Author Topic: Drug-free powerlifter Art Jones benches 580 for 2 reps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 5802 times)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
here is a 661lb drug free bench press in a single ply shirt this year at the wdfpf world champs here in cork, ireland.

dave is in 145pluskg class and an irishman

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
Mind-boggling strength. :o

insane pressing power :o
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
Went to high school with a guy who did 530 when he weighed 295.  He played football in the SEC but pulled off the push nonetheless.  It's on the wall of records at the weight room of the school.   I am 100% positive he had used nothing at that point.

I always find it interesting how you people on here (and in general) believe that if YOU can't accomplish something without drugs that NO ONE can.  ::)

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
Awesome strength but ... why was he wearing a superman t shirt and his training 'partner' wearing a batman t shirt? And i'm sure Phil Collins was on the stereo.

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
no shirt, doesnt seem all freak'd n bloated or as vascular as guys on gear...like the other poster said, its very possible he's natural.

love the way he totally mastered 520 x 2...like it was nuttin...forget the top weight...the absolute ease at 520 blows me away...like he coulda done 6!

in anyone's book this is impressive.

the strongest guy ive seen (relatively) was a totally natural dude at my gym who mustve been around 170lb (guess- not solidly built and was about 5'8'' and looked like nothing)...pushing 350 for reps and finishing with sets of 10 using pairs of 120lb dumbbells on the incline.

i just checked out the world records in his class....OMFG...not even close...for 179lb the record is 650lb+...quadruple bodyweight..

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
ok i take back everything i said.

just checked out the world drug free powerlifting records..

for the equipped 100kg (220lb) class, the bench press record for a single is 495lb.

the only class that goes near 580 lbs (equipped remember) is the 320 lb (SHW) class.

The superheavyweight unequipped world record is 630lbs.....

LASTREP72

• Getbig III
  • STANZO-20 stayin crisp, tight, and strong!!!
Went to high school with a guy who did 530 when he weighed 295.  He played football in the SEC but pulled off the push nonetheless.  It's on the wall of records at the weight room of the school.   I am 100% positive he had used nothing at that point.

I always find it interesting how you people on here (and in general) believe that if YOU can't accomplish something without drugs that NO ONE can.  ::)
Bassically they are pencil necks who haven't put in the time and dedication to get over their 315lb bench press barrier. With the right training,diet, time and dedication it's very possible for a natty to push over 500 and close to 600lb unequipped in the bench. When I was in college (1st year football camp) I hit 375lb for a dubble at 18 years old and totally natural. And their were many guys allot stronger than me there - we hand a guy come in at 18 years old who hit 405 for 7 sold reps and we were randomly drug tested. I bet onlyme sees allot of natty guys who bench close to or over 500lbs.
I'm Rick James BITCH!!!

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
OMG a guy did something I will never be able to do so he must be on drugs or they must be fake plates. Some of you on here are some sad ass pieces of shit, maybe he uses maybe he doesn't but if he claims to be natural and no one has proved otherwise then STFU and stop bitching like a little girl that didn't get a pony for her birthday.
I

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
First of all,Art has been tested numerous times and always benches in drug tested meets.Second of all,the guy wouldnt have the knowledge or money to beat the tests.He is just a freaky strong bench presser.He doesnt do the other lifts because of some disability,but for guys that know nothing about him to claim he is taking something is silly.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
love it....
if someone had said they saw someone do that ...
it would be the usual buuuulshiiit.... from weak minded insecure people....
doesnt matter if he juiced or not..
NONE of the juice up strong pro's bench that NONE...
ive seen no video of any pro doing that..
badass ass video....
choice is an illusion

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
unfucckingbelievable!!!! :o drug free or not that is one huge, strong dude, that shows you the type of size you have to have to press that kind of weight, that guy has a HUGE upper body, kind of makes you wonder about these skinny clowns like Mesomorph, Mr. Intenseone, Dan18 who claim big weights but don't look even a quarter as thick as this guy, awesome stuff.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
the spotter stood pretty far away, pretty much useless, if i was benching that much id want 2 spotters on each side.
Kamali needs at least 8!!!!
S

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
He maintain solid control throughout the entire lift. He's a big guy, too. I would say he's around 270lbs or more
Get Big, or Die Trying

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
yes total control....
and to full lock out too....
...and the spotter excellent job...
thats how i spot....
if u cant push one... and ur ego trainin and ask me for a spot u will suffer under that bar before i touch it...i make anyone who asks for a spot aware of that...
that was excellent lifting... and spotting
choice is an illusion

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
He might not be natural, but he benchs flat, no arch crap and he does the movemente until its full extension. Very, very, good!!!
S

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Good form and big strength...

If he's drug free he's one of the strongest men on this planet by a LONG shot...ryan kennelly competes in drug tested divisions too...hmmmmmm

Strong guy no matter what...

8)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
yep... very strong
choice is an illusion

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
I honestly think the reason you never see freaks like this in commercial gyms is because most of them go into real sports like football. There are football players all over the country who can lift huge weights without drugs. If these guys focused entirely on powerlifting, they would shatter records.

Say what you want about steroids, but one would probably have to bench 500-550 naturally to even come close to 600 on steroids. Only the most NATURALLY strong men will ever lift that kind of weight.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
I honestly think the reason you never see freaks like this in commercial gyms is because most of them go into real sports like football. There are football players all over the country who can lift huge weights without drugs. If these guys focused entirely on powerlifting, they would shatter records.

Say what you want about steroids, but one would probably have to bench 500-550 naturally to even come close to 600 on steroids. Only the most NATURALLY strong men will ever lift that kind of weight.
exactly, i've thought for a long time that the most genetically gifted men aren't on an IFBB pro stage or powerlifting platforms but playing offensive or defensive line in the NFL and why wouldn't they, there's millions to be made in the NFL compared to the peanuts in bb'ing or pl'ing.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
unfucckingbelievable!!!! :o drug free or not that is one huge, strong dude, that shows you the type of size you have to have to press that kind of weight, that guy has a HUGE upper body, kind of makes you wonder about these skinny clowns like Mesomorph, Mr. Intenseone, Dan18 who claim big weights but don't look even a quarter as thick as this guy, awesome stuff.
Whats the problem now,again my name is on you're lips again. you must really admire me i make no crazy claims...
I'm 225 with a 405 bench whats so hard to believe..
p

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Whats the problem now,again my name is on you're lips again. you must really admire me i make no crazy claims...
if that dude does 580 you 185, you look 130lbs. lighter than him.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
if that dude does 580 you 185, you look 130lbs. lighter than him.
??? speak english...so what youre saying is some one has to look a certain way and weigh a certain amount in order to press 405 ........granted it would be hard to think danielson could handle that weight but sars im far from small im no monster but im not small ....
p

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
To the people commenting on the spotter, if you read the comments Art replies saying that the guy has been spotting him for 6 years and everything he does is spot on and has been developed over the course of the years. They obviously know what they're doing.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym

I believe it. 225lbs with 405 is good.
Get Big, or Die Trying

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
Art posts on GoHeavy.com if you wish to compliment or speak to him

Chris
w