Author Topic: Kramer Victim Defense Attorney Owned On Adam Corrola Show  (Read 2117 times)

civello_06

• Getbig II
Kramer Victim Defense Attorney Owned On Adam Corrola Show
« on: December 02, 2006, 01:11:50 PM »
Although this has nothing to do with bbing, the Kramer incedent seems to have garned quit a bit of attention on this board.I heard something quit interesting on the Adam Corrola show just this last Thursday and would like to hear what some of the intelligent people on this board have to say about it.

Ace invited Gloria Olarte, the attorney representing the two "victims" of Kramers tirade at the Laugh Factory onto his show to discuss her "case" as well as the possibility they may seek recompenstation from Michael Richards.She revealed that she had also represented Amber Frey, as you may remember her from the Scott Peterson trial.Ms. Olarte launched into a tirade claiming that Mr. Richard's words have damaged her clients lives and that they were possibly thinking of pursueing a civil lawsuit for money to get recompensation.At this, Ace asked Ms. Olarte to answer a hypethitical question.The question was this:
If the two hecklers that had been siting in the audience had not been black and had been overwieght instead,and Mr. Richards had launched into a lashing of fat people, would you still be making as big a deal about it or seeking recompensation?

Ms. Olarte flatly refused to answer the question.She claimed that this was a racial issue and that racism isnt talked about enough in this country.Ace then asked why she wouldnt answer a hypethetical question and stated that the reason she wouldnt answer it was because she knew if she did she would hurt or possibly destroy her case.Olarte gave a weak retorte by claiming that the words Richard's used were much more hurtfull than anything he could have said to an overwieght person and that they were victims.Ace stated that you could be a victim of arson, you can be a victim of murder or rape or something straight out.However, how do you access wether or not someone is a victim of words.Ace said if someone called him a cracker or a honkey, as these two hecklers did so to Kramer, and it doesnt bother him then who cares, not to mention there is no physical damage.

Ms. Olarte then showed her true colors by accusing Adam Corrola of being a racist.Ace laughed at the fact that a lawyer, someone with a law degree and claims to be a civil rights attorney, would act like such a child.He told her that if she would not answer his hypethitical question then he was going to get off the phone.She hung up angrily.My questions are:

1.If this civil rights attorney can get backed into a corner and behave like a child when being cross examined by a radio DJ, how does she possibly think she will be able to defend herself against the high priced defense attorneys Michael Richards will indefenently show up into court with?\

2.If she cannot convince a radio DJ that these two morons deserve recompensation, or even come close to produceing a wining argument, how will she convince a judge or jury that they do?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Kramer Victim Defense Attorney Owned On Adam Corrola Show
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 07:15:40 AM »
1.If this civil rights attorney can get backed into a corner and behave like a child when being cross examined by a radio DJ, how does she possibly think she will be able to defend herself against the high priced defense attorneys Michael Richards will indefenently show up into court with?\

First of all, it won't be the attorney on the stand getting cross examined or needing to defend herself

2.If she cannot convince a radio DJ that these two morons deserve recompensation, or even come close to produceing a wining argument, how will she convince a judge or jury that they do?

Maybe it's not so much a matter of can't as much as is it won't. The radio DJ's opinion or verdict is irrelevant. It may be relevant in that he has a voice and can influence plenty of listeners, however the court of public opinion means nothing. It's what the jury believes that will count. She may be saving her best stuff for them. {shrug} who knows?  :-\
w

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 07:30:41 AM »
they shouldn't get a dime.  Stupid asses.  I'm sure they've been called the same by others, including their own race.  This time it was done with someone who has money so they saw an opportunity to cash in.

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 07:38:21 AM »
they shouldn't get a dime.  Stupid asses.  I'm sure they've been called the same by others, including their own race.  This time it was done with someone who has money so they saw an opportunity to cash in.

It's the American way

civello_06

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 10:31:49 AM »
First of all, it won't be the attorney on the stand getting cross examined or needing to defend herself

No shit.Im not sure why you thought I was implying the defense attorney was being cros examined when I was simply stating that the dj was cross exaining her on the air.I was implying nothing as to what would happen in the courtroom, just wondering how she was hoping to defend herself and her case agaist the high priced defense lawyers who will undoubtebly tear her case apart.I dont mean to be rude I just think you misunderstood.

Maybe it's not so much a matter of can't as much as is it won't. The radio DJ's opinion or verdict is irrelevant. It may be relevant in that he has a voice and can influence plenty of listeners, however the court of public opinion means nothing. It's what the jury believes that will count. She may be saving her best stuff for them. {shrug} who knows?  :-\

Once again, I understand the radio dj's voice is irrelevent.However, if you were to listen to the broadcast and here how a dj with no background whatsoever in courtroom tactics or legal matter remained calm and simply tore her and her case to shreds you would see how I would question how the hell she expects to depend herself against other lawyers who have experience in the courtroom. Not to mention she pulled the race card on ace, which is just the same as throwing her hands up in the air and giving up.

civello_06

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 10:32:29 AM »

No shit.Im not sure why you thought I was implying the defense attorney was being cros examined when I was simply stating that the dj was cross exaining her on the air.I was implying nothing as to what would happen in the courtroom, just wondering how she was hoping to defend herself and her case agaist the high priced defense lawyers who will undoubtebly tear her case apart.I dont mean to be rude I just think you misunderstood.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 10:43:16 AM »
she doesn't want a jury - she wants a 'retired judge'.

she wants to blow the trumpet to get him in negotiations, then have it as quiet as possible, as her clients couldn't stand up to the public pressure.  They were at fault that day too, and are certainly not deserving of $5m

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 12:03:48 PM »

I agree. 

And it's "Gloria Allred." 

civello_06

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 12:34:44 PM »
I agree. 

And it's "Gloria Allred." 
Read my reply to his post.You sem to be more interested in tearing apart the post then giving feedback.Thank you for the clarifictaion on spelling.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 12:46:03 PM »
Read my reply to his post.You sem to be more interested in tearing apart the post then giving feedback.Thank you for the clarifictaion on spelling.

O.K.  I read your reply.  Again.  I still agree with Jag. 

civello_06

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 02:08:41 PM »
O.K.  I read your reply.  Again.  I still agree with Jag. 
Then apparently your skills dont extend to reading comprehension.Its one thing to disagree.Its another to misunderstand the post.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2006, 05:53:24 AM »
Then apparently your skills dont extend to reading comprehension.Its one thing to disagree.Its another to misunderstand the post.

Actually civello_06, it is YOU who has failed to comprehend the situation at hand.

Gloria Allred will have nothing to defend. It is Richards and his lawyers who must defend.

Hope that Clarifies,
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 07:33:44 AM »
Actually civello_06, it is YOU who has failed to comprehend the situation at hand.

Gloria Allred will have nothing to defend. It is Richards and his lawyers who must defend.

Hope that Clarifies,

I agree again.   :) 

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 08:09:37 AM »

"Gloria Allred." 

She supposed to be a civil rights lawyer, but she only seems to take the high profile cases that will bring her fame and fortune.  A real phony who gives civil rights a bad name.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2006, 10:13:18 AM »
She supposed to be a civil rights lawyer, but she only seems to take the high profile cases that will bring her fame and fortune.  A real phony who gives civil rights a bad name.

She is the most irritating woman in America IMO. 

body88

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2006, 10:41:51 AM »
Something tells me the "victims" case may be damaged by them loudly heckling Richards. Then calling him a cracker after he made the comments ::) Can the innocent white people in the audience sue the black men for using the term cracker?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2006, 10:44:33 AM »
Unfortunately, it doesn't really matter that they have a very weak case.  Deep pocket defendants almost always settle.  That's why Allred is all over this.  She wants a nuisance value settlement.   

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2006, 10:47:17 AM »
She is the most irritating woman in America IMO. 

No doubt, a media whore to the enth degree, these people might have been offended, but they were not damaged in anyway, they're opportunists nothing more nothing less, same thing with Gloria Allred!

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2006, 10:51:53 AM »
FVCK them both!!

People need to lighten the fvck up.

body88

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2006, 10:54:46 AM »
Unfortunately, it doesn't really matter that they have a very weak case.  Deep pocket defendants almost always settle.  That's why Allred is all over this.  She wants a nuisance value settlement.   

True dat yo. Richards will pay to make this event die.

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2006, 11:01:54 AM »
At a maximum they should get their money back for attending the show.  Anything beyond that is ridiculous.

Opportunity suits that are green lighted only lead to more of them.  Someone needs to put a foot down already.  Using the justice system as a means to win the lottery is not what it was intended for.
BKS - Guardian of Truth

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006, 12:37:53 PM »
I hate that gloria allred. scum of the earth.

the hecklers should get nothing. 
Valhalla awaits.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006, 04:46:15 PM »
Here it is for those who want to hear it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXblQDBbqFI

Haha Owned.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2006, 05:39:35 PM »
It may be relevant in that he has a voice and can influence plenty of listeners, however the court of public opinion means nothing. It's what the jury believes that will count. She may be saving her best stuff for them. {shrug} who knows?  :-\

Actually, being that the jurors represent and are part of the public, the court of public opinion does mean alot and is a pretty good gauge of how the case will go.  This is exactly the reason many cases are moved out of district when the public knows too much about a case and is vocal about it.  If these guys said "Cracker and honkey" to Richards first, this would not even go to court...even if they didn't it wouldn't go to court.  Did anyone hear if this lady responded to the fact that the black guys were spewing racial remarks first?  I sincerely hope that Richards does not give them anything.  If he does it will be bad for anyone in the future.  This stuff happens all the time in comedy clubs, but it's blacks going after whites.  I was at a sinbad show years back and the entuire show was about the white man and all the racist stereotypes associated to us.  I guess I should have sued, lol.