Author Topic: smartest states in the US  (Read 1874 times)

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
smartest states in the US
« on: November 28, 2006, 06:19:46 PM »
1. Massachusetts
2. Connecticut
3. Vermont
4. New Jersey
5. Wisconsin
6. New York
7. Minnesota
8. Iowa
9. Pennsylvania
10. Montana
11. Maine
12. Virginia
13. Nebraska
14. New Hampshire
15. Kansas
16. Wyoming
17. Indiana
18. Maryland
19. North Dakota
20. Ohio
21. Colorado
22. South Dakota
23. Rhode Island
24. Illinois
25.North Carolina
26. Missouri
27. Delaware
28. Utah
29. Idaho
30. Washington
31. Michigan
32.South Carolina
33.Texas and West Virginia (tie)
34. Oregon
35. Arkansas
36. Kentucky
37. Georgia
38. Florida
39. Oklahoma
40. Tennessee
41.Hawaii
42. Cal ifornia
44. Alabama
45. Alaska
46. Louisiana
47. Mississippi
48. Arizona
49. Nevada
50. New Mexico

body88

Re: smartest states in the US
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 06:36:50 PM »
# 1       8)

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 06:38:37 PM »
I could have told you Southerners are stupid.

what's the source of this?

body88

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 06:40:32 PM »
I went out with a girl from the deep south one time. I was blown away by the way this girl thought. She was under the impression the "Yankees" started a war with the south because we wanted there rich resources!

body88

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 06:45:11 PM »
1. Massachusetts
2. Connecticut
3. Vermont
4. New Jersey
5. Wisconsin
6. New York
7. Minnesota
8. Iowa                                      Sane
9. Pennsylvania
10. Montana                   
11. Maine ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Virginia
13. Nebraska
14. New Hampshire                 Voted for bush
15. Kansas
16. Wyoming
17. Indiana
18. Maryland
19. North Dakota
20. Ohio
21. Colorado
22. South Dakota
23. Rhode Island
24. Illinois
25.North Carolina
26. Missouri
27. Delaware
28. Utah
29. Idaho
30. Washington
31. Michigan
32.South Carolina
33.Texas and West Virginia (tie)
34. Oregon
35. Arkansas
36. Kentucky
37. Georgia
38. Florida
39. Oklahoma
40. Tennessee
41.Hawaii
42. Cal ifornia
44. Alabama
45. Alaska
46. Louisiana
47. Mississippi
48. Arizona
49. Nevada
50. New Mexico

j/k j/k

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 06:48:12 PM »
I wouldn't take too much stock in this list......There are idiots everywhere!

body88

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 06:51:41 PM »
Right, but the lowest concentration of idiots are in the top states on that list. There is that whole tough "departed" element here in Boston. The city also has a huge blue collar population. But you would understand why it is number one on that list if you where competing for a job here in Boston. It seems like everything is ultra hard to get into. Christ I think some of the bums went to college ::) With alot of the best schools , hospitals and technology/ research centers in the world  Boston it is crazy competitive.

Not knocking other states at all! I have met some smart bastards from places like Alabama and Mississippi. Some go to MIT!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 07:01:00 PM »
Right, but the lowest concentration of idiots are in the top states on that list. There is that whole tough "departed" element here in Boston. The city also has a huge blue collar population. But you would understand why it is number one on that list if you where competing for a job here in Boston. It seems like everything is ultra hard to get into. Christ I think some of the bums went to college ::) With alot of the best schools , hospitals and technology/ research centers in the world  Boston it is crazy competitive.

Not knocking other states at all! I have met some smart bastards from places like Alabama and Mississippi. Some go to MIT!

heheh,  yeah.  I bet there is alot of reason for smart people to live in Mass also: College, Schools, industry, The Patriots  ;), etc...

body88

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 07:06:44 PM »
lol!!!!

To be honest, my fav city outside of Boston is Providence!

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006, 07:36:46 PM »

but the southern idiots have controlled the most powerful office in the world for the last 14 years . . .

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 07:42:45 PM »
Monster urban legend that has been debunked a dozen times.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2006, 09:52:05 PM »
ya i grew up in ny. barly graduated high school. then i went to the university of kentucky and became a fuking genius

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2006, 12:16:05 AM »
Obviously a list put together by persons on the east coast.   :) 

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2006, 12:56:35 AM »
Thats not a fair test to CA as we have all the immigrants who can't speak english.  Harsh, yes... but its true.

Tesla

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2006, 05:02:09 AM »
I've lived in 4 different states, including Massachusetts.  There's no way Mass is #1, unless maybe you're going by book smarts.  There are lots of very smart people, don't get me wrong, but MA has no common sense...  stupidity is institutionalized there, especially in the public sector.  Special ed teachers with two master's degrees make in the six figures for finger painting with retarded kids, and cops get double overtime special duty pay for sitting on the side of a road while road-work is being done (instead of hiring a near-minimum wage flag waver).  Then there's the Big Dig fiasco, a project that goes 10X over budget, kills someone, and still there is no accountability.

body88

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 06:15:56 AM »
I've lived in 4 different states, including Massachusetts.  There's no way Mass is #1, unless maybe you're going by book smarts.  There are lots of very smart people, don't get me wrong, but MA has no common sense...  stupidity is institutionalized there, especially in the public sector.  Special ed teachers with two master's degrees make in the six figures for finger painting with retarded kids, and cops get double overtime special duty pay for sitting on the side of a road while road-work is being done (instead of hiring a near-minimum wage flag waver).  Then there's the Big Dig fiasco, a project that goes 10X over budget, kills someone, and still there is no accountability.

This is quite possibly the dumbest post ever. Massachusetts is 100 percent the smartest State in the country. Massachusetts holds some of the best hospitals in the world. MIT, Harvard, Worcester poly tech, BC, BU, Tufts, Wellesley and a slew of other amazing colleges. There are over 200 colleges in the state. Some of the most advanced technical centers and company's in the world are located in this state. The most advanced cancer research on the planet is done here. Dana Farber is prob the best cancer facility in the world. Most advanced military weapons systems are created and perfected here. The employees of these company's/hospitals/research centers alone prove the point.

As for the big dig. The company's responsible for  the engineering and planning of the project are not based in Boston. The engineering and planning was handled by firm's from San Fran , NY and Jersey among other places. In short Boston had nothing to do with alot of the planning and design.So if it is a "fiasco" the entire top 10 on that list are to blame. Since at least one company from every state on that list had some part in this project there is alot of blame to go around ;D.You knew that tho! The big dig is the largest civil construction project ever. You cannot blame the entire state for the corrupting of SOME of the company's ( allot of which are from out of state) engaged in.I would bet you are making a blind statement with little knowledge of the actual big dig and regurgitating what you saw on the news. Further more you have no clue what you are talking about with the "fiasco" comments. Someone was killed due to negligence in which 7 company's are being sued for civil damages. Then they are being taken to court on criminal charges by the attorney general. You do know half the company's being held responsible are not even from Massachusetts right? Also, Why would Massachusetts be held responsible for the death? You hire a company to put a new ceiling in your house. You trust there expertise on the build and safety. The ceilings falls and injures a friend. Do they sue you? Of course not. You hire a company and trust there expertise to complete the project. That is why the attorney general is suing those 7 company's for 150 million in damages then fieling negligence chargers in criminal court. I am not going to waste time getting into it either. If MA is not the smartest state which is? let me guess NY  ::) Yeah right!  Although the big dig project was overbudget it is near completion. You do understand  the largest consruction project in the history of the world was undertaken and completed. While the entire city stayed open and all the flow of traffic and people was active. The population rises by over 300,000 in the fall when all the schools begin classes.You know they built part of most of the big dig under a active subway right? The oldest subway system in the world by the way.You also are aware Boston is very old and you cannot just dig anywhere, and build things without regard for the architecture and past pipe/electrical lines. You do know they had to replace or reroute the entire innards of the whole city under the streets. Replacing it all with state of the art fiber optics.Ob they could not have forseen all the difficulties ahead of time ::) Not to mention they could not shut the city down so problems would ob arise. Watch the documentary that just came out on the history of the big dig. Then when you know what you are talking about come back and post. What I outlined was about 5 of the hundreds of technical  wonders the big dig had to accomplish to be completed.The comment about the teachers was just stupid. If you have 2 masters you are compensated accordingly here. Guess the "retards" should be taught by some hack so they can be payed nothing and money can be saved.

Btw you sound to me like a sour ex transplant who was passed over for some job and is pissed off about it. I know several officers from other states who receive overtime pay to "stand" at Construction sites in traffic, in the rain, on the weekend at night ::) If not that you are pissed off about something. To competitive here for some  :-\

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2006, 07:03:17 AM »
All liberal states. I'm surprise that California scored so low! I guess all the Mexicans dumb things down a bit.

body88

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2006, 07:06:48 AM »
All liberal states. I'm surprise that California scored so low! I guess all the Mexicans dumb things down a bit.

I agree. I was very surprised to see cali so low. Hollywood prob had alot ot do with that!

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2006, 07:22:52 AM »
Well said, bro!   :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2006, 07:29:30 AM »
I'm from Wyoming :'(  Just wunderin how the hell we got up der to 16 :P

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2006, 10:34:06 AM »
All the fun places to live are at the bottom.  Rather have fun than learn. SImple

body88

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2006, 10:47:24 AM »
All the fun places to live are at the bottom.  Rather have fun than learn. SImple

True... But to live in the fun places you have to be successful in the top places!

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2006, 12:07:39 AM »
This is quite possibly the dumbest post ever. Massachusetts is 100 percent the smartest State in the country. Massachusetts holds some of the best hospitals in the world. MIT, Harvard, Worcester poly tech, BC, BU, Tufts, Wellesley and a slew of other amazing colleges. There are over 200 colleges in the state. Some of the most advanced technical centers and company's in the world are located in this state. The most advanced cancer research on the planet is done here. Dana Farber is prob the best cancer facility in the world. Most advanced military weapons systems are created and perfected here. The employees of these company's/hospitals/research centers alone prove the point.

You could say the exact same things about Texas. There are probably more high-tech companies located in the Dallas area alone than there are in all of Massachusetts. Texas Instruments is headquartered in Dallas. Lockheed Martin has major R&D facilities in Grand Prairie and Ft. Worth. There are literally hundreds of telecom and semiconductor companies located in the northern suburbs of Dallas. Austin is also a huge city for semiconductor and other high-tech companies such as AMD and Dell. NASA's Johnson Space Center is located in Houston, as is the MD Anderson Cancer Center and the Texas Medical Center (the largest medical center in the world). It also goes without saying that there are a ton of petrochemical and aerospace companies in Houston.

As far as hospitals and colleges go, they are pretty much the same everywhere. Harvard and MIT may be more presitigious, but it doesn't really mean a damned thing in the real world.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

body88

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2006, 05:52:21 AM »
You could say the exact same things about Texas. There are probably more high-tech companies located in the Dallas area alone than there are in all of Massachusetts. Texas Instruments is headquartered in Dallas. Lockheed Martin has major R&D facilities in Grand Prairie and Ft. Worth. There are literally hundreds of telecom and semiconductor companies located in the northern suburbs of Dallas. Austin is also a huge city for semiconductor and other high-tech companies such as AMD and Dell. NASA's Johnson Space Center is located in Houston, as is the MD Anderson Cancer Center and the Texas Medical Center (the largest medical center in the world). It also goes without saying that there are a ton of petrochemical and aerospace companies in Houston.

As far as hospitals and colleges go, they are pretty much the same everywhere. Harvard and MIT may be more prestigious, but it doesn't really mean a damned thing in the real world.

There are not more high tech companies in Texas then Mass. Most the hospitals here are ranked some of the best in the entire world. This is the foremost cancer research center in the entire world and the college comments are way off. There are over 200 colleges in the immediate Boston area alone. You mentioned 2 of the most famous. To say a MIT or Harvard Degree means nothing in the real world is stupid.People who say that went to state schools.Or where denied from the schools mentioned. Hell I went to BU and when I gun for jobs the better degree is the tie breaker when all other factors are even. I have been passed over plenty of times for Harvard grads for jobs. You are correct that job performance judges where you get in life more then a degree. But the degree is what gets you the opportunity to show your skills. MIT is the pinnacle of technical education and research. I can fire off 5 schools that are within 5 min of one another that are better then every school in Texas. Harvard, MIT, Wellesley, Tufts and BC.That is five off about 250 choices. I am willing to bet you do not know much about Boston or the Boston area and are getting this info from hersay.

Btw, NASA and Texas Instruments are stocked with MIT grads. I actually know a few guys who work for them. I am not going to fight with you about it. Comparing Texas to MA is stupid. Just because you do not like the rankings of the list do not get mad about it. These lists have been going on for years and MA always finishes first. Nothing new.

No offense to the people who live in Texas. I know there are tons of smart well educated people out there! Do not forget alot of the extremely smart people who come here to go to college are from places like Texas, Florida and Michigan. There are massive amounts of people from all over the country and the world that come here and go to school. It is more than just Massachusetts residents that make this the smartest state. People from all over contribute.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2006, 07:50:55 AM »
The smartest people in the country live in places where the weather is good all year round, there are beautiful beaches, mountains, and people, the air is clean, and marriage is confined to one man and one woman.  I think that rules out Massachusetts.   ;D