Author Topic: As a CHRISTIAN have you ever...  (Read 1915 times)

bigandbrolic

• Getbig II
As a CHRISTIAN have you ever...
« on: December 01, 2006, 01:52:00 PM »
doubted your belief in God?  If so Why?

For myself I struggled last year when my sister was dying of cancer and over the weekend my mom dropped the bomb on me with a differnt type of cancer, right now I am struggling even though I know God exist I keep on asking myself why me, why my family and why again?

This is not a sympathy thread because life is going very well for me alot of things is falling into place but I am human and we do develop doubt "sometimes".
I am a grown ass man

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
Re: As a CHRISTIAN have you ever...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 02:35:41 PM »
i think we all have at some point in our life.  whenever we go through tragedies like what you mentioned, i believe it's human nature to have those thoughts.  this is a tough subject because we will never understand God's plan in our lives nor will we know why He does allows pain in our lives. 

i will think about this some more and return........at work
W

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
  • The easiest person to deceive is one's own self
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 06:42:27 PM »
Hope everything works out the best for your loved ones.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 09:55:21 PM »

For myself I struggled last year when my sister was dying of cancer and over the weekend my mom dropped the bomb on me with a differnt type of cancer, right now I am struggling even though I know God exist I keep on asking myself why me, why my family and why again?

This is not a sympathy thread because life is going very well for me alot of things is falling into place but I am human and we do develop doubt "sometimes".

My condolences.  I agree with Mighty Mouse's comments.  We've all been down that road.  I've never doubted God's existence, but I've questioned the "fairness" of tough times, both for me and others.  I suspect most Christians struggle with doubt at various times in their lives.  I have.

I don't think there is an answer in this lifetime for why some people suffer and others don't.  Why some die young and others don't.  Why my father, who was my best friend, died at 66.

I'm trying to think of something profound to say, but I'm sort of at a loss.  Just keep believing, praying, working hard, caring, comforting.  The Bible talks a lot about overcoming.  That's part of what we have to do as Christians:  overcome temptation, overcome suffering, overcome struggles, overcome doubt.  Sorry I couldn't be more help . . . . 

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 10:09:17 PM »
Muslims arent't welcome to opine?  ;D
follow the arrows

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 06:32:02 AM »
bigandbrolic,

I'm sorry for what is happening.  

I think everyone's faith can lag at times, and sometimes people just get mad at God.  That is a good time to talk to Him more because He will comfort you.  One thing that helps me is to try to remember that He is in total control.  If it is in His plan to cure someone, He will.  If it's not, He won't, even though we have no idea for His reasons sometimes.  

I infer you were raised in a Christian home which makes me assume your sister and mother are saved.  I hope this can give you some comfort and peace.

big, I suggest you read the book "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn.  I'm reading it now and it's good.  It kind of gets you excited for it!  He even talks about "will we drink coffee in heaven" and stuff like that :D

R

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 07:47:15 AM »
bigandbrolic,

I'm sorry for what is happening.  Cancer is a bastard.  

I think everyone's faith can lag at times, and sometimes people just get mad at God.  That is a good time to talk to Him more because He will comfort you.  One thing that helps me is to try to remember that He is in total control.  If it is in His plan to cure someone, He will.  If it's not, He won't, even though we have no idea for His reasons sometimes.  

I infer you were raised in a Christian home which makes me assume your sister and mother are saved.  I hope this can give you some comfort and peace.

big, I suggest you read the book "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn.  I'm reading it now and it's good.  It kind of gets you excited for it!  He even talks about "will we drink coffee in heaven" and stuff like that :D

How does Randy know?  There better be cheescake or i'm plucking the feathers of some angels!  >:(

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 10:08:16 AM »

I went through the same thing when my mom died a few years back. It was one thing after the next, mom died(59) of cancer and then my grandfather( her dad 94) and then my dog that mom bought me for christmas one year(Moog was 17.5). I kinda just threw my hands up and said fine if this is the way you treat your people  then I dont need you either. I was like that for about 2 years and im finally starting to come around again. I thought how could you let a devoted follower suffer so much? But after talking to some people I realise that we arent in controll of what happens but we do have the freewill to change the things we want. Hang in and keep the faith.  Tough times never last, tough people do!!
X

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 05:09:44 AM »
thanks for the encouragement guys. 

I kinda got a rude awakening yesterday when a preacher on the radio said "people keep praying for EASIER paths instead we should be praying for TOUGHER SHOES

;D I have to remember that sometimes!!
X

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 07:31:07 AM »
How does Randy know?  There better be cheescake or i'm plucking the feathers of some angels!  >:(

Migs you are sassy today  ;D 

Randy got his info for his book from the bible.  At times he "fills in the blanks" w/his own feelings, but he clearly states when he has done so.

As for the cheesecake, according to the bible, we now live in a fallen world....we live under a "curse"....and the whole of creation is also under the "curse."  If cheesecake and double cheese white castles taste as good as they do here, food in heaven (not under a curse) will be even more "dope."    ;D
R