Author Topic: Has any body heard that Fedor is signed to fight for Bodog in March?  (Read 5615 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Fedor Emelianenko , the consensus top fighter in the heavyweight division and widely regarded as the best pound-for-pound mixed martial artist in the sport, has agreed to fight in St. Petersburg, Russia, on March 3, sources inside the Bodog front office confirmed to Sherdog.com Friday.

With one bout remaining on his Dream Stage Entertainment contract, Emelianenko is scheduled to defend his PRIDE heavyweight belt in Japan versus Mark Hunt on New Year's Eve. While a clause in Emelianenko's current deal allows the Russian to compete in his home country, one Bodog source indicated that the well-financed company intends to sign Fedor to a long-term deal.

Considering Bodog's working relationship with Fedor's Red Devil Fight Team, from which eight fighters will compete on bodogFIGHT's initial pay-per-view Saturday in Vancouver, this revelation is not all that surprising.

At a minimum, Bodog has inked a deal with Fedor to fight March 3, likely versus recent UFC championship contender Jeff Monson . Also on the card, which will be broadcast on worldwide pay-per-view, both via the Internet and television, Sherdog.com was told that Aleksander Emelianenko  will fight Antonio Silva , should the Brazilian heavyweight defeat Eric Pele  Saturday.

(Source Sherdog)
Predictions
 40/61

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
Re: Has any body heard that Fedor is signed to fight for Bodog in March?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 10:58:18 AM »
Fedor Emelianenko , the consensus top fighter in the heavyweight division and widely regarded as the best pound-for-pound mixed martial artist in the sport, has agreed to fight in St. Petersburg, Russia, on March 3, sources inside the Bodog front office confirmed to Sherdog.com Friday.

With one bout remaining on his Dream Stage Entertainment contract, Emelianenko is scheduled to defend his PRIDE heavyweight belt in Japan versus Mark Hunt on New Year's Eve. While a clause in Emelianenko's current deal allows the Russian to compete in his home country, one Bodog source indicated that the well-financed company intends to sign Fedor to a long-term deal.

Considering Bodog's working relationship with Fedor's Red Devil Fight Team, from which eight fighters will compete on bodogFIGHT's initial pay-per-view Saturday in Vancouver, this revelation is not all that surprising.

At a minimum, Bodog has inked a deal with Fedor to fight March 3, likely versus recent UFC championship contender Jeff Monson . Also on the card, which will be broadcast on worldwide pay-per-view, both via the Internet and television, Sherdog.com was told that Aleksander Emelianenko  will fight Antonio Silva , should the Brazilian heavyweight defeat Eric Pele  Saturday.

(Source Sherdog)

I hope Zuffa gets in the running to sign Fedor to a long term deal.  Him in the cage would be awesome.  Can you say GNP with elbows? 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 11:06:42 AM »
I hope Zuffa gets in the running to sign Fedor to a long term deal.  Him in the cage would be awesome.  Can you say GNP with elbows? 

Can you say boring as hell?

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 11:17:47 AM »

What's boring about Fedor?

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 11:33:26 AM »

I'd say TKO.  Especially when your head is pinned up against the fence. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 11:37:09 AM »

Nothing, I'm talking more about the level of competition in the UFC heavyweight division. Can you honestly say any fighter in there would last more than one round with him? One round is a stretch even, I'm thinking 2 minutes.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 11:43:05 AM »
Nothing, I'm talking more about the level of competition in the UFC heavyweight division. Can you honestly say any fighter in there would last more than one round with him? One round is a stretch even, I'm thinking 2 minutes.

True dat.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 11:50:06 AM »
I've realized that shirt he's wearing is awesome.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 11:54:41 AM »
I've realized that shirt he's wearing is awesome.

Fedor is really 5'11, I wonder if he could cut to 205.  I would love to see him versus Chack. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 12:25:34 PM »
Fedor is really 5'11, I wonder if he could cut to 205.  I would love to see him versus Chack. 

He probably could but I think it would probably be a pain for him. I doubt he's ever done anything like that and I suspect he might lose a step. I think Minotauro said something about his extra bodyfat and thickness making him very hard to hold onto when grappling. Plus, the Russian people like him generally carry a higher bodyfat to begin with due to their climate. It would be interesting to see a ripped Fedor, though.

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2006, 01:43:19 PM »

Now I hear what you're saying ;D.

The shirt does say it all...

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2006, 05:05:47 PM »
Fedor is funny because he always looks bored, and he just doesn't have a physique that says best in the world. It's shocking to know he's the greatest until you see him actually down a 400 pound Zulu with one punch.
TEAM REPTILIAN

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 12:36:37 PM »
Fedor is funny because he always looks bored, and he just doesn't have a physique that says best in the world. It's shocking to know he's the greatest until you see him actually down a 400 pound Zulu with one punch.

well and the guy doesnt look much like a fighter.... if you saw him walking down the street and dint know who he was he would look like just another russian on the street..... Which would suck if you popped off with the wrong shit,...

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 07:57:26 PM »
exactly.
TEAM REPTILIAN

davinci

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2006, 03:04:04 PM »
he is still with pride. he is only signed to fight 1 fight for bodog in front of his countrymen. hes done it before

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2006, 06:20:22 PM »
he is still with pride. he is only signed to fight 1 fight for bodog in front of his countrymen. hes done it before

Technically he has one fight left on his Pride contract, and after that he could leave at any time, same with Mirko.  I just don't see Fedor vacating his title for good, his contract with Pride states he can fight in another org. as long as the fight takes place in Russia.  The point is he is fighting in a new org. that has the potential to become a threat to both the UFC and Pride, the shows he fought at before weren't of this caliber.
Predictions
 40/61

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 06:23:56 PM »
Technically he has one fight left on his Pride contract, and after that he could leave at any time, same with Mirko.  I just don't see Fedor vacating his title for good, his contract with Pride states he can fight in another org. as long as the fight takes place in Russia.  The point is he is fighting in a new org. that has the potential to become a threat to both the UFC and Pride, the shows he fought at before weren't of this caliber.

If Bodog can do with this MMA org what they did with their online gambling and betting, they should be quite the legitimate force. They're a marketing beast.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2006, 06:51:18 PM »
If Bodog can do with this MMA org what they did with their online gambling and betting, they should be quite the legitimate force. They're a marketing beast.

Getting Fedor on one of their cards is a damn good start.
Predictions
 40/61

Man of Courage

• Getbig I
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2006, 07:54:06 PM »
I think Fedor schools anybody in the UFC heavyweight or light heavyweight.
eastcoastfighter.com

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2006, 07:45:14 AM »

where can I get that shirt?

I think he looks tough.  He has that blank stare that many serial killers have

E
E

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2006, 01:55:26 PM »
can anyone beat fedor? i mean really  i know everyone is beatable but i just don't see it happening anytime soon with this guy
irongearco.com