Author Topic: Bootylicious  (Read 12106 times)

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
Re: Bootylicious
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2006, 05:20:35 PM »
Val did make a terrific transformation!

I never had a weight problem, and I haven't had children.  I am 34 years old (young?), and I've been lifting weights since I was 18.  Prior to that point, I didn't lift a finger except to turn the page of a novel or a school book.  I weighed in the low nineties until I began lifting with free weights and preparing for a powerlifting meet.  I always had the curvature to my stomach that I have now and thicker thighs and a very thick butt (genetics on both sides of the family).  But my arms, shoulders, and back were tiny.  I'm very small boned.  The pictures are deceiving because you think I'm bigger and taller than what I actually am.  Everyone--when they meet me--always exclaims, "You're soooo tiny!!"

It is only this past year that I have begun to create balance between my upper body and my lower body.

I am a 100% lifetime natural competitor, so what I tell you about the changes to my physique have occurred due to an extreme, Type A work ethic in the gym and with nutrition.  If my trainer says, "Don't cheat,"  I don't cheat.  Period.  If the food isn't listed on my diet, then it doesn't go in my mouth.  When gum is taken away from me, I even listen to that.  I have the willpower of ... of ... of ...  I don't know.  I have willpower made of steel when it comes to this industry.  I'm a very stubborn person and when I get my sights set on a goal that I truly want, I make it happen.

In my members' section, I post weekly progress pictures so that people can see how my body transforms from January 1st to the day of competition.  There is definitely a difference.  I want to be honest about what a competitor's normal, healthy off season body will look like as opposed to the depleted stage presence that is normally photographed.  It makes it easier for women to understand and accept their own bodies.

I personally have gotten ready for a show in six weeks.  I've done it in eight.  And I've done it in twelve.  I prefer something between ten and twelve because my face doesn't appear so gaunt, and the cardio length per day isn't as high for as long.  But I also rarely allow myself to go past the ten to twelve pound weight gain in the off season.  The one off season that I did get a little crazy, I hated it and found I had utmost problems losing the last bit of fat and water.

If you are truly interested in competing, I would suggest cleaning things up now.  Don't go cold turkey, but start putting yourself on a regimented schedule and plan out your cheat meals.  Stick to the plan.  Do not deviate.  Give yourself a day off here and there for the holidays, but as of January 1st, hit it hard.  Ease into a competition prep schedule at the 16 week mark and then tighten up at the 14 week mark.  By the 12 week mark, you will be on a much stricter plan and cutting out the cheat meals totally depending upon how lean you want to get and how your body reacts to various foods.

The eight week mark is the do or die point.

The four week mark is the no return.

And you should be ready to step on stage--minus water droppage and a little refinement--by the two week mark.

Of course, it all depends upon what look you want for your body and what type of competition and federation you would choose.

I do have some off season photos in the public gallery of my website.  PM me, and I'll direct you to them.  And feel free to ask questions.  I didn't get to this point without help from other girls in this industry, so I feel it's only fair that I return the favor to current up-and-comers.
Jodi

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2006, 06:19:06 PM »
Stella, thanks for the additional inspiration. I am trying to be realistic; between so many of the figure models that I have seen on this forum, I have a desire to look as good. I am just wondering about how long did it take for different ones like Jodi, Laura & Dina. I love the strength, shape & tone of their bodies.

Deedee, thank you for the additional clarification and I will implement your suggestions.

Mimi6
I've been working at it for almost 2 years, but have really just recently started working towards a contest goal.  I have a fat pic on mike's website, lol.  I was 165lbs at 5'4".
:D Weee

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2006, 07:13:52 PM »
hi!  :)
Sorry Goat, but you need to accept the rules of this board in order to post here.  :-\
:D Weee

Mimi6

• Getbig II
  • "I want 2 B Curvy"
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2006, 03:18:29 PM »
Sorry Goat, but you need to accept the rules of this board in order to post here.  :-\

I guess there was a bad post?

I've been working at it for almost 2 years, but have really just recently started working towards a contest goal.  I have a fat pic on mike's website, lol.  I was 165lbs at 5'4".

Laura, I like the way your body is shaped up. You are a little taller than me, but I like the definition you have even though you are still working towards the competitors physique.

Jodi, you have given me sooo much great advice that I need to print it off so I can begin to apply it. My husband & I plan to invest in a Smith Machine for our house, we have some equipment now and some free weights but are ready to get more serious.

Anytime anyone wants to give more training and nutrition advice, I am open to all that I can get. This has been overwhelming motivating.

Thanks & keep it coming :)
Mimi6

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2006, 04:39:41 PM »
Just curious, which one?
you!! from what i see of you in the blue shorts that ass looks plenty thick and round.

Mimi6

• Getbig II
  • "I want 2 B Curvy"
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2006, 02:06:06 AM »
you!! from what i see of you in the blue shorts that ass looks plenty thick and round.

Why, Thank You. I don't think so, or should I say; it is not what I want it to be. I have cellulite that you can not see in the pic. It's not as firm or round as I want it.

But, in all truthfullness that is not all I am looking for; I want to sculpt the whole body. I have always loved my legs, with the exception of the fact that they are beginning to rub together. I want to be toned and sculpted but not overly ripped. I am not sure yet if I want to compete. I like a more curvaceous definition.

Mimi6