Author Topic: Lee Priest vs Dave Palumbo - Love is in the air!  (Read 30570 times)

thisiskeith12

Re: Lee Priest vs Dave Palumbo - Love is in the air!
« Reply #150 on: December 05, 2006, 08:55:24 PM »
Where the hell have you been? You think Steve doesn't involve me in those decisions?  Boy, you are in the dark, aren't you? ;)

Look, Lee, just because you're reckless and make bad, impetuous, decisions doesn't mean we have let you hang yourself on our dime.  If you had just gotten back in the IFBB, having that column run would have made you look ignorant, stupid and confussed.  Oh, but I forgot, you're you.  So, we just should have let it slide...... ::)

It's what you promoted the hell out of to sell magazines.

John Romano

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2006, 10:05:53 PM »
It's what you promoted the hell out of to sell magazines.

How so?

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: December 05, 2006, 10:07:24 PM »
Where the hell have you been? You think Steve doesn't involve me in those decisions?  Boy, you are in the dark, aren't you? ;)

Look, Lee, just because you're reckless and make bad, impetuous, decisions doesn't mean we have let you hang yourself on our dime.  If you had just gotten back in the IFBB, having that column run would have made you look ignorant, stupid and confussed.  Oh, but I forgot, you're you.  So, we just should have let it slide...... ::)

Love is in the air nahnahnahaaaaaanhanahana n Love is in the air  ;D ;D

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #153 on: December 05, 2006, 10:23:57 PM »
Lee Priest has problems with everyone. It's a pattern. He has to maintain that rebel image that appeals to the dregs I guess lol. What an attention whore.
Whatever, he's somewhat entertaining at least.
TEAM REPTILIAN

JaggyShortBuff

• Getbig IV
  • Art Work In Motion
« Reply #154 on: December 05, 2006, 10:30:43 PM »
Lee Priest has problems with everyone. It's a pattern. He has to maintain that rebel image that appeals to the dregs I guess lol. What an attention whore.

Yes Lee is entertaining and he has an amazing physique to back it up (unlike many others that thrives on attention)...The man has been more popular than most bodybuilders will ever dream to be and has great success in his life also...Let the hater's hate Lee
Watching The Haters

Jill at MD

• Getbig II
« Reply #155 on: December 06, 2006, 06:48:18 AM »
You can say what you want about Flex, our bowing to Pete McGough, et. etc. blah, blah, blah, the fact is Steve went to bat for Lee and at the same time Lee submitted a column that would have totally distroyed the good will Steve was trrying to built, so Steve cut the column at the last minute in the hopes of not inflaming the situation.  John and I were there so we know what went down.  In the interests of staying positive, I wish Lee all the best at his new home. It's a shame things didn't work out and as with anytime you leave a job or the job leaves you there's different interpretations of how things happened.  As far as the rest, I'm not going to try to convince the haters to like our magazine; it's the best damned mag out there on BB whether you like it or not.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #156 on: December 06, 2006, 07:22:53 AM »
Once again this idea that MD is this professional magazine is outrageously insane. Your mag went from an "all natural" bodybuilding magazine that had professional athletes like Shannon Sharpe on the cover to having half naked sluts on every other page- "MD's no bull, no selling out approach" steroid articles gallore Greg Valentinos ranting about his bowels and trashing flex magazine every chance you got to all of a sudden putting on your knee pads and sucking Flex's and the IFBB' cock after you went too far about that dinner you had with David Pecker and Peter McGough in one of your editorials. Now Lee Priest is going too far??? Dude its so hypocrtical its pathetic. Your whole magazine is predicated on being rebellious ( My previous post in this thread puts everything in proper persepctive)  and now your once again bowing down to the IFBB at the expense of one of your "NO BULLSHIT NO SELLING OUT" athletes who by the way actually has won contests and has a good physique. MD went from a natural mag to a super rebllious I dont give a shit underground mag to a corporate magazine in only a few years. Give us a fucking break. As I said I dont know or care about Lee Priest or MD, but dont sit here and tell the fans that Lee is somehow wrong in this situation and MD is all about professionalism. Whats it going to be next year? MD 'THE HARDCORE VEGETARIANS MAGAZINE!!!!"

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #157 on: December 06, 2006, 07:28:20 AM »
Lee is as honest as they come...ask him if he's taken a financial loss since his departure.

In Lee's defense, he made it quite clear some time ago that "money isn't everything"...

YES I HAVE....BUT I STILL HAVE MY INTERGRITY....I STILL PAY MY BILLS HAVE FOOD ON TABLE AND ROOOF OVER HEAD SO I AM OK..YES I TOOK A BIG LOSS AND IT WAS WORTH IT....

John Romano

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #158 on: December 06, 2006, 07:29:05 AM »
Once again this idea that MD is this professional magazine is outrageously insane. Your mag went from an "all natural" bodybuilding magazine that had professional athletes like Shannon Sharpe on the cover to having half naked sluts on every other page- "MD's no bull, no selling out approach" steroid articles gallore Greg Valentinos ranting about his bowels and trashing flex magazine every chance you got to all of a sudden putting on your knee pads and sucking Flex's and the IFBB' cock after you went too far about that dinner you had with David Pecker and Peter McGough in one of your editorials. Now Lee Priest is going too far??? Dude its so hypocrtical its pathetic. Your whole magazine is predicated on being rebellious ( My previous post in this thread puts everything in proper persepctive)  and now your once again bowing down to the IFBB at the expense of one of your "NO BULLSHIT NO SELLING OUT" athletes who by the way actually has won contests and has a good physique. MD went from a natural mag to a super rebllious I dont give a shit underground mag to a corporate magazine in only a few years. Give us a fucking break. As I said I dont know or care about Lee Priest or MD, but dont sit here and tell the fans that Lee is somehow wrong in this situation and MD is all about professionalism. Whats it going to be next year? MD 'THE HARDCORE VEGETARIANS MAGAZINE!!!!"

Dude, give it a rest - that was so last century. You're condemning us for finding a successful formula?  Give me a fucking break.......

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #159 on: December 06, 2006, 07:30:17 AM »
Where the hell have you been? You think Steve doesn't involve me in those decisions?  Boy, you are in the dark, aren't you? ;)

Look, Lee, just because you're reckless and make bad, impetuous, decisions doesn't mean we have let you hang yourself on our dime.  If you had just gotten back in the IFBB, having that column run would have made you look ignorant, stupid and confussed.  Oh, but I forgot, you're you.  So, we just should have let it slide...... ::)

AND I HAVE NEVER SAID ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THE IFBB BEFORE HAVE I  ???

Bronx

• Getbig III
  • MuscleMag Group Photo Editor
« Reply #160 on: December 06, 2006, 07:31:08 AM »
YES I HAVE....BUT I STILL HAVE MY INTERGRITY....I STILL PAY MY BILLS HAVE FOOD ON TABLE AND ROOOF OVER HEAD SO I AM OK..YES I TOOK A BIG LOSS AND IT WAS WORTH IT....

Something tells me there are good things ahead anyways.

NOW...when are we ALL gonna let this shit just die and move the f*ck on?

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #161 on: December 06, 2006, 07:31:32 AM »

SORRY ISN'T A REBEL IMAGE IT'S JUST ME...I DON'T PRETEND TO BE ANYTHING I AM NOT..UNLIKE ALOT OF OTHERS

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #162 on: December 06, 2006, 07:35:44 AM »
Something tells me there are good things ahead anyways.

NOW...when are we ALL gonna let this shit just die and move the f*ck on?

I THINK MD STILL LOVES ME OTHERWISE LET IT GO JOHN AND JILL :).....LOOK AT ALL THE PAGES ON EACH BOARD ABOUT THIS WHO SAID I WAS BAD FOR PUBLICITY :)...

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #163 on: December 06, 2006, 07:36:00 AM »
Its so successful the formula is changed every 3 years? Horrible, unreadble and weak Flex magazine- The magazine that you claim "Doesnt keep it real" has never changed that forumla. Is that because their approach somehow isnt working as you put it? Cmon man, your starting to believe your own nonsense. I see you didnt respond to anything else I addressed in that post or my previous post in this thread either... Are you disputing what I said? The fact of the matter is your magazines "NO BULL" bad boy image went right out the window when the IFBB and Peter McGough put you guys in your place. Once that happened you tried to keep Lee Priest in line and it didnt work so you didnt re-sign him. Bottom line thats it.

Mr. Michael Moore

• Getbig IV
  • A pretty good weight, for a small woman !
« Reply #164 on: December 06, 2006, 07:39:15 AM »
You can say what you want about Flex, our bowing to Pete McGough, et. etc. blah, blah, blah, the fact is Steve went to bat for Lee and at the same time Lee submitted a column that would have totally distroyed the good will Steve was trrying to built, so Steve cut the column at the last minute in the hopes of not inflaming the situation.  John and I were there so we know what went down.  In the interests of staying positive, I wish Lee all the best at his new home. It's a shame things didn't work out and as with anytime you leave a job or the job leaves you there's different interpretations of how things happened.  As far as the rest, I'm not going to try to convince the haters to like our magazine; it's the best damned mag out there on BB whether you like it or not.

Well, Jill the Dilldo, if what you say it's true, how about Steve calling Priest for a meeting to discuss what you are pointing out, something like this: " Hey, Lee, it's Steve. Hi. I'm calling you to discuss your column, especifically this month's column. You see, as i went to Manion to discuss your situation and possible return to the IFBB panel, and now that I'm reading what you wrote in your last column to go to print, you're gonna jeopardize any chances of getting back to the Federation. Could we get an agreement to at least put it  on hold and save your usual slandering of the IFBB  for future issues, as you have always bashed those guys, and it will be commom place. But this month's next column especifically, due to your current situation and the elapsed time status since my talking with Manion and the publication of the column, it's gonna get stinky for you and for us. How about we postpone it?"

Anything close to this would do it. This way , all the parts involved would be happy: Priest would feel respected and not censured to be consulted before the final decision form Steve's part, the mag wouldn't nuke their new bridge with the IFBB, the IFBB wouldn't get (more than they already are!) pissed with Priest and so on......And don't tell me that Steve owns the mag and can do the way as he pleases, it's a business decision, blah, blah, blah, because Steve himself got tired of saying that MD is a family, and he always cared about Lee as a friend.
Train forever !

John Romano

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #165 on: December 06, 2006, 07:42:48 AM »

And that is all that really matters.  Just keep your facts straight.  If you're okay, and the big loss you took was worth it, then there is no reason to twist things the way you have.  And don't say you didn't because you did.  The bottom line with respect to MD is that you called out your boss, you pissed him off, and he didn't renew your contract.  To you, it was worth 60 grand.  Fine.  We agree, it's expensive to you.  I don't see why this thread has to continue.  Best of luck, Lee.  I'm looking forward to your next episode..........  There will surely be one  ;)

Jill at MD

• Getbig II
« Reply #166 on: December 06, 2006, 07:43:11 AM »
Its so successful the formula is changed every 3 years? Horrible, unreadble and weak Flex magazine- The magazine that you claim "Doesnt keep it real" has never changed that forumla. Is that because their approach somehow isnt working as you put it? Cmon man, your starting to believe your own nonsense. I see you didnt respond to anything else I addressed in that post or my previous post in this thread either... Are you disputing what I said? The fact of the matter is your magazines "NO BULL" bad boy image went right out the window when the IFBB and Peter McGough put you guys in your place. Once that happened you tried to keep Lee Priest in line and it didnt work so you didnt re-sign him. Bottom line thats it.

Hey, Whorewell, Were you the guy who sent us the resume wo worked for Flex magazine?

Well, Jill the Dilldo, if what you say it's true, how about Steve calling Priest for a meeting to discuss what you are pointing out, something like this: " Hey, Lee, it's Steve. Hi. I'm calling you to discuss your column, especifically this month's column. You see, as i went to Manion to discuss your situation and possible return to the IFBB panel, and now that I'm reading what you wrote in your last column to go to print, you're gonna jeopardize any chances of getting back to the Federation. Could we get an agreement to at least put it  on hold and save your usual slandering of the IFBB  for future issues, as you have always bashed those guys, and it will be commom place. But this month's next column especifically, due to your current situation and the elapsed time status since my talking with Manion and the publication of the column, it's gonna get stinky for you and for us. How about we postpone it?"

Sorry, but it was the other way around. Give it up already.

John Romano

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #167 on: December 06, 2006, 07:45:52 AM »
I THINK MD STILL LOVES ME OTHERWISE LET IT GO JOHN AND JILL :).....LOOK AT ALL THE PAGES ON EACH BOARD ABOUT THIS WHO SAID I WAS BAD FOR PUBLICITY :)...

YES!! Exactly!!  You think I'm happy with the way you handled things and how they turned out?  I know Steve would have resigned you.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #168 on: December 06, 2006, 07:46:19 AM »
lol very funny. Im a 23 year old law student. I highly doubt I sent you a resume especially considering I've never written for any magazine before. If you cant respond to my commentary with any kind of rebuttal then just dont say anything at all. No need to start making things up or hurling insults my way. I mean after all Jill, you work for MD- The most professional Bodybuilding magazine in the industry right?

John Romano

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #169 on: December 06, 2006, 07:46:43 AM »

Every 3 years?  How do you get every 3 years?  Good thing you're a law student.  You're not good at math.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #170 on: December 06, 2006, 07:48:37 AM »
If im not mistaken up until 1999 your magazine was still all natural correct?

John Romano

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #171 on: December 06, 2006, 07:50:40 AM »
If im not mistaken up until 1999 your magazine was still all natural correct?

Steve has owned MD since 1988.  Please point out the change in direction every three years.....

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #172 on: December 06, 2006, 07:53:04 AM »
John its really irrelevant whether it was every 3 years or 4 years but we have seen 3 different approaches to your magazine in the past 10 years which demonstrates something is amiss. But truthfully that is totally meaningless. The real issue (which you nelglected to address again) is my previous post about MD's hypocrasy and about the sequence of events which took place that led to Lee getting let go. Ill repost the second half of that post again.

Are you disputing what I said? The fact of the matter is your magazines "NO BULL" bad boy image went right out the window when the IFBB and Peter McGough put you guys in your place. Once that happened you tried to keep Lee Priest in line and it didnt work so you didnt re-sign him. Bottom line thats it.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #173 on: December 06, 2006, 07:57:41 AM »
Every 3 years?  How do you get every 3 years?  Good thing you're a law student.  You're not good at math.

John no need to be insulting. Im only 23. I first picked up an MD in 1998 ( not 1988 when I was 5) and it was all about natural bodybuilding. By 2000 the magazine was all about having half naked girls spalttered throughout and that was nixed in about 2003 when the girls came off the cover and the centerfold was taken away and the magazine became all about advertisments, bashing Flex and steroids and keeping it real. Now that credibility is shot with this whole Lee Priest fiasco. Im pointing out my history as a reader. I dont know or care about what you guys did before then.

John Romano

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #174 on: December 06, 2006, 07:59:17 AM »
John its really irrelevant whether it was every 3 years or 4 years but we have seen 3 different approaches to your magazine in the past 10 years which demonstrates something is amiss. But truthfully that is totally meaningless. The real issue (which you nelglected to address again) is my previous post about MD's hypocrasy and about the sequence of events which took place that led to Lee getting let go. Ill repost the second half of that post again.

Are you disputing what I said? The fact of the matter is your magazines "NO BULL" bad boy image went right out the window when the IFBB and Peter McGough put you guys in your place. Once that happened you tried to keep Lee Priest in line and it didnt work so you didnt re-sign him. Bottom line thats it.

How can I respond to something that is completely contrived and erroneous?  Are you insinuating that were were put in our place because AMI denied us press passes?  Please.  And your statement: "Once that happened you tried to keep Lee Priest in line and it didnt work so you didnt re-sign him. Bottom line thats it." I think you'll learn in law school that when you make a statement such as that, you better be able to prove it. Your presumptions are totally inaccurate.  Stick to what you know.