Author Topic: Lee Priest vs Dave Palumbo - Love is in the air!  (Read 30574 times)

Jill at MD

• Getbig II
Re: Lee Priest vs Dave Palumbo - Love is in the air!
« Reply #125 on: December 05, 2006, 10:42:51 AM »
In terms of the column that was dropped, it was inflammatory and full of a bunch of lies, half-truths and diatribes against people in the industry- not worthy of the MD "no bull" pledge.
NOW THat is crap i have always said the truth..HAVE RON COME ON HERE AND POINT OUT THE PARTS WHICH I SAID THAT WERE FALSE PLEASE SHOW US ALL THE LIES WHICH I SAID IT WAS NO DIFFERENT TO ANY OF MY OTHER COLOUMS NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN IT IS FULL OF LIES YEAH OK...NICE TRY  .OH AND THE MUSCLEMAG PREMATURE DON'T THINK SO ONCE AGAIN YOU JILL MS DILL SHOWS WHAT LITTLE YOU KNOW.

Yeah, you're probably right on some scores, I don't know alot about alot of things, but one thing I do know is that I'm not going to go over word for word what you said in your columns and the stuff we had to edit out because it was vitriolic.  If we didn't publish it in MD, I'm not going to list it here. You seem to be very angry. It must be hard jumping from board to board having to defend yourself.  Like Bronx said, "Can't we all just get along"?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #126 on: December 05, 2006, 11:15:24 AM »
Yeah, you're probably right on some scores, I don't know alot about alot of things, but one thing I do know is that I'm not going to go over word for word what you said in your columns and the stuff we had to edit out because it was vitriolic.  If we didn't publish it in MD, I'm not going to list it here. You seem to be very angry. It must be hard jumping from board to board having to defend yourself.  Like Bronx said, "Can't we all just get along

I personally dont give a rats ass about MD or Lees future but give me a break are you kidding? Lee's commentary had half truths, bashed people in the industry and was vitriolic? Have you read your own magazine? With Valentinos column, Romanos column, Murderers like Craig Titus bashing everyone in sight when he was with your mag, along with when MD had that rocket scientist Paul Dilet, Dave Palumbo who just got out of prison, Victor Martinez who was incarcerated recently, Chris Cormiers column which pretty much says he should have won every contest he ever entered every month... DO I NEED TO CONTINUE? Say what you will about Flex but MD is as unprofessional and even more of a laughing stock when it comes to creditbility or journalistic integrity. Lastly not including anything about dropping Priest is a huge mistake. You think by ignoring this situation it somehow makes your magazine look like its taking the high road? lolol Jill get your head out of your ass, your obviously blind. MD should jump at whatever publicity this saga brings to your monthly book of 5000 pages of adds, valentino taking a shit and columns advising teenagers on what steroids to take. MD showed its true colors when the publisher had to basically bow down when Peter McGough wrote that scathing editorial a few months back and the magazine got bitch slapped before the Olympia and was denied press coverage. Dont pretend Lee is the one who is unprofessional and not "telling the truth" as you so mindlessly put it.  Lastly, Lee isnt the one defending himself here. He is merely responding to what people on this board are saying about this whole situation. He doesnt seem angry at all nor does he seem to give a shit as Bob Chic mentioned before. 

leycus 101

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #127 on: December 05, 2006, 11:22:00 AM »
Yeah, you're probably right on some scores, I don't know alot about alot of things, but one thing I do know is that I'm not going to go over word for word what you said in your columns and the stuff we had to edit out because it was vitriolic.  If we didn't publish it in MD, I'm not going to list it here. You seem to be very angry. It must be hard jumping from board to board having to defend yourself.  Like Bronx said, "Can't we all just get along

I personally dont give a rats ass about MD or Lees future but give me a break are you kidding? Lee's commentary had half truths, bashed people in the industry and was vitriolic? Have you read your own magazine? With Valentinos column, Romanos column, Murderers like Craig Titus bashing everyone in sight when he was with your mag, along with when MD had that rocket scientist Paul Dilet, Dave Palumbo who just got out of prison, Victor Martinez who was incarcerated recently, Chris Cormiers column which pretty much says he should have won every contest he ever entered every month... DO I NEED TO CONTINUE? Say what you will about Flex but MD is as unprofessional and even more of a laughing stock when it comes to creditbility or journalistic integrity. Lastly not including anything about dropping Priest is a huge mistake. You think by ignoring this situation it somehow makes your magazine look like its taking the high road? lolol Jill get your head out of your ass, your obviously blind. MD should jump at whatever publicity this saga brings to your monthly book of 5000 pages of adds, valentino taking a shit and columns advising teenagers on what steroids to take. MD showed its true colors when the publisher had to basically bow down when Peter McGough wrote that scathing editorial a few months back and the magazine got bitch slapped before the Olympia and was denied press coverage. Dont pretend Lee is the one who is unprofessional and not "telling the truth" as you so mindlessly put it.  Lastly, Lee isnt the one defending himself here. He is merely responding to what people on this board are saying about this whole situation. He doesnt seem angry at all nor does he seem to give a shit as Bob Chic mentioned before. 

daaaaaaaaaam ... now aint that some shit
pump'em dump'em

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #128 on: December 05, 2006, 12:55:53 PM »

wow.... boom
are you delusional?

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2006, 02:09:05 PM »
Yeah, you're probably right on some scores, I don't know alot about alot of things, but one thing I do know is that I'm not going to go over word for word what you said in your columns and the stuff we had to edit out because it was vitriolic.  If we didn't publish it in MD, I'm not going to list it here. You seem to be very angry. It must be hard jumping from board to board having to defend yourself.  Like Bronx said, "Can't we all just get along"?

ME ANGRY FAR FROM ITI AM VERY HAPPY..AND I AM NOT DEFENDING MYSELF WHY I KNOW THE TRUTH TO BAD YOU GUYS CAN'T TELL IT...PLEASE ONCE AGAIN JILL SHOW ME THE LIES I SPOKE OF IN MD...OH THAT'S RIGHT YOU CAN'T ...OK RON COME TELL ME WHAT I SAID THAT WASN'T RIGHT IF THAT WAS THE CASE RON WOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING DURING THE INTERVIEW .....YOUR GO JILL :)

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #130 on: December 05, 2006, 02:11:59 PM »

COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF....AND FOR THE RECORD I HAVE NEVER LIED IN MY COLOUM...THAT'S WHY STUFF WAS REMOVED....JUST LIKE RON GETS ASKED AND PHONE CALLS TO REMOVE STUFF ABOUT THE IFBB OR MEMBERS OF IT FROM THIS BOARD...

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #131 on: December 05, 2006, 03:48:22 PM »

Wooooshhhhhhhhhh

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2006, 04:17:05 PM »
Lee priest is the shit, the only reason i suscribe to MD.
-

swolllen

• Getbig II
« Reply #133 on: December 05, 2006, 04:53:05 PM »
none of us fans ever said lee was mad about this whole situation....its just that we as fans are saying that He is a BIG reason we all(use to) love to read md...and its a shame that they treated him like that and got rid of him.....

John Romano

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #134 on: December 05, 2006, 05:00:37 PM »
In terms of the column that was dropped, it was inflammatory and full of a bunch of lies, half-truths and diatribes against people in the industry- not worthy of the MD "no bull" pledge.
NOW THat is crap i have always said the truth..HAVE RON COME ON HERE AND POINT OUT THE PARTS WHICH I SAID THAT WERE FALSE PLEASE SHOW US ALL THE LIES WHICH I SAID IT WAS NO DIFFERENT TO ANY OF MY OTHER COLOUMS NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN IT IS FULL OF LIES YEAH OK...NICE TRY  .OH AND THE MUSCLEMAG PREMATURE DON'T THINK SO ONCE AGAIN YOU JILL MS DILL SHOWS WHAT LITTLE YOU KNOW.

It’s not that complicated, guys. Lee’s column was changed not to censure him, but to save his ass!  We were at the press deadline for that issue and Lee was waiting to see what the IFBB’s offer was going to be to let him back in.  If he had decided to go back to the IFBB that issue would have come out three months later with Lee bashing the IFBB and promoting PDI.  So, to play it safe, we held that column and printed a prior interview with Lee, with nothing censured.  You’ll see that his column this month is not censured.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2006, 05:04:01 PM »
Forget it, John...they can't comprehend.

Mr. Michael Moore

• Getbig IV
  • A pretty good weight, for a small woman !
« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2006, 06:36:41 PM »

Here we go !!! :D
Train forever !

John Romano

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #137 on: December 05, 2006, 07:07:07 PM »

Damn, bro, it's like they want the worst to be the case.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: December 05, 2006, 07:10:17 PM »
....keeps them interested. Lets face it, their own lives just aren't that exciting.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2006, 07:22:07 PM »

It’s not that complicated, guys. Lee’s column was changed not to censure him, but to save his ass!  We were at the press deadline for that issue and Lee was waiting to see what the IFBB’s offer was going to be to let him back in.  If he had decided to go back to the IFBB that issue would have come out three months later with Lee bashing the IFBB and promoting PDI.  So, to play it safe, we held that column and printed a prior interview with Lee, with nothing censured.  You’ll see that his column this month is not censured.

WE HELD SINCE WHEN DOES HOLDING COLUMS COME UNDER YOUR DURISTICTION :) AND EVEN IF I WAS BACK WITH THE IFBB I HAVE ALWAYS POINTED OUT WHAT WAS WRONG IN IT SO WHY CUT IT OUT...I HAVE ALWAYS SAID WHAT I THINK ABOUT THEM BEFORE..BIG DEAL...WHEN WILL THIS END OK NO MORE....END OF STORY LEE HAPPY MOVED ON ...MUSCLEMAG..GOOD CHOICE ....BLAH BLAH BLAH  :P

akers1021

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • "Big arms and delts dont make you a bodybuilder"
« Reply #140 on: December 05, 2006, 07:28:33 PM »
....keeps them interested. Lets face it, their own lives just aren't that exciting.

Ok I don't normally chime in on threads like this as I don't really care about the IFBB and its promotion of drug use....

Bob that quote is insulting, some of us make more per year than you do.....as well as have what you( an other good IFBB PROS DO) do a pretty wife, kids and security.  

Don't for 1 second think EVERYBODY on this board is naive and stupid.

every sport has to have an outcast, Lee is the outcast he gets stomped on by the IFBB for choosing to go down a road and trying something new.  It is very obvious that the IFBB knows this hurts them, him not competing, otherwise they would not being making such a fuss about the whole thing.   Some fans come to these shows to see people like Lee compete, thats why you guys want him in the IFBB.....

I am very happy he speaks his mind and is not one of these, "I BB for GOD people", while I pump drugs in my body for self glorification and Vanity....going against everything the bible states   ::)

These people are the ones that make me sick.....  I love people like Lee he does hide behind ANYTHING and you can tell he is not a FAKE like some of the IFBB Pro's.

GO LEE and for what its worth I hope the IFBB can see past all of this crap and forget about this.  In the end remember BOB.......

ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY THE IFBB KNOWS LEE BRINGS IN MONEY FOR THEM THATS WHY THEY WANT HIM COMPETING IN THE FEDERATION.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #141 on: December 05, 2006, 07:44:24 PM »
Lee talking about Dave Palumbo...

This is gold !!!! From where it all started, and unfortunattely ended up with Lee's demise from MD. Real pitty........

One thing we have to admit, though.....the little guy is funny as hell when pissed  ;D

Can you imagine him screaming that with a red face and that funny accent! hahahaha
just push some weight!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: December 05, 2006, 07:49:33 PM »
Ok I don't normally chime in on threads like this as I don't really care about the IFBB and its promotion of drug use....

Bob that quote is insulting, some of us make more per year than you do.....as well as have what you( an other good IFBB PROS DO) do a pretty wife, kids and security. 

Don't for 1 second think EVERYBODY on this board is naive and stupid.

every sport has to have an outcast, Lee is the outcast he gets stomped on by the IFBB for choosing to go down a road and trying something new.  It is very obvious that the IFBB knows this hurts them, him not competing, otherwise they would not being making such a fuss about the whole thing.   Some fans come to these shows to see people like Lee compete, thats why you guys want him in the IFBB.....

I am very happy he speaks his mind and is not one of these, "I BB for GOD people", while I pump drugs in my body for self glorification and Vanity....going against everything the bible states   ::)

These people are the ones that make me sick.....  I love people like Lee he does hide behind ANYTHING and you can tell he is not a FAKE like some of the IFBB Pro's.

GO LEE and for what its worth I hope the IFBB can see past all of this crap and forget about this.  In the end remember BOB.......

ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY THE IFBB KNOWS LEE BRINGS IN MONEY FOR THEM THATS WHY THEY WANT HIM COMPETING IN THE FEDERATION.

Money has nothing to do with this discussion, or my comments.

If my comments don't apply to you, then you certainly wouldn't take offense...if they do, then it's a point taken.

Not having Lee in the IFBB doesn't hurt the IFBB, it hurts Lee. The IFBB has survived the retirement of Sergio, Arnold, Draper, Scott, Pearl, Haney, Wheeler, Ray, Dorian, etc, etc...it has survived other athletes that were suspended, and will survive the moving on from Lee...

Would they like to have Lee? Of course...they want ALL the best Bbers in the world under their roof, and Lee is certainly one of the best.

Lee has moved on, thats life.

BTW...it's not the IFBB making any fuss...it's YOU guys.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #143 on: December 05, 2006, 08:00:41 PM »
Money has nothing to do with this discussion, or my comments.

If my comments don't apply to you, then you certainly wouldn't take offense...if they do, then it's a point taken.

Not having Lee in the IFBB doesn't hurt the IFBB, it hurts Lee. The IFBB has survived the retirement of Sergio, Arnold, Draper, Scott, Pearl, Haney, Wheeler, Ray, Dorian, etc, etc...it has survived other athletes that were suspended, and will survive the moving on from Lee...

Would they like to have Lee? Of course...they want ALL the best Bbers in the world under their roof, and Lee is certainly one of the best.

Lee has moved on, thats life.

BTW...it's not the IFBB making any fuss...it's YOU guys.

I don't see why you say it hurts Lee.  He seems to be fine and doing great.  It is you that continually say Lee fucked up, it's Lee who is hurting.  So far I have yet to see where Lee says anything about hurting or suffering from not being in the IFBB.  SO far you are the ONLY one saying it.  And in reality you have no idea.  Please Chic , as you say quite often, don't get involved with something you have no idea about.  Hope this helps

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #144 on: December 05, 2006, 08:05:32 PM »
Lee is a bigmouth who got slapped down.  No sympathy here.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: December 05, 2006, 08:06:19 PM »
I don't see why you say it hurts Lee.  He seems to be fine and doing great.  It is you that continually say Lee fucked up, it's Lee who is hurting.  So far I have yet to see where Lee says anything about hurting or suffering from not being in the IFBB.  SO far you are the ONLY one saying it.  And in reality you have no idea.  Please Chic , as you say quite often, don't get involved with something you have no idea about.  Hope this helps

Lee is as honest as they come...ask him if he's taken a financial loss since his departure.

In Lee's defense, he made it quite clear some time ago that "money isn't everything"...

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: December 05, 2006, 08:12:57 PM »
Lee is as honest as they come...ask him if he's taken a financial loss since his departure.

In Lee's defense, he made it quite clear some time ago that "money isn't everything"...

He did say he ate at BurgerKing after his last PDI victory.............ahh the glory!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #147 on: December 05, 2006, 08:35:14 PM »

Anyone can see he took a financial hit.  No need to say it.  But it doesn't seem to hurt him so mch where he has to whine about it.  He obviously is doing good enough to make him happy.  Everyone else is whining for him.  Unlike most would do istead of sitting back and feeling sorry for himself he jumped right up and did the shows did some seminars got a sponsor or two and is doing just fine.  Like I have said before I have lost ALLOT of money because of my mouth or I just didn't feel right.  Sometimes I sit back I think about everythign I had and what I should have had and then I think at least I feel good and move on and make something else happen.  And it was and has been allot more than any supp contract pays.  So, for some people money really isn't everything.  Its nice though.  I just hang in there and something alwasy works itself out.  just like like now.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: December 05, 2006, 08:41:19 PM »
He's not whining about it...I've pointed that out 3 times now.

That was the whole point...that everyone ELSE had a problem with it, except for Lee.

John Romano

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #149 on: December 05, 2006, 08:48:56 PM »
WE HELD SINCE WHEN DOES HOLDING COLUMS COME UNDER YOUR DURISTICTION :) AND EVEN IF I WAS BACK WITH THE IFBB I HAVE ALWAYS POINTED OUT WHAT WAS WRONG IN IT SO WHY CUT IT OUT...I HAVE ALWAYS SAID WHAT I THINK ABOUT THEM BEFORE..BIG DEAL...WHEN WILL THIS END OK NO MORE....END OF STORY LEE HAPPY MOVED ON ...MUSCLEMAG..GOOD CHOICE ....BLAH BLAH BLAH  :P

Where the hell have you been? You think Steve doesn't involve me in those decisions?  Boy, you are in the dark, aren't you? ;)

Look, Lee, just because you're reckless and make bad, impetuous, decisions doesn't mean we have let you hang yourself on our dime.  If you had just gotten back in the IFBB, having that column run would have made you look ignorant, stupid and confussed.  Oh, but I forgot, you're you.  So, we just should have let it slide...... ::)