Author Topic: More baseball roid rage  (Read 3415 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
More baseball roid rage
« on: November 29, 2006, 11:06:52 PM »

tomr1976

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Re: More baseball roid rage
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 11:09:52 PM »
I do agree that Pujols deserved the MVP this year, especially considering that he sat out several weeks because of the groin injury.  At the rate he was hitting homers at the start of the season, he was on pace to break Bonds' so-called record of 73.  Pujols, I think, is baseball's greatest living hitter.  In his first five seasons he already has a lifetime average that puts him among the top ten, maybe five, hitters of all time.

body88

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 07:14:20 AM »
Most people outside of St Louis and Detroit did not give a shit that the cardinals won the World series. None cares that he is crying about getting beat by Howard. Howard deserved to win it. Lose with dignity for Christs sakes.Albert is letting himself turn into a porker! Should worry about himself 8)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 07:19:31 AM »
Most people outside of St Louis and Detroit did not give a shit that the cardinals won the World series. None cares that he is crying about getting beat by Howard. Howard deserved to win it. Lose with dignity for Christs sakes.Albert is letting himself turn into a porker! Should worry about himself 8)
you must be an anorexic metrosexual if you think Albert is a "porker".

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 07:21:47 AM »

Exactly. Does he think crying to the public is going to help his cause or make him appear sympathetic?

Howard had an absolute MONSTER season, he's clearly the most valuable player to the Phillies, was Pujols more valuable to the Cardinals than Howard was to the Phillies? I don't think so.

Howard is a younger version of David Ortiz. If he stays healthy he has the chance to be one of the all time great power hitters.

body88

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 07:26:12 AM »
you must be an anorexic metrosexual if you think Albert is a "porker".

You do not think Albert has let himself go on the last few years? The comment sounds gay but it is true.

I am currently 13  percent bf so I am not "anorexic".

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 07:28:08 AM »

You do not think Albert has let himself go on the last few years? The comment sounds gay but it is true.
he was a little skinny when he came up and looks normal now, like i said, it seems like the rage now is for "men" to be built like women supermodels, you must be one of those guys.

body88

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 07:29:04 AM »
Whatever you say.

LAMA-PAI

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Censored! BY RON AND THE GETBIG CABAL !
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 07:49:50 AM »
they where both deserving of the award !
CENSORED BY RON !

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 08:24:58 AM »
while both guys were deserving of the award, pujols missed games you can't help your team on the dl, advantage howard. the phillies traded bobby abreu one of their top players at one point the younger players took over the clubhouse jimmy rollins chase utely, and howard result all of the sudden they were back in the playoff hunt.
F

OneBigMan

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 08:33:02 AM »
Jose Cansico had zero legitimacy writing that 2005fiction book when he was using all those anabolic substances with his teammates during and also at the end of his career when he played for the Yankees. Macho Canseco is a example of why celebrities like to turn into informants in order to expose their friends turned enemies in their profession.

Wayne Demelia was so correct when he gave a interview where Wayne talked about why bodybuilding should have never been singled out as the sport of steroids. We all knew that the juiced bodies were also the ones wearing different Major League uniforms. That was much more than the supplement stories circulated by those media watchers who jumped on the anti-creatine hype/propaganda act when andro became a issue in the late 90's time because of who broke what home run record once or twice.

That controversial clinton time when all the condemnation of creatine was increasing still bothers me >:(

Jujoshu

• Getbig III
  • Front Row Tickets
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 11:50:33 AM »
Albert is actually a good size now for what he does. I know the guy that trains him in the off season and trust me he works very hard. They want him to carry some extra bulk to drive the ball-especially considering he's never going to be a speedster anyway. IMO he should have won the MVP again. He's a better hitter than Howard and his team won the World Series. Albert paid his dues finishing second to Bonds in the MVP race all those years when Albert was putting up better numbers. No doubt the best hitter in the game and unless he has a career ending type of injury should eventually go down as one of the top 10 best hitters of all time.  :o How can you be the league's most valuable player when your team doesn't even get to the playoffs?

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 12:26:00 PM »

This is all GREAT news!

Hopefully the media will KEEP on shining negative light on steroids and keep on giving steroids a 'bad name'.

Hopefully...the media will pain the picture of steroids being EVIL drugs responsible for all amazing sports endevors known to man. I hope it never ends...

Those of you here on the same page as me...know why.

Cha-ching!
?

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 01:07:36 PM »
Exactly. Does he think crying to the public is going to help his cause or make him appear sympathetic?

Latin players tend to whine alot. Thats the way it is.
The House that Ruth built

Jujoshu

• Getbig III
  • Front Row Tickets
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 02:18:37 PM »
Code: [Select]
Gross generalization.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 02:20:48 PM »

Not nearly as much as negroe ball players.
?

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 03:52:33 PM »
Code: [Select]
Gross generalization.

Yes it is. But its true.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 03:53:49 PM »
Not nearly as much as negroe ball players.

There are very few black guys playing major league baseball these days.

Jujoshu

• Getbig III
  • Front Row Tickets
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 03:55:32 PM »
Well, I didn't see Albert whining at all during the playoffs when he
played with a pulled hamstring. I guess he was whining all the way
to that Championship trophy. Sucks to be him.

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2006, 03:56:29 PM »
A bit off topic, but a baseball topic...I see McGuire is up for baseball HOF this year.  I don't think he'll get in, but I wouldn't mind seeing him get in.  I think he and Sammy Sosa saved baseball a bit and brought back excitement to the game when they were racing for the homerun title (in 98??).  People loved to watch that sh*t.  After they find out they may have been on juice, then they want no part of it?? ???
What do you think?  Would you vote him in?

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2006, 03:57:09 PM »
IMO he should have won the MVP again. He's a better hitter than Howard and his team won the World Series.

World Series don't mean shit as far as winning an MVP. The MVP voting is done the day after the regular season ends.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2006, 03:59:01 PM »
A bit off topic, but a baseball topic...I see McGuire is up for baseball HOF this year.  I don't think he'll get in, but I wouldn't mind seeing him get in.  I think he and Sammy Sosa saved baseball a bit and brought back excitement to the game when they were racing for the homerun title (in 98??).  People loved to watch that sh*t.  After they find out they may have been on juice, then they want no part of it?? ???
What do you think?  Would you vote him in?

I said it before on Getbig, none of the steroid guys get in first ballot. Not big Mac, not Sosa. I don't thing that moron Palmiero will ever get in.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2006, 04:00:55 PM »
I said it before on Getbig, none of the steroid guys get in first ballot. Not big Mac, not Sosa. I don't thing that moron Palmiero will ever get in.
Palmiero has freaky numbers, 500 homeruns, 3000 hits, but the lying and the steroid bullshit will haunt him.

Jujoshu

• Getbig III
  • Front Row Tickets
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2006, 04:01:34 PM »
Okay, so by your logic a guy that doesn't make the playoffs is more
valuable to his losing team than a guy that is the best player on a team
that wins a World Championship? Even though the voting was done before
the World Series there isn't a person who knows baseball that would say
Ryan Howard was more valuable to his Phillies than Pujols was to his Cardinals.  ::)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2006, 06:13:01 AM »
Okay, so by your logic a guy that doesn't make the playoffs is more
valuable to his losing team than a guy that is the best player on a team
that wins a World Championship? Even though the voting was done before
the World Series there isn't a person who knows baseball that would say
Ryan Howard was more valuable to his Phillies than Pujols was to his Cardinals.  ::)

NO! You said the Pujols team won the World Series so that should be taken into account in the MVP voting. My reply was the World Series doesn't mean jack shit in the MVP voting because the MVP voting is done way before the World Series even STARTS.