Author Topic: pit bulls are sick  (Read 44531 times)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Re: pit bulls are sick
« Reply #225 on: December 16, 2006, 12:38:08 AM »
I don't know shit about dogs,other than they bark. But I have seen more males that were aggresive than females.Just like humans...IN GENERAL,men are more aggresive than women.

body88

« Reply #226 on: December 16, 2006, 07:39:02 AM »
I don't know shit about dogs,other than they bark. But I have seen more males that were aggresive than females.Just like humans...IN GENERAL,men are more aggresive than women.

This is true. Testosterone is a heeleva substance.

Forbidden

• Getbig III
  • Live well, laugh often, love much
« Reply #227 on: December 16, 2006, 10:14:10 PM »

I think I have already mentioned on here that I show and breed Staffordshire Bull Terriers and in my experience our males will normally fight about a toy, a piece of food, or a girl in season.  Our females will fight if the wind changes.  I guess that is common in humans as well.  But I do find that they all do the same amount of damage to each other in a fight!!  No pretty.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: December 17, 2006, 01:32:06 AM »
females will fight if the wind changes. 

What a bunch of bitches.

;D

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #229 on: December 17, 2006, 01:28:45 PM »
Good post. I agree that females are easier to train/handle. I find my AB is constantly testing me. For example he knows he is not supposed to go into the trash and pull things out. Remember my pup has been through alot of training. He is obedient and knows who the boss is. But, I still catch him testing me.

He recently was caught in the trash trying to steal the cardboard tube that papertowel comes wrapped on. I normally say "leave it" in a stern voice and when he drops the item I crate him for a few min to let him know he has been bad.

Well, this time he decided he would role onto his back and make a cute face at me. This one time I walked over, took the tube and did not crate him. Remember this is one time I did not crate him out of about a hundred times. I corrected him but did not punish him with separation from my girlfriend and I in his crate.

Now anytime I reprimand him he is on his back making cute faces. He found a weakness and is trying to exploit it. Ob it does not work and he is back to the drawing board. But, it is amazing how intelligent dominant breeds are. They will test you, Even if they are trained.

My guy is always testing me. Trying to run infront of me when we walk outside. Pushing me out of the way if he wants his bone. Things like that. Testing to see if I am still the alpha I know what he is doing so it is easy for me to correct the behavior. But, a person who is a novice dog owner does not understand a lot of the time what there pup is doing when he is testing them. That is how the dog becomes the alpha and starts to run you!

Carved you seem to be into doing research. You also seem to understand you will need a lot of time to socialize and train your pup. But, like American said. If you get a real, pure bred, game pit. Get ready to step your game up.

great post body, this is exactly the type of stuff i need to hear... very helpful

body88

« Reply #230 on: December 17, 2006, 01:36:40 PM »
great post body, this is exactly the type of stuff i need to hear... very helpful

No problem. How is the search going? I can tell you a bunch of tricks to make training your pup easier.

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #231 on: December 20, 2006, 10:48:26 AM »
No problem. How is the search going? I can tell you a bunch of tricks to make training your pup easier.

had a lead on a litter through a breeder in Del., waited for the arrival, turns out 7 pups....  all 7 females... which is why i asked about the dif... cause i had had my mind set on a male, ... i tossed the idea around for a while, but decided i wasnt in any rush and that ide rather get exactly what i want...

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #232 on: December 20, 2006, 11:32:47 AM »
Just to spice this thread up a little... ;)
?

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #233 on: December 20, 2006, 02:44:21 PM »
looks a little like body's bully... but obviously older and larger... awesome looking animal

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #234 on: December 21, 2006, 12:08:55 AM »
Nice hybrid.   ;D

Forbidden

• Getbig III
« Reply #235 on: December 21, 2006, 10:59:44 PM »
Just to spice this thread up a little... ;)

Sorry is this a pitbull?  or have I missed a post or two?

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #236 on: December 22, 2006, 02:20:12 AM »
Sorry is this a pitbull?  or have I missed a post or two?

Looks more like a Staff, but I'm not an expert on the subject.

Forbidden

• Getbig III
« Reply #237 on: December 22, 2006, 02:50:54 AM »

Yeah looks for like a SBT that is a little too heavy in the front and a bit too much bull, very cute all the same.  But I am a little confused.

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #238 on: December 22, 2006, 04:25:44 AM »
Nice hybrid.   ;D

It's an American Bulldog.... :-\ He's part athletic type and part bully type...as AB stated..an hybrid... ;)
?

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #239 on: December 22, 2006, 04:26:30 AM »

It shows... ;D
?

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #240 on: December 22, 2006, 04:56:10 AM »

body88

« Reply #241 on: December 22, 2006, 05:48:35 AM »
It's an American Bulldog.... :-\ He's part athletic type and part bully type...as AB stated..an hybrid... ;)

Yep, hybrid type American bull.....

Forbidden

• Getbig III
« Reply #242 on: December 22, 2006, 07:50:16 AM »

Yep, hybrid type American bull.....

Oh ok, I can see that now.  Just havent seen one thats all.  He is so cute is he a really naughty boy (whoever owns him) cos in those photos he looks naughty!!!

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #243 on: December 22, 2006, 12:37:10 PM »
Oh ok, I can see that now.  Just havent seen one thats all.  He is so cute is he a really naughty boy (whoever owns him) cos in those photos he looks naughty!!!

Hybrids are 5/8's Johnson, 3/8's Scott.  They tend to have the characteristics of both breeds, shorter muzzles, heavy muscle and bone, decent movement, good hips, high drives.  Body88s hybrid is a great example. 

body88

« Reply #244 on: December 22, 2006, 12:54:27 PM »
Hybrids are 5/8's Johnson, 3/8's Scott.  They tend to have the characteristics of both breeds, shorter muzzles, heavy muscle and bone, decent movement, good hips, high drives.  Body88s hybrid is a great example. 

Thanks..... Here he is at 11 months.

Forbidden

• Getbig III
« Reply #245 on: December 22, 2006, 10:33:54 PM »

Thanks..... Here he is at 11 months.

He is lovely!!

body88

« Reply #246 on: December 23, 2006, 08:41:36 AM »
Thanks!!!!!  Rudolph the black nosed bull dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: December 23, 2006, 04:39:47 PM »
Thanks!!!!!  Rudolph the black nosed bull dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you do that...or your girl?  He should hike his leg at your couch for making him wear those silly ears/antlers. ;)

body88

« Reply #248 on: December 23, 2006, 05:01:08 PM »
lol..... My girl took it for a christmas card. He only had to wear them for a second!!!!

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #249 on: December 23, 2006, 05:05:29 PM »
  This picture makes me laugh......