Author Topic: Would you fight Kimbo  (Read 5147 times)

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
Would you fight Kimbo
« on: December 01, 2006, 08:27:48 PM »
RIP Bob Probert

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
Re: Would you fight Kimbo
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 08:35:39 PM »
tough dude but also it's easy to look good agangst un trained fighters. He got beat a few times already ;)
Plus all he can do is boxe.
P

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 08:43:19 PM »
tough dude but also it's easy to look good agangst un trained fighters. He got beat a few times already ;)
Plus all he can do is boxe.

Most recent fight he throws elbows.  I know he has been training muay thai, as well as BJJ at American Top Team.  Not good enough to fight pros, but definitely a tough dude.  I wouldn't fight him. 

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 08:45:30 PM »
Nope. Not his style of fight anyway. Gloves and a ring is one thing, but in a backyard or boatdock against that beast? Fuck that.
E

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 08:50:32 PM »
If the question is would i fight him???? not if i didint have to lol and He can SURE take a punch!
P

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 09:19:09 PM »
If I had to, I'd try and take it to the ground. Even if he has been training with the American Top Team, there's no way he's as technical as I am on the ground. Trading hands with him would end badly for me.

Either way, it's not my idea of a good time.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 09:27:25 PM »
If I had to, I'd try and take it to the ground. Even if he has been training with the American Top Team, there's no way he's as technical as I am on the ground. Trading hands with him would end badly for me.

Either way, it's not my idea of a good time.

Of course his entourage would jump in. You've haven't seen the Gannon fight?
TEAM REPTILIAN

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 09:34:43 PM »
ya that was helarious
P

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 09:57:07 PM »
I think Kimbo could beat a lightheavy fighter like Ortiz or Chuck.

His chin is like a rock. Strong as hell too.

Course, if chuck was as big he would beat him easily.
TEAM REPTILIAN

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2006, 09:58:59 PM »
I think Kimbo could beat a lightheavy fighter like Ortiz or Chuck.

His chin is like a rock. Strong as hell too.

Course, if chuck was as big he would beat him easily.

No chance in hell. He couldn't beat Gannon. Tito or Chuck would make him look like a bitch. Put him in a ring with Bob Sapp for a "gimmick" fight, but not Chuck or Tito.
E

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 10:08:34 PM »
he couldent beat any of those fighters dude or he'd be there fighting instead he is also too old to be competative with pro fighters.
P

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 10:29:49 PM »
How do you know? Chuck would look small next to a beast like Kimbo.
It wouldn't even be allowed because of the weight difference. IMO, Kimbo would have a good chance at beating Chuck. Look at Rampage Vs. Chuck at Pride. Rampage wasn't intimidated by Chuck and walked right through him. This is my opinion and we'll never know, but I still feel Kimbo could KO a lightweight top level striker from the UFC. Chuck is still far better pound/pound obviously. It's just an interesting 'what if' scenario.

He's not in the UFC because he would be dominated by any fighter in his weight class. I'm talking a hypothetical Kimbo vs. LH standup primary fighter like Chuck or Ortiz.
TEAM REPTILIAN

student

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2006, 08:58:52 AM »
kimbo is a beast with some boxing skills.  He doesn't flinch when fired on, stays low , and knows how to throw combos. 

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2006, 10:57:08 AM »
How do you know? Chuck would look small next to a beast like Kimbo.
It wouldn't even be allowed because of the weight difference. IMO, Kimbo would have a good chance at beating Chuck. Look at Rampage Vs. Chuck at Pride. Rampage wasn't intimidated by Chuck and walked right through him. This is my opinion and we'll never know, but I still feel Kimbo could KO a lightweight top level striker from the UFC. Chuck is still far better pound/pound obviously. It's just an interesting 'what if' scenario.

He's not in the UFC because he would be dominated by any fighter in his weight class. I'm talking a hypothetical Kimbo vs. LH standup primary fighter like Chuck or Ortiz.

Chack will cut to make 205.  Chack would MURDER Kimbo.  It isn't even close.  And BTW, Ortiz is not a primarilly stand up fighter, he is a wrestler first, who has added subs, and stand up. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2006, 10:58:29 AM »
Liddell by eye-gouge.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2006, 11:00:07 AM »
Liddell by eye-gouge.

Rewatched the Horn fight, must always be wary of the Kempo eye poke. 

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2006, 02:56:34 PM »
Kimbo is a goob boxer but what peeps gotta realize is anyone looks good againgst an infirior opponent
In other words he has some skill but none of his opponets fight well at all exept for that guy who beat him and he just did minor MMA stuff.
P

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2006, 07:10:53 PM »
Kimbo is a goob boxer but what peeps gotta realize is anyone looks good againgst an infirior opponent
In other words he has some skill but none of his opponets fight well at all exept for that guy who beat him and he just did minor MMA stuff.

Gannon is a golden gloves boxer, but nowhere near the capabilities of some of the fighters mentioned.  He fought once in the UFC and lost quickly to Brandon Hinkle.  Gannon isn't up to the level of good strikers. 

student

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2006, 08:35:52 PM »
this is very true.  easy to be aggresive if you know your opponent can't hurt you.

DNewbie

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2006, 06:22:18 AM »

At his style of fighting (in the streets), he is frickin incredible. Both of those guys in the recent video were big dudes. The guy he fought in the backyard in another video was a big dude with some skills. I love watching Kimbo throw it down!!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2006, 09:42:34 AM »
Kimbo has some decent boxing skills but look at the retards he's fighting in the majority of his videos. Some fat bald guy, a fat guy with a afro and a collection of other wannabe badasses.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2006, 04:18:26 PM »
I think he'd make a good opponent for Tank.

Sapp would kill him imo.
TEAM REPTILIAN

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006, 12:17:51 PM »
I think he'd make a good opponent for Tank.

Sapp would kill him imo.

Sapp would be terrible in a bareknucke boxing match.  MMA okay, bareknuckle bad. 

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2006, 02:18:48 PM »
I wouldn't box his ass by his rules but a no rules bout would be different.  Run what you brung!  Any lightheavy mma guy with 10 or so fights that has a decent amount of skill would own kimbo.  Chuck, Tito, Wandy...this would be a slaughter feast!  They would make him look like a fuggin 10yr old boy!  Gannon is a tuff dude but in no way is half the man as the above mentioned! 

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2006, 07:32:22 PM »
I wouldn't box his ass by his rules but a no rules bout would be different.  Run what you brung!  Any lightheavy mma guy with 10 or so fights that has a decent amount of skill would own kimbo.  Chuck, Tito, Wandy...this would be a slaughter feast!  They would make him look like a fuggin 10yr old boy!  Gannon is a tuff dude but in no way is half the man as the above mentioned! 

Kimbo shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Chack, Tito, Wandy.