Author Topic: pit bulls are sick  (Read 44663 times)

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
Re: pit bulls are sick
« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2006, 06:25:12 AM »
Here are some samle pictures of the english mastiff...
?

body88

« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2006, 06:57:59 AM »
Thoase pups are huge. Look like awesome dog's. Like a horse lol.Check out the American Mastiff. Same idea, minus the drooling. Both are gigantic.

body88

« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2006, 07:00:05 AM »
He must be talking about the English Mastiff Body88....those dogs grow to be very big even bigger then my biggest Mastino... :o
The next dog i will buy will be a English Mastiff...

Yes I think you are correct. The English mastiff is a fine dog. How is your pup? Did you see in my pat's thread the American and British flags being flown together ? I took that pic for you to see!

Also, 50 percent of the tourists who visit Boston are from the UK.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2006, 10:30:10 AM »
The head vet where my girlfriend works brings her mastiff to work every day and that thing is about the same size, i think i brought it on the scale one time and it was 244 or 247 lbs.  Ridiculously strong, yet calm and collected dog.  i played tug of war with it and him and it might have been the best lat workout i've ever had.

body88

« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2006, 10:40:46 AM »
My puppy is 81 lbs and takes monster dumps twice per day. I can only imagine cleaning up after a 250 lb English mastiff :o

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2006, 11:36:23 AM »
My puppy is 81 lbs and takes monster dumps twice per day. I can only imagine cleaning up after a 250 lb English mastiff :o

How much dog food he go through per week?

body88

« Reply #131 on: December 04, 2006, 11:57:17 AM »

How much dog food he go through per week?

3 cups in the am. 3 cups at night. He goes through a large bag every 5 or six weeks. He is lean and growing right now. I can just see the slightest hint of his ribs when he walks. Which is about the perfect condition. He has a good deal of muscle at this point. I think he will gain another 10 - 15. He will grow until he is 3 years old.

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #132 on: December 04, 2006, 11:58:26 AM »

Yes I think you are correct. The English mastiff is a fine dog. How is your pup? Did you see in my pat's thread the American and British flags being flown together ? I took that pic for you to see!

Also, 50 percent of the tourists who visit Boston are from the UK.

My dog is doing fine .. she's cruising through life without any troubles so i'm happy!

Give me a link on the thread you are talking about and i'll will check it out .. ;)
?

body88

« Reply #133 on: December 04, 2006, 12:11:38 PM »
My dog is doing fine .. she's cruising through life without any troubles so i'm happy!

Give me a link on the thread you are talking about and i'll will check it out .. ;)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=110345.0

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2006, 12:14:50 PM »

Pup was animal aggressive. Lack of socialization will cause that. A dog can mistake a small running child for a small animal.Then you have big problems. Socialization is very important (especially for extremely large dogs with a strong prey drive) If you own a dog like that and do not properly socialize and train him it makes it harder for the responsible owners out there. Glad she gave him away and he is doing well guarding. No offense.

Btw ,what type of Mastiff was it? 245 lbs ridiculously big even for a mastiff.

Mastiffs have incredible bite strength, they are physically strong as well.  They don't have the agility, endurance and drive of an AB, which is why I got an AB years ago instead of an English Mastiff.  Not to mention the breeder I was talking to in Temecula's male was 255, the bitch 220.  I didn't want to have to feed a 220 lb monster, nor pick up it's poop.  With the proliferation of APBTs in Hawaii, I wanted a dog that could handle an aggressive APBT (who used to beat the snot out of my Lab), and guard the house.  So AB it was. 

body88

« Reply #135 on: December 04, 2006, 12:18:29 PM »
Mastiffs have incredible bite strength, they are physically strong as well.  They don't have the agility, endurance and drive of an AB, which is why I got an AB years ago instead of an English Mastiff.  Not to mention the breeder I was talking to in Temecula's male was 255, the bitch 220.  I didn't want to have to feed a 220 lb monster, nor pick up it's poop.  With the proliferation of APBTs in Hawaii, I wanted a dog that could handle an aggressive APBT (who used to beat the snot out of my Lab), and guard the house.  So AB it was. 

I assumed Only was referring to a bullmastiff. English mastiffs are pretty rare in the us. I have seen one in my entire life. Have you ever seen a dogo? Those are nice pups also.

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #136 on: December 04, 2006, 12:44:23 PM »
I assumed Only was referring to a bullmastiff. English mastiffs are pretty rare in the us. I have seen one in my entire life. Have you ever seen a dogo? Those are nice pups also.

No way a bullmastiff can weigh that much Body88... :o
Maybe he was talking about an American Mastiff? They look alot like the English Mastiff...

ps: i will check that link out  thanks... ;)
?

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2006, 12:47:45 PM »
Thanks for the link man but you got me all confused now... :-\
Why am i watching pictures of two flags again?... ???
?

body88

« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2006, 01:02:50 PM »
No way a bullmastiff can weigh that much Body88... :o
Maybe he was talking about an American Mastiff? They look alot like the English Mastiff...

ps: i will check that link out  thanks... ;)

Only just said mastiff and did not specify which type. So I assumed the most common one. Def was an American or English. Those suckers get huge.

body88

« Reply #139 on: December 04, 2006, 01:04:23 PM »
Thanks for the link man but you got me all confused now... :-\
Why am i watching pictures of two flags again?... ???

You are from England correct?

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2006, 01:05:46 PM »

You are from England correct?

Hahaaaaa no man i'm from The Netherlands .... ;D
?

body88

« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2006, 01:09:36 PM »
Hahaaaaa no man i'm from The Netherlands .... ;D

Lo, I assumed you where from the UK due to your handle. Whoops?

Euro-monster

• Getbig V
  • Team Dutchie style!!
« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2006, 01:13:13 PM »

Lo, I assumed you where from the UK due to your handle. Whoops?

England lies in Europe these days?
No worrys .. ;)
?

body88

« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2006, 01:17:02 PM »
England lies in Europe these days?
No worrys .. ;)

No, but we call Brits euros over here. I forget not everyone uses the same slang. Brain fart, my bad!

KTMckay

« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2006, 02:18:58 PM »
big pit :D

body88

« Reply #145 on: December 04, 2006, 02:39:16 PM »
That has american bulldog in it. You can tell by the chest and hindquarters. Big boy none the less. A full grown pit should be 70 lbs at the absolute largest imo.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #146 on: December 04, 2006, 02:54:49 PM »
That has american bulldog in it. You can tell by the chesy and hindquarters. Big boy none the less. A full grown pit should be 70 lbs at the absolute largest.

Not according to the UKC judge i talked to.  He said he will look at pits up to 85 pounds and consider them to meet "current" breed standards.  that said, yes, the above dog does have some american bully in him, probably "alpahala blue blood" bull dog blood.  I've found thru research that these dogs are very commonly mixed with pits to create a large, large dog.

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #147 on: December 04, 2006, 02:59:23 PM »
That has american bulldog in it. You can tell by the chesy and hindquarters. Big boy none the less. A full grown pit should be 70 lbs at the absolute largest.

exactly what i want... however im finding that its super tough to find respectable breeders that will almost guarentee 70lbs and under...  especially in the NY area... every kennel has MONSTER, MOBSTER, or CRUSHER in front of "pit bull"...

these are two breeders that seem to have the look and size i think im looking for that are also within drivin distance of me
http://www.uberkennels.com/males.htm

http://bosdogkennels.com/dog/coast-east-kennel-pitbull.html

body, i know you had said it would be best to look over the pup b4 purchase, but many kennels say theyll provide pictures, and updates of the pups... whats ur opinion on that?... and how do pups usually respond to being shipped?

and yes i know what uber means

body88

« Reply #148 on: December 04, 2006, 03:08:24 PM »
Not according to the UKC judge i talked to.  He said he will look at pits up to 85 pounds and consider them to meet "current" breed standards.  that said, yes, the above dog does have some american bully in him, probably "alpahala blue blood" bull dog blood.  I've found thru research that these dogs are very commonly mixed with pits to create a large, large dog.

A pitbull in true form should be between 35 and 70 lbs.  They may now be recognized to be shown at a higher weight but fighters would never use a dog that large. Which is good, we need more 70 plus pound pits so fighters do not want them!

Little out of touch with the showing of pits. I still was under the impression pits where not recognized to be shown in shows. I thought it was only staffy's still!

body88

« Reply #149 on: December 04, 2006, 03:12:33 PM »
exactly what i want... however im finding that its super tough to find respectable breeders that will almost guarentee 70lbs and under...  especially in the NY area... every kennel has MONSTER, MOBSTER, or CRUSHER in front of "pit bull"...

these are two breeders that seem to have the look and size i think im looking for that are also within drivin distance of me
http://www.uberkennels.com/males.htm

http://bosdogkennels.com/dog/coast-east-kennel-pitbull.html

body, i know you had said it would be best to look over the pup b4 purchase, but many kennels say theyll provide pictures, and updates of the pups... whats ur opinion on that?... and how do pups usually respond to being shipped?

and yes i know what uber means

You might want to look at a standard /Scott American bulldog. If you stick with the pit just research and talk to breeders.

My opinion on buying a puppy is, if you can look the pup over in person that is the best bet. Make your pick in person if possible. If that is not an option just research a lot and buy from a reputable breeder with hip and health guarantees.Both those pits look good. I have no idea about the breeders.

Take a look at this scott/hines strain American bull. A pure Scott looks has a bit longer nose. They look like big pits.