Author Topic: Please come to Alabama Steve Spurrier  (Read 734 times)

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
Please come to Alabama Steve Spurrier
« on: November 28, 2006, 01:36:25 PM »
Oh god please come!!!!  Yesterday Spurrier was flown to augusta to play the course the masters is held at, he was flown there in Bear Bryant Jr's plane.   Oh my , something big is on the horizon!
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

anvil

• Getbig IV
Re: Please come to Alabama Steve Spurrier
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 01:48:32 PM »
If Spurrier is going there then you guys will be beating the shit out of my Razorbacks until eternity.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 01:53:13 PM »
If Spurrier is going there then you guys will be beating the shit out of my Razorbacks until eternity.

We came closer to beating you guys this year than anybody else.  I think when you guys beat us, it turned your season around.  Damn our kicker for missing that extra point in overtime!

by the way, congrats to your season and I hope you guys beat Florida in the SEC championship game.  I tip my hat to Coach NUTT.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 01:58:38 PM »
I heard he already said "no."  Miami is probably a more attractive job than Alabama, for any coach, since job security at Alabama is tied to whether or not you can beat Auburn. 

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 02:05:10 PM »
I heard he already said "no."  Miami is probably a more attractive job than Alabama, for any coach, since job security at Alabama is tied to whether or not you can beat Auburn. 

They always say no until they sign the contract.   How could Miami be a better place?  Its thug city you have to deal with.

I doubt spurrier will come but the fact he flew on bear bryants sons plane to augusta to play golf with him and all the athletic department heads says a lot.  Don't be suprised.  Word is they will offer spurrier 2 million a year, s. carolina pays him 1 million.

Money talks.  Plus he could win another national championship at alabama, he will never do that at south carolina.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 02:56:38 PM »
They always say no until they sign the contract.   How could Miami be a better place?  Its thug city you have to deal with.

I doubt spurrier will come but the fact he flew on bear bryants sons plane to augusta to play golf with him and all the athletic department heads says a lot.  Don't be suprised.  Word is they will offer spurrier 2 million a year, s. carolina pays him 1 million.

Money talks.  Plus he could win another national championship at alabama, he will never do that at south carolina.

I agree money talks, but he apparently issued a public statement:

Despite Alabama talk, Spurrier says not leaving Gamecocks
Associated Press
TUSCALOOSA - Alabama fans may want to tune out talk about Steve Spurrier as the next Crimson Tide coach. At least that's the word from Spurrier himself.

With Mike Shula out at Tuscaloosa, Spurrier issued a statement this afternoon saying he has no intention of leaving South Carolina.

Spurrier says it's always flattering for a South Carolina coach to be rumored for a big-time program. But he says the rumor will die down in two or three days.

He issued the statement through South Carolina while traveling in Florida on a recruiting trip.

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/mld/ledgerenquirer/news/local/16109697.htm