Author Topic: Christmas gift ideas.  (Read 2404 times)

Yorkie T

• Getbig III
  • Blades Business Crew.
Christmas gift ideas.
« on: December 03, 2006, 02:20:54 PM »
I have a bit of a problem i was wondering if anyone could help me out with, i am looking for some good idea's for a gift for christmas for my girl.

The thing is, is that her birthday is on december 16, and ive bought her a gold ring with a diamond on it, now this was an expensive ring and my GF thinks that because it cost so much that it will be for her birthday present and christmas present aswell, with the 2 being so close together, but im going to surprise her at christmas and get her something else too.

Now, me being a man and not very bright when it comes to presents for women i thought of just getting her another ring for the other hand, unless anyone can give me some good idea's for gifts.

Weve had a tough couple of years and i want to make this a good christmas for her and our kids, if it wasnt for her god knows where i would have ended up in my life, i want something to show her what she means to me  :-[

Thanks  ladies (and guys too if youve got some ideas):)
8) B.B.C. 8)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
Re: Christmas gift ideas.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 02:36:39 PM »
why'd you delete me?    I thought my story about the lovely lady who'd just gotten off the airplane with 20 little bottles of lavender oil was nice.

xL

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 02:45:13 PM »
why'd you delete me?    I thought my story about the lovely lady who'd just gotten off the airplane with 20 little bottles of lavender oil was nice.

xL

I didn't delete you.

Yorkshire terrier,  what are you looking to spend?  Would she use a spa gift certificate which could include a massage?
R

Yorkie T

• Getbig III
  • Blades Business Crew.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 02:53:41 PM »
I didn't delete you.

Yorkshire terrier,  what are you looking to spend?  Would she use a spa gift certificate which could include a massage?

Moneys no object, im a self employed builder so it can be as expensive or inexpensive as i want, yep that sounds pretty good actually stella, she works hard so it could maybe de-stress her a little, ill put it on my list of ideas.
8) B.B.C. 8)

diamond

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 03:02:42 PM »
Moneys no object, im a self employed builder so it can be as expensive or inexpensive as i want, yep that sounds pretty good actually stella, she works hard so it could maybe de-stress her a little, ill put it on my list of ideas.

First of all, will you marry me?  ;D lol

I wouldn't get her another ring, it wouldnt be too bad if her birthday and christmas weren't so close, but they are so I'd go with something else.

Stella's suggestion of an all expenses paid spa day thing, especially if you have been through a tough year...might help her relax from it lol. Plus, its always nice to be spoiled and treated.

I can't think of anything off the top of my head better than that, but I'll have a think...

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 03:04:36 PM »
how about you give your riches to charity and make your gifts?

& buy yourself a new sofa or fridge while you're at it.

you could give your best friend a massage yourself.  Or the right message.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 04:59:32 PM »
I find Tiffany's is  really good. Or Discovery Channel.
many times it could be something that is needed around the house, an organizer of some sort. Sometimes the best type of gift is not the one that is the most expensive, but the most useful.

Yorkie T

• Getbig III
  • Blades Business Crew.
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 10:51:39 AM »
Thanks people, ill go with the spa, get one of her mates to go with her too. :)

@ xxxlinda, yeah i think ill give all my money i work for to charity  ::) i do give to charity, but im not exactly a millionaire

"you could give your best friend a massage yourself.  Or the right message" - i dont even know what that means.
8) B.B.C. 8)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 10:58:10 AM »
Thanks people, ill go with the spa, get one of her mates to go with her too. :)

@ xxxlinda, yeah i think ill give all my money i work for to charity  ::) i do give to charity, but im not exactly a millionaire

"you could give your best friend a massage yourself.  Or the right message" - i dont even know what that means.

yeah, sorry, me too.  I was just messing about with words and feeling broke.  I haven't enough money to do Christmas properly, it's all too expensive.   I kinda meant that you could save the bucks on the spa and invite your friend around and paint her toenails for her or something?  Or offer to babymind for her or wash her car or something...

xxx

Yorkie T

• Getbig III
  • Blades Business Crew.
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 11:14:40 AM »

yeah, sorry, me too.  I was just messing about with words and feeling broke.  I haven't enough money to do Christmas properly, it's all too expensive.   I kinda meant that you could save the bucks on the spa and invite your friend around and paint her toenails for her or something?  Or offer to babymind for her or wash her car or something...

xxx

Ahhh, i see whats going on here so ill not bother carrying it on, this is the first few times ive been on this board so im not familiar with who the "colourful" characters are.
8) B.B.C. 8)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2006, 03:09:17 PM »
Yorkshire terrier,
I think that is a GREAT idea for a day at the spa and to pay for her girlfriend to join her!  You could also have a bottle of wine or champagne ready for her when she gets home :)
R