Author Topic: Rumsfeld told Bush Iraq strategy was failing  (Read 744 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Rumsfeld told Bush Iraq strategy was failing
« on: December 03, 2006, 02:09:48 AM »
Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld told President Bush before he resigned that the administration's strategy in Iraq was not working, The New York Times reports. The Pentagon has confirmed the memo's authenticity. Rumsfeld suggested reducing forces and recasting the U.S. mission and goals.

www.cnn.com

Is *this* why Rummy was unceremoniously dismissed?  Memo was written nov 6, rummy was fired Nov 8.

Elections were Nov 7.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Rumsfeld told Bush Iraq strategy was failing
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 02:16:33 AM »
I was thinking about posting on this about an hour ago and skiped on it...  I was listening to righty radio and it was twice today I heard this like it was a big holy cow... I don't get the big deal... considering the timing of the memo, it could be bullshit by rummy.  The timing for me and knowing what a smuck he is leaves me with 0 thoughts on it.  Why would righties push this as a wow?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Rumsfeld told Bush Iraq strategy was failing
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 02:21:44 AM »

Is *this* why Rummy was unceremoniously dismissed?  Memo was written nov 6, rummy was fired Nov 8.

Elections were Nov 7.

No Rumsfeld knew he was fired before that date.  Remember the controversy of Bush getting caught in a lie of knowing Rummy was going bye bye and at the same time saying he was there to stay and saying he didn't want to announce it before because the terrorists would use our political process or some bullshit like that.