Author Topic: What's a nice way...  (Read 5505 times)

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
Re: What's a nice way...
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2006, 09:33:12 AM »
Then think real hard about that deeper issue.  That's probably the root of your feelings.  You never answered and you don't have to be specific, but how old are you?  How long have you been with her?
BKS - Guardian of Truth

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2006, 02:25:43 PM »
And everyone around you two are getting married and making plans for the future right?  And it feels like you are supposed to do that too?  Don't.

If you are losing interest in her physically that is the precursor to other women catching your eye.  Like the old saying goes..."Plenty of fish in the sea".  Say you help her to drop the few pounds.  Then all is peachy and next thing you know you wake up one morning with a ring on your finger and her having packed that weight back on and maybe more.  Now you are unhappy for sure and being that you are not going anywhere easily, most likely she will not be so apt to quickly try to cut down again.  Human nature.

Sort your true feelings my friend.  Again, a few pounds should not be the end of the world as far as attraction.  Unless of course you mean a lot more than a few pounds and are just not saying it here.

Good luck.   :)
BKS - Guardian of Truth

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2006, 10:40:23 PM »
I made a bet with her.  I told her I would pay for part of our trip this summer if I gained ten pounds of muscle and she lost ten pounds.  I think the point is there but I will take DIV's advice if she doesn't take it serious.  I love her, but in reality I don't want her to become overweight like my mom.  My dad is extremely fit and my mom is well...not and I don't want to end up like that.  I think that is the deeper issue IMO.   ???

Because the core issue here is your wanting her to avoid the slippery slope of a few extra pounds to morbidly obese like your mother, I think you need to be honest with her about your thoughts.

Tell her you don't want a situation like the one your parents are in because it would absolutely ruin your sex life.

Yes, women are sensitive regarding their weight, but that doesn't change the reality of the situation.

If you don't deal with this now in a way that nets results, you will be dealing with it later and it might be a dealbreaker at that point.

Be tactful, but be real....

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2006, 01:57:04 AM »
Because the core issue here is your wanting her to avoid the slippery slope of a few extra pounds to morbidly obese like your mother, I think you need to be honest with her about your thoughts.

Tell her you don't want a situation like the one your parents are in because it would absolutely ruin your sex life.

Yes, women are sensitive regarding their weight, but that doesn't change the reality of the situation.

If you don't deal with this now in a way that nets results, you will be dealing with it later and it might be a dealbreaker at that point.

Be tactful, but be real....

DIV
I agree, can't let it go too far, don't wait to long to do something. But the way you tell it is important as well.

My mother is fat. She's constantly bitching about it, but doenst have the guts to do cardio/diet. That's simply because for her first 30 years she didn't do anything, but still remained slim. Then they start gaining some weight slowly, thinking "i still look ok". But each year those extra pounds stay on, the harder it will be to lose them.
$

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2006, 03:23:29 AM »
I am a personal trainer and most of my clients are women and when they ask me about their diet (because they want to lose weight) I give it to them straight.

No sugarcoating...

I tell them what needs to be cut out and what needs to in included.

It's very cut and dry.

......and I would do the same in a relationship.

DIV
Div, there is a difference between your personal trainer telling you that you need to lose a few pound than haveing someone who's supposed to love you for "who you are".  I dated a guy that had NO problem telling me where something "he felt" was something I shouldn't be eating was going on my body, and did so without haste, without a single thought as to my feelings.......let's just say he's out of the picture and has been for some time.

Caps girl needs to be introduced into the fit way of life on "her own terms".  She has to do it for her, not for him.  I definitely can understand how when a person's weight effects the relationship "physically", but she isn't going to do it because "he says she's gotten fat".  He might say something alongs the lines of "remember that outfit (describe something she looked hot in that she can't fit in anymore), damn you look so beautiful in that.  We should go to "such and such place" so I can see you all dolled up in it again and relive that night."  Althought she knows she can't fit in it, you have planted a seed in her brain reminding her of how she looked, the heads she turned, how much you loved it AND gives her a thought of "I would love to go to that place again, relive that night, I need to get back into the dress again".  At a later date (couple days later) mention that you think you put on a few pounds and things feel a little tight on you and are going to kick up your cardio a bit and change your diet...she may wanna follow suit.
:D Weee

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2006, 06:46:37 PM »
Div, there is a difference between your personal trainer telling you that you need to lose a few pound than haveing someone who's supposed to love you for "who you are".  I dated a guy that had NO problem telling me where something "he felt" was something I shouldn't be eating was going on my body, and did so without haste, without a single thought as to my feelings.......let's just say he's out of the picture and has been for some time.

Caps girl needs to be introduced into the fit way of life on "her own terms".  She has to do it for her, not for him.  I definitely can understand how when a person's weight effects the relationship "physically", but she isn't going to do it because "he says she's gotten fat".  He might say something alongs the lines of "remember that outfit (describe something she looked hot in that she can't fit in anymore), damn you look so beautiful in that.  We should go to "such and such place" so I can see you all dolled up in it again and relive that night."  Althought she knows she can't fit in it, you have planted a seed in her brain reminding her of how she looked, the heads she turned, how much you loved it AND gives her a thought of "I would love to go to that place again, relive that night, I need to get back into the dress again".  At a later date (couple days later) mention that you think you put on a few pounds and things feel a little tight on you and are going to kick up your cardio a bit and change your diet...she may wanna follow suit.

Laura,

I understand your perspective, being that you are a woman, but I think your way of dealing with the situation is counterproductive and slightly passive aggressive in nature.

I'm a direct type of person......whether it's training people in the gym or hashing out relationship issues.

It's just my way, and it works.

DIV

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2006, 06:57:30 PM »
Laura,

I understand your perspective, being that you are a woman, but I think your way of dealing with the situation is counterproductive and slightly passive aggressive in nature.

I'm a direct type of person......whether it's training people in the gym or hashing out relationship issues.

DIV
You understand my perspective, being that I am a woman??  Hello?? That is what this is about, is it not.  How to talk to a woman.  You can not dictate how a woman should be spoken to on such delicate matters Div.  I'm sorry, you are wrong here.  You may know a lot about people, but you are NOT a woman and can not EVER know what it is like "as a woman" to be told by your lover that you are getting fat and unappealing.  YOU can never know.  Just like I could never know what it would be like as a "man" to be told my dick is too small.  >:( 
:D Weee

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2006, 07:05:09 PM »
Laura,

DIV

Div, you may be a direct person, ...and that may be your way, ...but Laura's way is brilliant! It's inspired me!
Now Laura, do you have any advice about how to fit into that bra I used to wear in high school?  ;D
w

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2006, 07:27:21 PM »
You understand my perspective, being that I am a woman??  Hello?? That is what this is about, is it not.  How to talk to a woman.  You can not dictate how a woman should be spoken to on such delicate matters Div.  I'm sorry, you are wrong here.  You may know a lot about people, but you are NOT a woman and can not EVER know what it is like "as a woman" to be told by your lover that you are getting fat and unappealing.  YOU can never know.  Just like I could never know what it would be like as a "man" to be told my dick is too small.  >:( 

Maybe I'm different, but I'd rather hear the truth no matter how brutal than have it be sugarcoated for the sake of my ego.

If my cock was too small for a woman, I'd rather know than have her think it to herself and not tell me...

That's me, though......

My ego can take it.

I'm not sure most guys can deal with that type of revelation.

DIV

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2006, 07:34:14 PM »
Maybe I'm different, but I'd rather hear the truth no matter how brutal than have it be sugarcoated for the sake of my ego.

If my cock was too small for a woman, I'd rather know than have her think it to herself and not tell me...

That's me, though......

My ego can take it.

I'm not sure most guys can deal with that type of revelation.

DIV

But Div, ...we weren't talking about you or your tiny peepee.
We were talking about how to help cap86 broach the subject with HIS girlfriend.
w

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2006, 03:35:24 PM »
But Div, ...we weren't talking about you or your tiny peepee.
We were talking about how to help cap86 broach the subject with HIS girlfriend.

I'm just commenting.......

Can I do that?

DIV

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2006, 08:58:38 PM »
I'm just commenting.......

Can I do that?

DIV

Sure Div, you can comment, ...and make it all about you... again,
I just thought you wanted to provide him with a solution that would work in his situation.  ;)
w