Author Topic: hecklers are the norm in comic world  (Read 2363 times)

Eric2

• Getbig IV
hecklers are the norm in comic world
« on: November 28, 2006, 08:51:09 PM »
http://www.break.com/index/bill_hicks_unloads_on_heckler.html

Found this on break.com kramer was overboard for sure. this guy lost it too.
h

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
Re: hecklers are the norm in comic world
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 09:03:18 PM »
bill hicks is hilarious one of the most underrated comedians ever

Tredders

• Getbig III
  • Surrounded By Fatties
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 09:08:59 PM »
thanks mango
$450 Jeans

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 09:09:40 PM »
Not surprisingly to anyone that reads my posts, I used to be a professional heckler at comedy clubs in New York City. I never talked or interrupted their routines, but I would make noises that indicated what I thought of their jokes. Robert Kelly from Dane Cook's Tourgasm used to take a beating from me since his bits were very hit or miss. One time, after bombing with a couple of lame jokes, my friend and I started making fart sounds. The fart sounds were getting more laughs than his jokes and he caught on quick. He stopped telling jokes and just stood on stage making fart sounds for the next 3 minutes. That had us and the entire audience cracking up.

I've also been the victim of a heckler. One time I was doing standup at the Boston Comedy Club and I was doing a Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinksy bit. I rhetorically asked, "Who does Monica Lewinsky remind you of?" and before I could finish the joke, some clown yelled out "YOU!" It totally threw me off my game and demoralized my entire routine. If I were a professional I would have yelled some racial insults or questioned his sexuality, but being a dopey amateur I just threw the mike down on the stage and walked off.

Special "Heckle and Jekyll" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 10:08:58 PM »
I'm disappointed in you Ed

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 10:28:06 PM »
Not surprisingly to anyone that reads my posts, I used to be a professional heckler at comedy clubs in New York City. I never talked or interrupted their routines, but I would make noises that indicated what I thought of their jokes. Robert Kelly from Dane Cook's Tourgasm used to take a beating from me since his bits were very hit or miss. One time, after bombing with a couple of lame jokes, my friend and I started making fart sounds. The fart sounds were getting more laughs than his jokes and he caught on quick. He stopped telling jokes and just stood on stage making fart sounds for the next 3 minutes. That had us and the entire audience cracking up.

I've also been the victim of a heckler. One time I was doing standup at the Boston Comedy Club and I was doing a Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinksy bit. I rhetorically asked, "Who does Monica Lewinsky remind you of?" and before I could finish the joke, some clown yelled out "YOU!" It totally threw me off my game and demoralized my entire routine. If I were a professional I would have yelled some racial insults or questioned his sexuality, but being a dopey amateur I just threw the mike down on the stage and walked off.

Special "Heckle and Jekyll" Ed

Fifty years ago we would have you hung upside down with a fork up your ass for that comment.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 07:10:45 AM »
heckling is fine to a point but like you said speacial ed it shouldn't totally mess up someones routine. i believe however if you heckle then you get what you get when the guy starts back on you. there are no rules and you should expect to feel insulted in my opinion.
irongearco.com

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 07:14:07 AM »

Fifty years ago we would have you hung upside down with a fork up your ass for that comment.

Forget fifty years ago...   lets just do it today
Ron: "I am lazy."

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 07:32:23 AM »
Forget fifty years ago...   lets just do it today

Well, at least you don't question your own homosexuality.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 07:43:42 AM »
I absolutely agree that if you interrupt a professional comic's routine by heckling or attempting to draw attention to yourself, you are 100% FAIR GAME and would have to be a total pussy to then whine about the comic going "over the line" when in fact the heckler is the one that "crossed the line" in the first place.

It would be like a guy pulling a knife on you and then complaining when you pull out a gun. "Hey man, RELAX!! I was just gonna stab you a few times, maybe scar you for life or get lucky and hit a major artery, but DAYUM, I wasn't gonna blow your brains out or nothin!!"

Special "Indy" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 08:29:33 AM »
ed, i have to question your logic that making comments is heckling but making sounds is fair game. honestly i think making fart sounds is more obnoxious than comments because at least it takes a little wit to come up with a good heckle line and not end up embarrassed.

case in point, i've seen ron white a few times in big-ish venues. he was doing his routine about how he stopped smoking, and then pulled out a cigar. after struggling to bite the end off for a few seconds some wise-ass in the front row yelled out "need a clip, buddy?" ron stops and goes, "yeah, you got one?" a pause, the guy says he doesn't. ron laughs and goes "well that was pretty fuckin pointless then, wasn't it?" big laugh and the guy was quiet the rest of the performance.

also a good example of how a classier comedian deals with a heckler.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 10:21:23 AM »
Yes, magoo, thats a perfect example!

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2006, 10:41:09 AM »
What do you do when someone calls you a "fucking Blowjob" though?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRxnwgX5JjU

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2006, 10:57:34 AM »
has there been any footage released of the minutes leading up to his meltdown?  I just wonder exactly what happened...is there more here than meets the eye?
nasser=piece of shit

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2006, 11:07:59 AM »
http://www.break.com/index/bill_hicks_unloads_on_heckler.html

Found this on break.com kramer was overboard for sure. this guy lost it too.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!  Bill Hicks is awesome!

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2006, 03:58:33 PM »
the black guy said he wasn't funny anymore. not like he was in seinfeld ect. and kept interrupting his routine. after they argued the black guy called hime a cracker., honkey and white boy several times.
irongearco.com

Patricku9

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 05:37:28 PM »
if blacks want to call whites a name that hurts,try "taxpayer". reminds us that we are carrying the load.

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2006, 09:24:56 AM »
if blacks want to call whites a name that hurts,try "taxpayer". reminds us that we are carrying the load.

No doubt, the 'groids in that audience probably never held a job for more than 4-5 hours anyway.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2006, 09:30:40 AM »
the black guy said he wasn't funny anymore. not like he was in seinfeld ect. and kept interrupting his routine. after they argued the black guy called hime a cracker., honkey and white boy several times.

If this is true, I wonder why those derogatory, racist comments weren't harped on more heavily by the media?