Author Topic: New Kimbo Fight  (Read 4287 times)

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
New Kimbo Fight
« on: December 03, 2006, 07:52:31 PM »
http://www.dump.com/eygwe/

I know it isn't bbing, but I am sure lots of people would like to watch this.

Sorry to the mods if posting this here pisses you off, I won't do it again if it does. ;D

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
Re: New Kimbo Fight
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 08:05:18 PM »
THAT LAST DUDE HAD HEART.
i

BP44

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 08:10:18 PM »
I've never really understood this guy.  He fights unskilled obese "fighters."  He fought an out of shape cop who had mma experience and beat him even though they couldn't go to the ground.  Put him in a ring and see what happens.  Sure this guy could murder me in seconds, but he is nothing but hype/humor.

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 08:12:48 PM »
Kimbo has lost before....

that last fight was hilarious...

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 08:13:55 PM »
I've never really understood this guy.  He fights unskilled obese "fighters."  He fought an out of shape cop who had mma experience and beat him even though they couldn't go to the ground.  Put him in a ring and see what happens.  Sure this guy could murder me in seconds, but he is nothing but hype/humor.

He didn't win the Gannon fight, have you even see it?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 08:15:05 PM »
that first dude didn't even throw a punch. the guy's obviously a solid fighter, but damn someone needs to give him a challenge.

bf, how do you think he'd do in an actual sanctioned fight against a real competitor? it's hard to say if he's got the skill, but that gannon fight lasted forever, so he's probably got the physical ability.

BP44

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 08:16:41 PM »
He didn't win the Gannon fight, have you even see it?

Perhaps I imagined this....  I watched the fight a long time ago and Kimbo's camp kept interfering.  From my memory Kimbo lost to the fat cop.  Did he somehow win and I can't remember this?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 08:17:31 PM »
that first dude didn't even throw a punch. the guy's obviously a solid fighter, but damn someone needs to give him a challenge.

bf, how do you think he'd do in an actual sanctioned fight against a real competitor? it's hard to say if he's got the skill, but that gannon fight lasted forever, so he's probably got the physical ability.

There's a thread about this in the MMA section right now. The guy has good boxing skills, I'm not going to deny that. But in an MMA fight against someone his size that knows what they're doing and has a ground game to go along with striking, I would suspect him to lose. They would probably put him on his ass 30 seconds into the fight, work whatever makeshift guard he has and sub him. I know I wouldn't want to trade punches with him though, he's got a solid chin.

Supposedly he's been training with ATT, so who knows. I can't imagine him having any kind of a ground game, though.

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 08:17:36 PM »
Perhaps I imagined this....  I watched the fight a long time ago and Kimbo's camp kept interfering.  From my memory Kimbo lost to the fat cop.  Did he somehow win and I can't remember this?

That is what I remember as well....

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 08:17:58 PM »
I've never really understood this guy.  He fights unskilled obese "fighters."  He fought an out of shape cop ....  Put him in a ring and see what happens.  Sure this guy could murder me in seconds, but he is nothing but hype/humor.

exactly what i was thinking, sure he could kick my ass, also the guy's probably on something
are you delusional?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 08:18:47 PM »
exactly what i was thinking, sure he could kick my ass, also the guy's probably on something

i read on another board (meaning this is probably bullshit), that kimbo's usually tweaked on pcp when he fights which is why he doesn't react at all to getting hit.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2006, 08:19:21 PM »

I saw the fight years ago but I remember Gannon plastering Kimbo's face and coming out looking much better. I remember the volley against the wall that I thought gave Gannon the win. However, it was retarded with Kimbo's fat cronies jumping in every 2 seconds saying something.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2006, 08:21:56 PM »
that's because kimbo kept trying to shoot in, with all the wrestling skill of a grizzly bear. i haven't seen it in a while, but i remember kimbo tried an absolutely awful takedown and then gannon got him in a guillotine, then suddenly kimbo's crew rushed in and started calling foul. gannon knocked him out despite having kimbo repeatedly cheating and his crew jumping in.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2006, 08:22:55 PM »
that's because kimbo kept trying to shoot in, with all the wrestling skill of a grizzly bear. i haven't seen it in a while, but i remember kimbo tried an absolutely awful takedown and then gannon got him in a guillotine, then suddenly kimbo's crew rushed in and started calling foul. gannon knocked him out despite having kimbo repeatedly cheating and his crew jumping in.

Yeah, what's funny is the rules laid down before the fight were no take downs and grappling bullshit and 5 seconds in Kimbo comes for a take down. If it was an MMA fight, Gannon wins right there.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2006, 08:27:11 PM »
Yeah, what's funny is the rules laid down before the fight were no take downs and grappling bullshit and 5 seconds in Kimbo comes for a take down. If it was an MMA fight, Gannon wins right there.

well what is kimbo? he's a dude who was in prison for 10 years and spent most of his time boxing. so sure he's tough as a coffin nail to steal a term from snatch, and he clearly knows how to box halfway decently, but his competition isn't exactly top of the roster. maybe he really is a great fighter, but so far it looks like they just got guys off the street.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2006, 08:28:22 PM »
well what is kimbo? he's a dude who was in prison for 10 years and spent most of his time boxing. so sure he's tough as a coffin nail to steal a term from snatch, and he clearly knows how to box halfway decently, but his competition isn't exactly top of the roster. maybe he really is a great fighter, but so far it looks like they just got guys off the street.

That's why I've never bought into all the Kimbo hype. Look at the guy's in that video, two overweight wannabe badasses who, most likely, have only thrown punches when 5 of them are jumping one guy outside a bar.

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2006, 08:29:45 PM »
let me catch my breath nikka!.......

if you had an extra 10 grand would you fight him?

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2006, 08:30:58 PM »

For 10 grand I'd probably fight him.

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2006, 08:34:12 PM »
not me bro!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2006, 08:35:49 PM »

i'd fight him if i would get -paid- 10 grand but there's no way in hell i'd ever step near him unless i was getting a nice fat check at the end. or before, so i could take the money and get the hell outta there.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2006, 08:36:29 PM »
not me bro!

hahahaha, Josh Barnett said it best in his pre fight interview for the first round of the OWGP this year when he was fighting Aleks E. "What's  the worst he can do? Knock me out? Big deal, it's just a fight." That's how I look at it. Plus, 10 grand to get knocked out in 10 seconds isn't too bad.  ;D

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2006, 08:36:49 PM »

You're nuts man. He has skills (even Gannon said Kimbo had top notch boxing skills). Couple that with PCP and 260lbs of maniac, 10 grand isn't even worth one punch.

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2006, 08:39:12 PM »
no no what i meant if you had 10 grand to loose ;)

unless it was a bar fight or I could wrestle him, theres no way i would square off with that crazy fuck!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2006, 08:40:42 PM »
no no what i meant if you had 10 grand to loose ;)

unless it was a bar fight or I could wrestle him, theres no way i would square off with that crazy f**k!

Well, if I had 10 grand to lose, then of course not.  I may be crazy but I'm not stupid.  ;D

SS

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2006, 08:52:45 PM »
I just read the kimbo thread in the mma boar,d and I almost fall off my chair from laughing at the realkarates comment on how kimbo could beat Liddel or Ortiz ::)