Author Topic: Seriously, check this out, WTF???  (Read 7148 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Seriously, check this out, WTF???
« on: December 02, 2006, 10:35:45 PM »
Read this and deliver your opinions... 

OK, I Lost track of Art Bell after he told me to piss-off sometime in 05... But tonight out of curiosity I tune into his show and hear that he's in the Philippines... I wiki him to see what's up and WTF... 

Death of Ramona Bell

Ramona Bell, his wife of fifteen years, died unexpectedly of what appeared to be an acute asthma attack on January 5, 2006 in Laughlin, Nevada, where the couple was taking a short vacation. Despite having asthma Ramona smoked cigarettes. She was 47 years old. The events surrounding her death were described, in great detail, by Art Bell during the January 22 broadcast of Coast to Coast AM. For weeks thereafter, callers would express their sadness and sympathy for Art Bell to George Noory who had taken Art Bell's place weekdays in 2002 [2].

Change in schedule

On January 21, 2006, just days after the unexpected death of his wife Ramona, Bell announced he would host Coast to Coast AM every Saturday and Sunday evening, announcing at the same time that former weekend host Ian Punnett would work a new live prefeed program for the four hours preceding Bell's slot on Saturday nights (21:00 - 01:00 ET). Punnett's new show is titled Coast to Coast Live with Ian Punnett. The next day when Bell returned to the show, he spent the first hour reliving the death of his wife.

Remarriage

Art & Airyn Ruiz Bell wedding By the end of January, Bell began hinting that he was making a significant life decision, but that he would keep it a secret for at least one year, asking listeners to remind him in 2007 to let them in on it. By March, he was saying that he would soon be taking a "huge risk" and "do something rash." On April 15, 2006, he ended the mystery and, to the mild surprise of listeners, revealed that, after several weeks of mourning, he had recently gone to the Philippines and married Airyn Ruiz, a recent college graduate. Ruiz -- given Bell's private e-mail address by a ham radio friend -- had contacted Bell to offer condolences shortly after Ramona's death. After "dating" via internet video conferencing for "hundreds of hours," the two married one week after Bell arrived in the Philippines to actually meet her in person -- exactly 13 weeks after his wife's death. Bell also paid for his friend -- who was courting Airyn's sister -- to accompany him to the Philippines and marry her. The two couples wed in a double marriage ceremony on April 8, 2006.

On October 7, 2006, Bell announced on Coast to Coast that Ruiz is pregnant with the couple's first child. If their child is born a girl, her name will be Asia; they have yet to choose a name if the child should turn out to be a boy.

Relocation to the Philippines

Art & Airyn Ruiz Bell At the same time, Bell announced he would be leaving his longtime homestead in Nevada and relocating to the Philippines, near Makati, Metro Manila, intending to continue hosting Coast to Coast AM weekend editions via an ISDN connection.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Seriously, check this out, WTF???
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 10:39:08 PM »
Ramona

Airyn Ruiz

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 10:46:48 PM »

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 10:48:51 PM »
His Wife, Ramona at the begining of this year just before dying:  :-\

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 11:04:24 PM »
How did she die? I didn't read that long ass post at the top.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 11:17:53 PM »
For those who can't read a few paragraphs lol....  ;D

Ramona dies of asthma(official cause of deah not determined) on January 5, 2006, By the end of January, Bell began hinting that he was making a significant life decision,... by March, he was saying that he would soon be taking a "huge risk" On April 15, 2006, he ended the mystery and, to the mild surprise of listeners, revealed that, after several weeks of mourning, he had recently gone to the Philippines and married Airyn Ruiz, a recent college graduate. 13 weeks after Ramon's death. He then moved to the philippines.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 11:33:41 PM »
murder was the case that they gave me?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 11:41:01 PM »
murder was the case that they gave me?
Yea, that's what I was wondering but I was just curious what other people thought...  Caution, I just found out from one page that posted his e-mails, he's running around the net threatening to sue people who mention the M word :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 11:48:18 PM »
I'd guess more likely a Plan B.  As people get older, they realize the importance of getting the most out of life.  Once he knew his wife was going to pass on, he might have lined up the next dish.  And as a well to do american, he probably had his pick of the litter over there.