Author Topic: Rowdy Roddy Pipper has cancer  (Read 734 times)

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
Rowdy Roddy Pipper has cancer
« on: November 29, 2006, 10:30:00 AM »
Sad news.  Hope he wins the most important real fight of his life.

Roddy Piper diagnosed with cancer
November 27, 2006

WWE Hall of Famer “Rowdy” Roddy Piper has been diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Also known as Hodgkin’s disease, Hodgkin’s lymphoma is a form of cancer found in the body’s lymphatic tissue. The lymphatic system helps filter out bacteria and is important in fighting diseases.

Piper was sent home early from WWE’s early-November tour of the United Kingdom and hospitalized for surgery, where doctors removed a mass at the spinal cord with an enlarged lymph node. The mass was completely removed, but the lymph node was positive for Hodgkin’s lymphoma.

Radiation therapy is used to treat Hodgkin’s lymphoma; it is an extremely successful procedure, so the prognosis is very good for Piper.

6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
Re: Rowdy Roddy Pipper has cancer
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 10:51:17 AM »
always enjoyed watching him. a few years back i ran into him in an airport in Utah of all places. he looked dead ass tired, he said he had been traveling for non-stop for TEN WEEKS! but he was more than gracious and polite. he talked with me for at least a half and hour, he was really personable. our conversation went as far as elite pro-wrestlers income. and he said his childrens children will be able to live comfortably, but he doesnt know if it was worth it due to all the years he missed out on with his family. this was about five years ago. i hope he gets through this.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 05:30:42 PM »
The guy is awesome. The recent appearances he made on WWE Raw were cool.

Hope he wins his bout with cancer.

Purge_WTF

Roddy Piper diagnosed with cancer.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 06:47:42 PM »
WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper announced via his official website that he's been diagnosed with lymphoma cancer and will begin treatment to battle the disease immediately.

The cancer was found after Piper was hospitalized for the removal of a benign tumor in his back that had been causing Piper tremendous pain. As we noted earlier today, there had been great relief when the tumor was ruled benign, but additional tests found the lymphoma.

Piper, on his official website, commented, "It seems like I have been fighting someone, something, someplace, in some manner, my whole life. But this fight, is one I am gonna win!"

Piper, considered to be one of the top heels of the 1980s and one of the all time greatest talkers in the history of the business, had a DVD devoted to his life and career released earlier this month by World Wrestling Entertainment titled, "Born to Controversy."

Although he recently had a short WWE Tag Team championship run with Ric Flair, Piper had been more focused on his acting career of late, booking several independent films and a Trvial Pursuit board game commercial while developing a one man show that would look at the more comical aspects of his career.

Met him at a convention a few years back, and he couldn't stop smiling and shaking hands with fans. I'll pray for him.

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 06:48:12 PM »
Get well soon Rowdy

RIP Bob Probert