Author Topic: Heavy lifting  (Read 3972 times)

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
Heavy lifting
« on: December 01, 2006, 04:29:18 PM »
So I went down to Florida for vacation....had a great time in Disneyworld...

Went to my parent's house for thanksgiving dinner.  My stepmother wanted me to move a landscaping rock for her that they had delivered a week before.  The rock weighed 590 pounds according to the reciept from the place they bought it from.  Not only did I manage to lift this rock off the ground, i was able to carry it about 30 feet from the curb where it was dropped off to the garden next to the driveway. 

No belt, no lifting straps, no chalk.

590 pound stone....an 800 lb deadlift can't be that far away.

suck on that haters  8)

Livewire

• Getbig IV
  • I call Nasser.
Re: Heavy lifting
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 04:31:20 PM »
Nasser called Palumbo an acromegalion

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 07:43:45 AM »

Went to my parent's house for thanksgiving dinner.  My stepmother wanted me to move a landscaping rock for her that they had delivered a week before.  The rock weighed 590 pounds according to the reciept from the place they bought it from.  Not only did I manage to lift this rock off the ground, i was able to carry it about 30 feet from the curb where it was dropped off to the garden next to the driveway. 

suck on that haters  8)

ok so let me get this straight, you lifted a stone that Kazmaier, Pudzianowski, Savikas, Phister or any of the top strongmen who ever lived couldn't have lifted and ALSO CARRIED IT THIRTY FEET? hahahahahahaahaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok kegdrainer. ::)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 07:46:47 AM »

suck on that haters  8)

You can be a powerlifter and still have a decent BF%, bro.

It's a matter of diet and staying away from those kegs.

Don't use your lifting as an excuse to be a slob.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 07:56:08 AM »
You lifted 590 by yourself?  ::) Never occurred to ask for help? What about rolling it?

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 07:57:03 AM »
You lifted 590 by yourself?  ::) Never occurred to ask for help?
i think he means that he operated the controls of the forklift by himself.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 08:04:54 AM »

suck on that haters  8)

800 lbs deadlift?

I'd say you would smoke 1200 lbs easily, considering how you manhandled the 590 lbs stone, champ. ::)

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

mar10s

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 08:16:04 AM »
So...what does the had a great time at disney have to do with it?

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 08:18:22 AM »
So...what does the had a great time at disney have to do with it?
It's a similar fantasy world. ;D Thanks for the setup.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 08:22:15 AM »
this crazy fucker has the best stories!

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2006, 08:38:08 AM »
If it was such a great accomplishment why didn't you take a picture of the rock? oh let me guess, you didn't have a camera on hand...

cock sucking piece of shit...next time help your grandma change her diaper

Here comes the money shot

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2006, 08:40:14 AM »
I'm not one to mock people's lifting claims but I call bullshit on this one too.

Dr. D

• Getbig III
  • Vince and Derek: Match made in GetBig Heaven!
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2006, 08:44:02 AM »
If it was such a great accomplishment why didn't you take a picture of the rock? oh let me guess, you didn't have a camera on hand...

;D ;D ;D

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2006, 08:48:45 AM »

hahahahahahaha.

Stavios

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2006, 08:53:46 AM »
The only way you could deadlift 800 pounds is if the prizemoney would be a whole night of love with UKGold and his strap-on

god you would be motivated !!  :o

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2006, 08:58:36 AM »
Only in Florida do people actually buy rocks.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2006, 08:59:53 AM »
Only in Florida do people actually buy rocks.

Something tells me it's hollow and made of plastic:  ;)

http://www.stacksandstacks.com/html/product558_0.htm?source=goog&keyword={artificial%20rocks}

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2006, 09:01:19 AM »
it was a resin rock, like a prop on a movie set. tool thought it was real...hahahah

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2006, 09:01:31 AM »
 ::)

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2006, 09:12:59 AM »
Having worked at a rock, sand and gravel plant for a couple of summers, I would have to say no way to that 590lb lift and than walking with it for 30ft. Gripping would be the main problem in holding that boulder (that's a boulder at that weight and probably has a extremely smooth surface) in the first place. In the second  place you would have to get very close and very low to start the lift. Unless you have an arm reach of a starting NBA center, you could not get the hands under the center of balance. I would doubt very much if you could even roll such a boulder on that (probably) uneven ground, even if the boulder was a perfect round. Why people tell such stories on the internet still puzzles me. What do they gain?

A couple of guy's at that plant I worked at were into 55 gal oil drums lifting. Weighted around 550 full of diesel, if I remember right. They hi-pulled the to a little less than chest high by gripping the narrow rims of the barrels on each end. That was impressive raw power and finger strength. It was even harder when the barrels were half full and all the oil inside moved around, shifting the weight as you lifted. These guy's were not trained lifter's, just a couple of big, good old boy's blessed with raw strength potential.

At the old gym I trained at we had an old refrigerator in the back lot. Some of the guy's would just bear hug the thing, lift it and carry it around the fence for a few yards. That to me was very impressive.  Good Luck.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2006, 09:14:25 AM »
Having worked at a rock, sand and gravel plant for a couple of summers, I would have to say no way to that 590lb lift and than walking with it for 30ft. Gripping would be the main problem in holding that boulder (that's a boulder at that weight and probably has a extremely smooth surface) in the first place. In the second  place you would have to get very close and very low to start the lift. Unless you have an arm reach of a starting NBA center, you could not get the hands under the center of balance. I would doubt very much if you could even roll such a boulder on that (probably) uneven ground, even if the boulder was a perfect round. Why people tell such stories on the internet still puzzles me. What do they gain?

A couple of guy's at that plant I worked at were into 55 gal oil drums lifting. Weighted around 550 full of diesel, if I remember right. They hi-pulled the to a little less than chest high by gripping the narrow rims of the barrels on each end. That was impressive raw power and finger strength. It was even harder when the barrels were half full and all the oil inside moved around, shifting the weight as you lifted. These guy's were not trained lifter's, just a couple of big, good old boy's blessed with raw strength potential.

At the old gym I trained at we had an old refrigerator in the back lot. Some of the guy's would just bear hug the thing, lift it and carry it around the fence for a few yards. That to me was very impressive.  Good Luck.
hahahahahaha, another bullshit post from the great "JPM".

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2006, 09:16:51 AM »
The Kegerator

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2006, 10:34:12 AM »
What a bunch of bullshit...

this board never ends with all these internet strongest man in the world claims...

8)

Has Beens

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2006, 10:41:40 AM »
Here is the only rock you lifted to come up with a tale like this.