Author Topic: Advice needed  (Read 831 times)

body88

Advice needed
« on: December 02, 2006, 12:50:55 PM »
On a new tv. I saw a thread about this awhile back. My girl is going to buy me a new tv for Christmas. Should I go with the plasma or the lcd? The high end samsung plasmas had the best picture when I looked at tv's. I want a 46", or around that size. What are some good brand's? I know electronics but not much about tv's. Some of the Sony's looked nice. I thought the best picture was on those big samsung plasmas. It was about 3k. Is it worth it?

Thanks.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 12:52:06 PM »
lcd

I don't really know why other than we have one and I likes it :)
R

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 01:04:17 PM »
On a new tv. I saw a thread about this awhile back. My girl is going to buy me a new tv for Christmas. Should I go with the plasma or the lcd? The high end samsung plasmas had the best picture when I looked at tv's. I want a 46", or around that size. What are some good brand's? I know electronics but not much about tv's. Some of the Sony's looked nice. I thought the best picture was on those big samsung plasmas. It was about 3k. Is it worth it?

Thanks.

Brand recommendations are helpful but only as a guide. Really the only way is to visit a place or two with huge selections, and go through everything. Sleep on it, go back a second time and look through the better ones you've chosen from the previous day. Forget brand names, just go with what appeals. In most but not all cases, each company makes bigger and smaller versions.

After that, hook it into a multi-speaker stereo for better sound.

body88

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 01:10:58 PM »
I have a big sony with a sony surround sound system now. I was wondering if there was any brands to stay away from when It came to plasmas and lcd tv's.

Thanks for the advice.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 01:36:41 PM »
You're welcome.

;D
R

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 01:39:01 PM »
Get a LCD making sure it has full support for 1080p output.

That's 1080p, don't mistake TV's who's support ends at 1080i as 1080p, that P is very important.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 10:03:37 PM »
Plasmas are a pain.  I remember VPX sposnored my show and instead fo shipping Plasmas screen that they had back home they rent them from here for $10,000 for 5 or 6 of them.  Shipping them is very fragile cause I guess the plasma inside can't be upside down or something like that.  I am getting a 60" LCD frm Costco for my Christmas present to myself this year. I am making a very nice home office and I like to have the TV on while I work.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 10:43:01 PM »
  Those big t.v's are cool but I can think of a lot better stuff to spend 3 grand on. My parents have a 52" and it is cool but not THAT cool...at least not to me.

But it is great to watch football on.