 PM »
Simple...as the internet is worldwide, unless you follow Pro BB, you wouldn't know it exists...with Sirius radio, 5 million people are listening and can change channels at any time, thus giving us a much larger base to draw off of...it also opens up the advertisers to a much larger audience.

who got the $$

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 06:08:10 PM »
Top 10 of 2006....

#3 Titus still likes to kill people

LOL ;D

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 06:11:20 PM »
Spelling error under your Avatar chick...

sometimes you get the elevator, sometimes the shaft

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 06:12:37 PM »

I'm sure tons of people flipping through the dial are going to be enthrawled with bodybuilding talk radio ::)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 06:52:20 PM »
I'm sure tons of people flipping through the dial are going to be enthrawled with bodybuilding talk radio ::)

Well, at least they will have the opportunity to listen, and they can make their own decision...you can't be interested in something you've never been exposed to.

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 06:56:49 PM »
Well, at least they will have the opportunity to listen, and they can make their own decision...you can't be interested in something you've never been exposed to.

sorry bob, maybe next year it might des. a top 10 placing, but not this year.... and #4, not quite.... not above phil....

AVBG

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 06:58:15 PM »
sorry bob, maybe next year it might des. a top 10 placing, but not this year.... and #4, not quite.... not above phil....

I agree (for the first time) with Bob, its big news.. a whole new market is now going to be open to BB.

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 07:01:23 PM »
infact dont you think that any stories involving PBW should be excluded from the list, to preserve the integrity of the list... i mean come on....

I agree (for the first time) with Bob, its big news.. a whole new market is now going to be open to BB.

how many ch. does sirius have?...

it means nothing unless people listen... maybe if the show does well,

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 07:03:21 PM »
Chick great job with.A. Articles 19.5,19.6,19.7 and 19.8 of the IFBB Professional Rules.Amended to have 90seconds to perform 8 mandatory poses,the order of which shall be up to the competitors discretion.Keep up the great work.This should have changed years ago.Ps No Masters shows for 2007??.

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 07:17:15 PM »
Wow, predictable top 10.   Glad I DIDNT listen to the show. Maybe next week.  Whateverthehell happened to PDI Radio?  Or the official PDI website for that matter?  Priest said January on the official PDI website though. 
Truly STOP WHINING

Mr Gethin

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 07:19:35 PM »

I think its awesome Bob. Sponsors are already expressing preference of advertising with web and radio. In the past week I have written a couple of articles for companies who normally ask me to submit to certain mags, instead they have asked me to submit to bb.com hoping your new and excisting listeners will take a look the material on the site knowing you will plug bb.com. To infinity and beyond....... ;)

kris@kagedmuscle.com
Deputy Editor

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2006, 07:38:29 PM »
I thought Satellite radio was free of advertising.  And as much as I think any kind of exposure is good exposure, I do not think BB radio on Sirrius will bring in any or many new fans.  How does it?  Is someone all of a sudden going to be listening to music or Howard Stern and then switch channels and hear a guy talking about something the listener has no idea about and that will entrall him or her to stop and listen to more. #1 I don't like radio advertising.  It is not like it used to be when people listening to the radio.  Nowadays they have CD and Mp3 to listen too.  Sirrius was made so people can lsiten to what they want when they want without commercial interuption.  They make their money from the listeners paying a fee.  The last thing they want to do is listen to advertising.  I don't know about the new listerner thing happening.  But who knows I have been wrong before ;D  Not often ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2006, 07:41:11 PM »
I used to be a BBing.com writer.

Ah, those were the days.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2006, 07:43:05 PM »
Chick great job with.A. Articles 19.5,19.6,19.7 and 19.8 of the IFBB Professional Rules.Amended to have 90seconds to perform 8 mandatory poses,the order of which shall be up to the competitors discretion.Keep up the great work.This should have changed years ago.Ps No Masters shows for 2007??.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Hopefully, the BBers will as well...long overdue.

Seemed to make sense to me that given a 90 sec. display of your physique, you should be able to showcase your best attributes, whether they be mandatory poses or not....we already have a mandatory round.

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 07:44:35 PM »
I thought Satellite radio was free of advertising.  And as much as I think any kind of exposure is good exposure, I do not think BB radio on Sirrius will bring in any or many new fans.  How does it?  Is someone all of a sudden going to be listening to music or Howard Stern and then switch channels and hear a guy talking about something the listener has no idea about and that will entrall him or her to stop and listen to more. #1 I don't like radio advertising.  It is not like it used to be when people listening to the radio.  Nowadays they have CD and Mp3 to listen too.  Sirrius was made so people can lsiten to what they want when they want without commercial interuption.  They make their money from the listeners paying a fee.  The last thing they want to do is listen to advertising.  I don't know about the new listerner thing happening.  But who knows I have been wrong before ;D  Not often ;D
I have had Sirius for two years.  The music content is commercial free.  All sports related channels are commercial ridden.  Stern, Maxim, and all that other shit I have no clue because I am usually on the NFL, ESPN, hip hop, and rock channels anyway.
Truly STOP WHINING

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2006, 08:04:46 PM »
Of course we have commercials, thats what pays the bills and puts a few sheckles in the pocket...!

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2006, 08:07:28 PM »
Sirius rocks.

Good luck to PBW, Bob has good ideas to grow the "sport". Support him and forget about X vs Y, all should prosper.

I personally would love to see a mix of physique competitions with strongman in order to showcase athletes. have something like bench press 1x body weight, squat 2x body weight, pull-ups, deadlift and vertical leap (all after good warm up) PLUS a physique round or two to show functional BB with pleasing looks. This type of competition would draw viewers, more sponsors and some excitment. Do the lifting stuff during the day and physique comparisons at night, it would sell DVD's, the sport and possible some cable tv...just an idea waiting to be refined and exploited.

Doug kalman

Dan Solomon

• Getbig II
  • PBW
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2006, 08:22:24 PM »

At this point, its impossible to know what kind of impact the Sirius deal will have. As part of the agreement, PBW will be heavily promoted during "other" Sirius sports programs.  Bodybuilding commercials are being produced that will play across the Sirius network as a means to cross-promote the show.  The Sirius deal will also enable us to integrate more high-profile guests as well as improved production resources.  Only time will tell.  But in the end, all we can do is try.  -- When we created PBW it seemed like a long shot.  As it turns out, the radio band wagon is filling up faster than Jay Cutler's bank account.  Now its time to bring the show to a larger audience.  Nothing to lose.....and everything to gain. Thanks for tuning in...

thisiskeith12

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2006, 09:01:10 PM »
Some of your are so behind the times. Satellite radio has commericial free music channels, not talk channels. With Sirius and myself, the show will be maximized to its potential.

Spicy Shushi

• Getbig III
  • KNOW HOMO?
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2006, 09:04:05 PM »
When we created PBW it seemed like a long shot.  As it turns out, the radio band wagon is filling up faster than Jay Cutler's bank account. 
Good thing that Dave Depew guy didn't have "a Bob in the bank" considering he interviewed bodybuilders long before others...

http://www.davedepew.com/info/inarchives.asp?sid=91

Al "I invented internet radio" sushiGore
Enjoy your dish...