Author Topic: fat burning and cardio  (Read 12344 times)

jcon

• Getbig I
fat burning and cardio
« on: December 03, 2006, 05:57:35 PM »

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
Re: fat burning and cardio
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 07:28:18 PM »
download that ebook on the nutrition section if youve got the time

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 08:40:42 AM »
Its not cardio, its math.  Its about burning more calories throughout the day then you consume.

take 200mg of caffeine and 25mg of ephedrine when you wake, before cardio, and before your workout and you will loose......eat clean too obviously.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 10:36:38 AM »
I think.....well my understanding is your heart rate plays into your muscle retention.  What works for me is when I keep my heart rate relatively low....around 110-115 for 30-45 minutes sometimes 5 days a week.  A good rule of thumb that I keep is you just wanna work hard enough to JUST break a sweat.  Anything more your body is being put in a catabolic state and using muscle for energy.  You keep your heart rate low enough your burning fat....SUPPOSEDLY......b ut like I said, I keep my heart rate low and I keep my strength and dont lose mass.  When I hit cardio hard and had a high heart rate for a couple weeks, my strength dropped off and I felt like I was losing muscle.   

Hope that gives you something to think on.  But like Tier said, I would read the cardio thread.

OakExpress

• Getbig II
  • Amateur Natural Bodybuilder
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 02:56:30 PM »
As a natural, you should stay relatively lean in the off-season.  Otherwise I think you will do one of two things:

1) Waste muscle building time by spending it dieting and doing cardio (long prep)
2) Doing tons of cardio and extreme dieting (normal prep)

Either way you are losing lean mass.  For a long prep, you are discarding time to build.  For a short prep, you are losing lean mass because you have to strip body fat quickly.

If you stay at 10-12% body fat and make a goal of adding 1-2 quality pounds per month (lean mass), you will be better off.  So, stay in shape and building longer.

Guys who "use" can eat more and build mass.  During the diet the drugs help maintain lean mass and help shed fat.  We naturals cannot play that game.
Romans 1:20

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 02:57:32 PM »
Its not cardio, its math.  Its about burning more calories throughout the day then you consume.

take 200mg of caffeine and 25mg of ephedrine when you wake, before cardio, and before your workout and you will loose......eat clean too obviously.
You should not recommend ephierine on a natural board IMO.It's banned by the IOC and most natural organisations.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 05:02:01 PM »
You should not recommend ephierine on a natural board IMO.It's banned by the IOC and most natural organisations.

Thanks for the correction, I did not know that.  I will be sure and disclaim it from now on in case they wish to compete.

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 02:15:12 AM »
Cheers Get Bigger-it would be a shame for someone to get disqualified for ephedrine use even though it is highly debatable whether it should be banned IMO.I think there is a banned list on the IOC website for anyone wishing to compete although,I assume,different organisations have different criteria.I know,in the UK,the NPA adhere to IOC regulations.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 08:23:21 AM »
I think.....well my understanding is your heart rate plays into your muscle retention.  What works for me is when I keep my heart rate relatively low....around 110-115 for 30-45 minutes sometimes 5 days a week.  A good rule of thumb that I keep is you just wanna work hard enough to JUST break a sweat.  Anything more your body is being put in a catabolic state and using muscle for energy.  You keep your heart rate low enough your burning fat....SUPPOSEDLY......b ut like I said, I keep my heart rate low and I keep my strength and dont lose mass.  When I hit cardio hard and had a high heart rate for a couple weeks, my strength dropped off and I felt like I was losing muscle.   

Hope that gives you something to think on.  But like Tier said, I would read the cardio thread.
I stopped doing cardio like that a few years ago!
I do it in explosive movements:
 - Sprints: Run the max speed I can for 20 seconds than I rest for a minute walking slow. Do this 4 times.
 - Bycicle: Max speed for 30 seconds and rest for 90 seconds. Do this 4 times.

Cardio Day 2: Punching and kicking the bag alternating with abdominal exercises. 2 minutes bag - one minute abs. Do this 5 times.

It works for me. It is fun, don't loose mass, gain speed and leg movement explosion.

45 minutes cardio, for example in the bike, doens't even increase your aerobic resistance, and your body gets used to it.
Our body is like a spounge in water, if you sqeeze it all the water leaves, put it back in water it will refill. Much higher caloric consuption!
S

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 02:09:40 PM »
When I train specifically for fat loss I don't do any traditional cardio at all.  Instead I simply reduce the rest period between sets to 45 seconds.   This keeps my heart pumping during my entire workout, thus after a 45 or 1 hour weight workout, the cardiovascular benefit has been enormous and no additional cardio is needed.   Combined with a healthy diet and lots of water throughout the day, I lose body fat very quickly.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 01:52:38 PM »
jcon..

If you feel you are loosing too much muscle then up the protein intake and perhaps add a few more carbs to have your muscles fuller.

There is no true equation or formula.

For one show I personally did cardio 4 days a week in the morn for 30-45 mins and for another I had to do 2 a days (cardio day/night)

It is very important during dieting to still life heavy but of course within reason to help preserve muscle as well....

All the best, feel free to PM me....

sportguy95

• Getbig I
  • I am here to learn
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 06:27:59 AM »
How long should I stop my cardio before I show?

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 04:02:52 AM »
How long should I stop my cardio before I show?
good question??? also why dont the pro's post here, always on the gossip board

AVBG

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 07:05:32 PM »
good question??? also why dont the pro's post here, always on the gossip board

cause they're not NATURAL  8)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 02:53:36 AM »
cause they're not NATURAL  8)
yeah but they can help a little, luke wood helps out when asked

AVBG

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 02:56:15 AM »
yeah but they can help a little, luke wood helps out when asked

Luke is a great guy and will answer q's.. Keep in mind that he offers programs (I got a program and diet off him in Nov last year - his gym is my local) and diets to people at a price when not training  ;)

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2007, 07:22:27 PM »
Where can you even get ephedrine at??
d[-_-]b actin all cool

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2007, 09:24:34 PM »
It's not necessary,Candidate,and it's on the IOC banned list so steer clear if you want to remain natural/do tested shows. 

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2007, 03:23:17 PM »
Where can you even get ephedrine at??

get Bronkaid, by Bayer, you can find it at any pharmacy or online

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2007, 07:16:46 PM »
how many of those do you suggest taking?
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Knives

• Getbig III

sixone193

• Getbig I
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2007, 08:14:19 AM »
I have been lowering my b.f. % for 4 months. I dropped from about 22% to 15% but now I am having a bitch of a time getting below 15%. I weight train 5 days a week on a 3 day split. I used to do more cardio. I will try to do cardio at least 5 times too. So many factors, so difficult. Diet, training, cardio, high days, low days? Carb up, carb down? damn, I don't know. I need to be taught by an expert. :-\ (i tried hydroxycut hardcore - couldnt sleep, i am taking ephedra now (i dont know if it is even real, and i just bought a new fat burner called Final Burn. Also, BCAA 10g/day, glutamine/15g/day, creatine 5g/day during training, whey isolate 40g/day, oatmeal, avocado, uncooked nuts, chicken, salmon, broccoli, corn, cottage cheese...
do i need to have a high carb day once a week? i am now 6'1", 195 lbs, 15%bf, 28 yrs old.

sixone193

• Getbig I
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2007, 05:12:14 AM »
thanks a lot. i will try the coffee while walking thing. Also, I assume those meal ratios were based on one of your average daytime meals. For a couple months I haven't changed mine, so I will. Mine is about 45C/30P/10F, so I will try changing it to 35C/40P/12F or something like that for a while and see what happens. Maybe I will cut out the whey and the creatine too. thanks.

sixone193

• Getbig I
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2007, 07:22:32 PM »
what is the best way to go about getting my carbs? i have just been eating only oatmeal for a couple of months cause it is the easiest to make (plus a begal and a bit or fruit once a week for sake of variety). but am i hurting my progress by limiting myself to the lack of variety? is it much better to go back and forth between brown rice and oatmeal? also how about bread and fruit? are they necessary while trying to lean out?

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2007, 08:55:18 PM »
sounds like you got it down jcon.  Good Luck with the show.