Author Topic: Henrik Larsson to Man United  (Read 1112 times)

Diesel1

• Getbig V
Henrik Larsson to Man United
« on: December 01, 2006, 04:18:16 AM »
I always wanted to see him play in the premiership when he was at his best, tearing it up in the SPL. He's still a quality player but his best years are behind him now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/6198464.stm

Man Utd capture Larsson on loan

Manchester United will sign veteran striker Henrik Larsson on a three-month loan deal in January.

The 35-year-old former Celtic striker will leave current club Helsingborg on 1 January and return when the Swedish season starts in mid-March.

Larsson said: "United have been after me before, after the first or second season with Celtic.

"It feels good to come and play for such a big club. I may not start every match, but it feels like a fun thing."

Premiership leaders United are short of options up front, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer injured and Alan Smith still seeking full fitness.

That leaves Wayne Rooney and Louis Saha as their only recognised strikers.

Larsson left Barcelona at the end of last season to join hometown club Helsingborg.

He helped them to a fourth-placed finish in the Swedish league, which means they are now in the Scandinavian Royal League - contested by 12 clubs, four each from Sweden, Denmark and Norway.

He spent two seasons in Spain and played a decisive role in this year's Champions League final when he came on in the second half and set up both goals in the defeat of Arsenal.

The Swede joined Barca in 2004 following a hugely successful seven-year spell at Celtic, where he is widely hailed as one of the best players in the club's history.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
Re: Henrik Larsson to Man United
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 04:33:59 AM »
still will be a treat to watch him play in the premiership

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 05:27:44 AM »
I would have honestly expected him to go to Villa as his preferred choice of Premiership team so he can reunite with Martin O'Neill.

But then I suppose a lot of foreign players would love to play for Man Utd more than anyone else so I can't blame him really. He'll be good to watch.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 06:07:24 AM »
I think he will crash and burn TBH.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 07:29:15 AM »
Smartest move in the book for any club that needs to fill up temporarily on strikers.

Larsson is still under contract with Helsingborg, and has a reputation since his days in Barca to deliver quality from the bench. Never a guy who will complain about playing time.

Larsson is also known for his team leading abilities, leading by example.

Looks like Ferguson did his homework on this one. Very impressed with this move.

Never was a fan of Man United or Larsson. But class is always easy to spot. Something that Larsson has more of than perhaps anyone else in the game.

He will deliver, even if Fergie appoints him as a water boy.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 10:01:45 AM »
Smartest move in the book for any club that needs to fill up temporarily on strikers.

Larsson is still under contract with Helsingborg, and has a reputation since his days in Barca to deliver quality from the bench. Never a guy who will complain about playing time.

Larsson is also known for his team leading abilities, leading by example.

Looks like Ferguson did his homework on this one. Very impressed with this move.

Never was a fan of Man United or Larsson. But class is always easy to spot. Something that Larsson has more of than perhaps anyone else in the game.

He will deliver, even if Fergie appoints him as a water boy.

YIP
Zack

I'm sure ur rose tinted opinion of him isn't because he is swedish by any chance? ???

He played in the SPL, it's a baby league, doesn't match the premierships pedegree.

Larsson is a good player tho.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 10:03:39 AM »
I'm sure ur rose tinted opinion of him isn't because he is swedish by any chance? ???

He played in the SPL, it's a baby league, doesn't match the premierships pedegree.

how's our 142lbs Ohioan doing today ;D

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 10:06:32 AM »
I think he will crash and burn TBH.

You've just shown the true extent of your footballing knowledge lol

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 10:08:10 AM »
how's our 142lbs Ohioan doing today ;D

Hmm?

Wait and see brother. Who was the one who stated Man U would devastate Celtic, only for Celtic to win? I felt embarrassed for yah laddy! :-[
الاسلام هو شيطانية

body88

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2006, 10:08:29 AM »

I will be attending a few NE revolution games next season. It's a start !

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 10:10:49 AM »

Let me clarify:

One of the aspects that make it a good move is that they have him on a temporary loan, he won't cost much.

You are incorrect when you only bring up his record with the Celtics. Larsson played until this spring in Barcelona, widely considered as one of the top 5 clubs in the world.

Larsson was the franchise player in Celtics, he managed that well, he even won the Piche d'Oro once as the striker of the year in Europe.

He also managed to be a solid backup player, on the bench, in Barcelona.

IMO, Larsson is a lot of bang for the buck.

And I don't even like the guy, I think he's shown poor sportsmanship a couple of times, like when he kicked away a loose shoe in the last World Cup, the game against Germany.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 10:11:37 AM »

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 10:14:10 AM »

I will be attending a few NE revolution games next season. It's a start !

Good lad  :) try and learn the rules before you go, you'll enjoy it more if you have some idea of what's going on.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 10:24:51 AM »
How are you doing ;D

Better than your mother ;D

How is she? Still fucking minorities just for fun?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 06:04:19 PM »
Diesel, quit with the boring soccer shit! :D
The House that Ruth built