Author Topic: Hey 240 Opinion Wanted  (Read 621 times)

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
Hey 240 Opinion Wanted
« on: December 03, 2006, 12:10:10 AM »
so I went to see a buddy of mine in a band sing.  Anyways, this band called Midday Rival opened.  And I thought they were fucking unbelievable, especially for some local unknown band.  www.middayrivalmusic.com is their site andthere are links to 4 songs done live.  I know you are in a band, so give me your honest opinion.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Hey 240 Opinion Wanted
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 12:29:48 AM »
Good energy, awkward stage togetherness (that gets better with watching other bands play, and spending time together and working on moves/not moving, together.  When the bass player stands still, one hops, and the other head nods, it's not tight visually.  Get them together and it'll look ten times better.

There were some magic moments/commercial viability.  I think they should each save up $1000 and hit the studio - I think a lot of those harmonies and cool bass/guitar descents would be incredible in the studio with guitars holding down the ass underneath.

Look - work on it, of course.

They could get signed if they got tighter, made a good record and focused on finding 3 very memorable songs with awesome hook/chorus, and became the hottest shit in their town.  Vocals were not too bad.  how old are they?  My advice would be stay at it, and more importantly, spend 5 nights a week hanging out downtown with other bands getting to know everyone.

Twisted Method - my band used to play with them a lot.  Those dudes were downtown 7 nights a week, just watching bands and shooting the shit.  When they had a record exec come out and watch them, they spent the week getting everyone in town to come see them and scream their heads off.  They had a line around the block and everyone in the place knew them and lovedd them, when the Geffen (?) rep came out to see them.  They rocked, but they owned the crowd, titties everywhere, etc etc... they looked like rock stars.  And they were signed over breakfast that night following the show, or so the legend goes.  That one show - NO DEMO - and they were signed. 

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 12:45:33 AM »
cool i appreciate that--they are young 19 at most.  shitloads of energy and sound very good live--the vidoes dont do them justice for their live sound.  Im gonna put a link for them to what you said on their message board--maybe they will contact you for advice and web site upgrading.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 12:54:21 AM »
Sweet.  Anyone can make it. Just gotta look good up there, write stuff that'll work on at least 2 radio formats, and own your hometown and make them think you can own any hometown.  Best of luck to them!

And the videos, live sound, I totally understand that.  Their choruses and bass/guitar blends did grab me - they should get in the studio asap with someone decent and record on digital not analog.  And be ready to spend.  But it'll be worth it.