Author Topic: Serge Nubret is here  (Read 701603 times)

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
Re: Serge Nubret is here
« Reply #1325 on: November 07, 2007, 08:25:26 AM »
maybe you should read what has been written again?  :D

everyone is in "constant glycogen retention", because every human being stores glycogen, but yes when you start working out a muscle more than once a week you will feel your muscles pumped for longer periods of time.  and no he wouldnt deflate back to totally untrained state if not working out for a week, thats totally ridiculous. no one has said that, so you should get back to the real world and not twist what has been said. the truth is that you wont build muscle and loose fat unless your on drugs (and even then is it hard) or sometimes you can see the phenomenon in total newbies who can do it for a very brief period.

once again im arguing well established facts. the gaining muscle while loosing fat myth has been killed for years, so has serges ab cardio marathon advice.

as for serges training routine: it can work, as any other routine as long as you work progressively, which i said many times. but its not magic...nor is any other routine. consistancy will in most cases be more important than the specifics as long as you work out hard enough and dont use a totally fucked up routine.

if you want to talk facts, there is very little known in the scientific world about what actually causes hypertrophy and it simply isn't true that you can't gain muscle and lose fat at the same time eg. millions of trainees that go back to weights after some time off do it all the time (muscle memory) so there goes your 'only newbies' myth.

i have also personally seen many experienced trainers gain muscle and lose fat when they are on the right program.

slaveboy, put up or shut up. serge has put up many many times and others have put up pics for him. where's your pics ???

this is an anonymous board and i would never expect anyone to need to post pics but you are not simply giving your opinion here, you are asserting your theories as if factual but the reality is that they are not.

you say serge is wrong and outdated so let's all see for ourselves how well your own space age scientific training protocol is working for you? ;D

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #1326 on: November 07, 2007, 08:50:35 AM »
Just remember the likes of Levrone and how he used to BUILD MUSCLE whilst LOSING FAT right up to showtime ...... He was smaller in the "off season" than at contest time. Gunter did the same too I believe.

IF the body has a need, it will draw nutrients from any source it can, including fat.

Trev

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1327 on: November 07, 2007, 08:53:51 AM »
Time for a subject change!
Hi Serge - A question that I don't think anyone has asked yet!!! ....... What car do you drive?   :)

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1328 on: November 07, 2007, 08:54:57 AM »
Just remember the likes of Levrone and how he used to BUILD MUSCLE whilst LOSING FAT right up to showtime ...... He was smaller in the "off season" than at contest time. Gunter did the same too I believe.

IF the body has a need, it will draw nutrients from any source it can, including fat.

i don't think that argument's going to work for you since both of those examples used anabolics.

Trev

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1329 on: November 07, 2007, 08:57:49 AM »
i don't think that argument's going to work for you since both of those examples used anabolics.
DOH!!!!! You're probably right. I was trying to kill that subject. Although it does still prove that the muscles MUST be getting nutrients from the fat to aid the steroids.... Regardless, we who train hard whilst shedding fat KNOW it to be true.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1330 on: November 07, 2007, 09:02:34 AM »
DOH!!!!! You're probably right. I was trying to kill that subject. Although it does still prove that the muscles MUST be getting nutrients from the fat to aid the steroids.... Regardless, we who train hard whilst shedding fat KNOW it to be true.

what IS a fact is that muscle can grow in the absence of calories and sleep, so, yes, it is entirely possible.

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #1331 on: November 07, 2007, 10:03:11 AM »
maybe you should read what has been written again?  :D

everyone is in "constant glycogen retention", because every human being stores glycogen, but yes when you start working out a muscle more than once a week you will feel your muscles pumped for longer periods of time.  and no he wouldnt deflate back to totally untrained state if not working out for a week, thats totally ridiculous. no one has said that, so you should get back to the real world and not twist what has been said. the truth is that you wont build muscle and loose fat unless your on drugs (and even then is it hard) or sometimes you can see the phenomenon in total newbies who can do it for a very brief period.

once again im arguing well established facts. the gaining muscle while loosing fat myth has been killed for years, so has serges ab cardio marathon advice.

as for serges training routine: it can work, as any other routine as long as you work progressively, which i said many times. but its not magic...nor is any other routine. consistancy will in most cases be more important than the specifics as long as you work out hard enough and dont use a totally fucked up routine.

I am so happy that we have someone of slaveboy's caliber, experience and wisdom on this board. I want to personally thank you for sharing your wealth of knowledge with us. Please continue sharing with the rest of us so that we can all learn. And please post a picture or two so we can use you as a model to reference and work towards. Wow, thanks again. I never thought that I would be able to coorespond with someone of your statue.

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #1332 on: November 07, 2007, 11:03:59 AM »
Time for a subject change!
Hi Serge - A question that I don't think anyone has asked yet!!! ....... What car do you drive?   :)

Most of the time UNDERGROUNG, but I use Jaguar.

Serge Nubret
http://www.sergenubret.com
http://www.sergenubret.com/muscleawards
http://www.sergenubret.com/personaltrainer

ConanCarl

• Getbig II
  • CD
« Reply #1333 on: November 07, 2007, 05:55:17 PM »
Hey great to here about your success with the Serge routine-I am 35 and started this program 4 months ago and it is really helping me -after lifting heavy on and off for years-
I am only able to work bodyparts once a week because I do other training too-but I have gained muscle and always feel the pump-people have seen a huge difference so it must be working-whether its water retention or whatever-haha-I refuse to get in that past conversation that was on here-but no matter what it works-even if modified for 1x week
I am always sore because of this-but joyful soreness

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1334 on: November 07, 2007, 08:59:16 PM »
Most of the time UNDERGROUNG, but I use Jaguar.

Serge Nubret

black panther drives a jaguar... ;D

slaveboy, i can't tell you i'm an experienced bber because i'm not.

what i can say is that i am very experienced in intense training and i can tell you that overtraining is a myth. if top flight champion athletes believed in overtraining they wouldn't be top flight champions.

open your mind, read/listen more and pontificate less and you could take your training to the next level and make the best gains you've ever made.

Trev

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1335 on: November 08, 2007, 12:57:50 AM »
Hey great to here about your success with the Serge routine-I am 35 and started this program 4 months ago and it is really helping me -after lifting heavy on and off for years-
I am only able to work bodyparts once a week because I do other training too-but I have gained muscle and always feel the pump-people have seen a huge difference so it must be working-whether its water retention or whatever-haha-I refuse to get in that past conversation that was on here-but no matter what it works-even if modified for 1x week
I am always sore because of this-but joyful soreness
Nice one - Hey, IF you can get in a 2nd c ycle in the same week, its well worth it - The growth difference has shocked me BIGtime. I thought I was a hard gainer after taking 20 years to build 30 pounds of muscle, but Im packing it on SO quickly now!!! All the best with it.

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #1336 on: November 08, 2007, 01:51:13 AM »
Serge, salut!

Please accept my honour to one of the greatest bodybuilders of all time.

Serge, I wanted to ask you, which of the modern pro bodybuilders (last 10 years) in your opinion were most deserving of the Mr.O title and which were the least deserving?

Thank you in advance, and welcome to the boards.

Merci.

Trev

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1337 on: November 08, 2007, 03:07:55 AM »

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #1338 on: November 08, 2007, 05:03:39 AM »
Serge, did Ben Weider or Arnold even give you an explanation as to why you couldn't guest-pose at Arnold's show?  ???

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #1339 on: November 08, 2007, 06:46:02 AM »

very ignorant post from your trev.

thats muscle memory and he (levrone) was on drugs..notice i said its not gonna happen to a natural (unless he is a total newbie..it may happen in a few cases).

and no the body does not draw nutrients from fat to build muscle, thats wrong. not true in the levrone case or in any case.

a drug user has a totally up regulated protein synthesis, cant compare that to a natural.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #1340 on: November 08, 2007, 06:50:05 AM »
if you want to talk facts, there is very little known in the scientific world about what actually causes hypertrophy and it simply isn't true that you can't gain muscle and lose fat at the same time eg. millions of trainees that go back to weights after some time off do it all the time (muscle memory) so there goes your 'only newbies' myth.

i have also personally seen many experienced trainers gain muscle and lose fat when they are on the right program.

slaveboy, put up or shut up. serge has put up many many times and others have put up pics for him. where's your pics ???

this is an anonymous board and i would never expect anyone to need to post pics but you are not simply giving your opinion here, you are asserting your theories as if factual but the reality is that they are not.

you say serge is wrong and outdated so let's all see for ourselves how well your own space age scientific training protocol is working for you? ;D

so your claiming its possible to gain muscle and loose fat at same time? for a natural, who isnt a total newbie? and im not talking about regaining lost muscle mass or any such thing.

no, only possible way to loose fat and gain muscle at same time is if you define same time as a very long time interval..then you could maybe think of some kind of abcd diet set up. but no, in practice, you wont gain muscle and loose fat at the same time.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #1341 on: November 08, 2007, 06:51:48 AM »
I am so happy that we have someone of slaveboy's caliber, experience and wisdom on this board. I want to personally thank you for sharing your wealth of knowledge with us. Please continue sharing with the rest of us so that we can all learn. And please post a picture or two so we can use you as a model to reference and work towards. Wow, thanks again. I never thought that I would be able to coorespond with someone of your statue.

haha, your a real lover of the free word i see ;D

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #1342 on: November 08, 2007, 06:54:24 AM »
black panther drives a jaguar... ;D

slaveboy, i can't tell you i'm an experienced bber because i'm not.

what i can say is that i am very experienced in intense training and i can tell you that overtraining is a myth. if top flight champion athletes believed in overtraining they wouldn't be top flight champions.

open your mind, read/listen more and pontificate less and you could take your training to the next level and make the best gains you've ever made.
dont expand the argument to things i havent claimed. yes, in some ways overtraining is too feared, the mind is a door opener..if your mind doesnt believe you can do something, your body can never follow.

but it doesnt change the fact, that  natural athletes wont gain muscle and loose fat at the same time.

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #1343 on: November 08, 2007, 07:16:12 AM »
haha, your a real lover of the free word i see ;D

Wow, and you are politically fervent also. You just impress me more and more. Please keep posting as everyone just waits in eager for you to enhance us with your worth of knowledgeable insight….

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #1344 on: November 08, 2007, 07:21:08 AM »
Wow, and you are politically fervent also. You just impress me more and more. Please keep posting as everyone just waits in eager for you to enhance us with your worth of knowledgeable insight….

the board your posting on is called getbig: gossip & opinions.  ;)

epic ironageitis.

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #1345 on: November 08, 2007, 09:26:18 AM »
the board your posting on is called getbig: gossip & opinions.  ;)

epic ironageitis.

A little insecure??? I want you to continue to post your opinions. The are very impressive. Having you continue to post is a breath of fresh air!! So please, continue..

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #1346 on: November 08, 2007, 02:35:00 PM »
Serge, salut!

Please accept my honour to one of the greatest bodybuilders of all time.

Serge, I wanted to ask you, which of the modern pro bodybuilders (last 10 years) in your opinion were most deserving of the Mr.O title and which were the least deserving?

Thank you in advance, and welcome to the boards.

Merci.

I really don't know, a long time that i don't go to those kind of show any more "I mean Mr.olympia".

Serge Nubret

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #1347 on: November 08, 2007, 02:40:05 PM »
Serge, did Ben Weider or Arnold even give you an explanation as to why you couldn't guest-pose at Arnold's show?  ???

Weider want me to send him a letter that he wrote for me, as i was not able to write my own letter, on which i have to kiss his....Weider works with me for so long, but he did not get the lesson...Serge Nubret is not a ass kisser. But Arnold was fair after when i met him the following week in Santa Monica He gave me $10,000, so I was the best paid body builder for not posing.

Serge Nubret

Trev

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1348 on: November 10, 2007, 02:24:20 AM »
Weider want me to send him a letter that he wrote for me, as i was not able to write my own letter, on which i have to kiss his....Weider works with me for so long, but he did not get the lesson...Serge Nubret is not a ass kisser. But Arnold was fair after when i met him the following week in Santa Monica He gave me $10,000, so I was the best paid body builder for not posing.

Serge Nubret

Nice one arnold. You can see from a lot of Arnold's writings that he had a huge respect for you Serge.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #1349 on: November 10, 2007, 04:25:43 AM »
for all the arnold haters, look at that right there. the guy had nothing but respect for the sport and those who deserved respect.