Author Topic: superman 2 The Richard Donner Cut Vs. Superman 2 The Lester version  (Read 861 times)

jumpstart

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I finally saw The Richard Donner Cut of Superman 2 and all I can say is that I was very impressed with the results. It's good to see many of the scenes restored where Richard intended it to be. It really was like watching a brand new Superman movie from scratch. There were a few scenes still in this one that Richard Lester still had in it but overall this was the Richard Donner surprise we all been waiting for. It's good tho to have the Richard Lester version of Superman 2 so you can compare with the Donner one. Anyway if you haven't seen the Donner cut yet I highly recommend it.

Slick Vic

Re: superman 2 The Richard Donner Cut Vs. Superman 2 The Lester version
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 06:03:19 AM »
I enjoyed it as well. Although I will say that Lester's version of how Lois Lane finds out Clark Kent is Superman [Kent's glasses falling in fire, reaching in to grab them real quick without a burn] is a lil' better than Donner's version [Lois Lane shooting at Clark Kent] I thought it was really cool the way they ended Superman II with Superman rotating the earth to turn back time - again!  8)

jumpstart

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: superman 2 The Richard Donner Cut Vs. Superman 2 The Lester version
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 12:25:51 PM »
i'll get the lester verion on dvd soon.