Author Topic: Courts Ponder Value of Man's Best Friend  (Read 3839 times)

knny187

• Getbig V
Re: Courts Ponder Value of Man's Best Friend
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2006, 09:51:38 AM »
Yea but Wandering on someone's property is a whole other ball game.  ;D

unless you're destroying personal property....what's the big deal?

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2006, 10:50:50 AM »
If a dog walks into someone's property then it's fair game.

I can understand if the guy was out to kill the dog, but the dog wandered into his property.

Ok Sherlock, so what you are saying then in general if an uninvited guest ( dog, child, neighbor? )walks on to my property I should be able to shoot him at will?? After all the Mormans that knock on my door have much more malice than the neighbors poodle. What about neighborhood kids that cut through your lawn? Shoot them fuckers too huh?? You dick wads that think it was ok to kill this couples dogs are retarded. I can think if 100 other ways this could have been handled.
X

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2006, 11:08:08 AM »
Maybe he didn't get any squirrels that day and the hunter's lust for the kill was still upon him.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2006, 11:22:18 AM »
Well, all in all...I find it pretty sad.  I don't agree & think of pets as property....they are family members.  I DON'T believe this guy should be sentenced as a murderer, but the penalties should be stiffer.  Honestly, if it was me...I would have took some personal vengeance & he would have realized the decision he made was a poor choice.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2006, 11:30:39 AM »
this old fuck should be held a bit more accountable than what he was..give me a break...it was trespassing?! what the f--k was it doing? raiding your goddamn icebox you fucking redneck...
footloose and fancy free

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2006, 11:40:16 AM »
Someone should put a flaming bag of shit on his porch...

Wife: Don't put it out with your boot Ted.

Old man: DOn't tell me my business devil woman!

HE CALLED SHIT...POOP!
footloose and fancy free

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2006, 11:46:02 AM »
Not to make excuses for the old man, but I've had dogs and traveled with them. How stupid do you have to be to let your dogs off lead in a town you're unfamiliar with and allow them to wander into someone's yard?  These people are as ignorant as he is. The fact is, this old man has probably never been anywhere in his life and has a certain attitude towards nature, and I guarantee you also has strong opinions where his rights are concerned.  Vermonters, especially the old folk, can be extremely stubborn... anyone who's been, understands. So, imo, he's even slightly more excusable than they are.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2006, 11:52:18 AM »
And tell me o wise one, what is the precedent for this type of case?

From the pro-jo

The original felony charge of assault on a person over age 60 carried a maximum penalty of 5 years in prison, or not more than a $1,000 fine, or both. Before the plea agreement, Jamiel had also been charged with domestic disorderly conduct, a misdemeanor.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2006, 12:00:19 PM »
On the case involving the dog....

Assault is assault and I've taken the law into my own hands too many times to know you never win.  A friend of mine had a disagreement with his landlord, a 65 year old lady.  The idiot stupidly, as he knows, threw the phone at her hitting her in the face.  The dude caught 7 years and had to do 3.  It was the age or the woman.  The prosecutors said if she wasn't an old lady it wouldn't of meant time.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2006, 12:01:45 PM »
Not to make excuses for the old man, but I've had dogs and traveled with them. How stupid do you have to be to let your dogs off lead in a town you're unfamiliar with and allow them to wander into someone's yard?  These people are as ignorant as he is. The fact is, this old man has probably never been anywhere in his life and has a certain attitude towards nature, and I guarantee you also has strong opinions where his rights are concerned.  Vermonters, especially the old folk, can be extremely stubborn... anyone who's been, understands. So, imo, he's even slightly more excusable than they are.

I've been to Vermont several times & you're right...the peeps are a little different there....but I have found most of them extremely friendly.

But of all places in the Continental US....you would think Vermont would be the one place that if your dog was to wonder off, that it wouldn't be shot because of trespassing.  Some places like Georgia, Arkansas, Texas.....I can see....but Vermont?  Hell, I would think that if someone in Vermont saw a dog wander on their property, that they would catch the dog & look for it's proper owner.  It's just bad luck that the dog wandered on some idiots property.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2006, 12:34:31 PM »

That's besides the point.  I relay don't know about a dog, but like I said assault someone under 60, for any reason isn't the same charge as assaulting someone over 60 that carries a 3 year mandatory.  If you don't get it I can't explain it any clearer.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2006, 06:16:12 PM »
I have two lab's and love them to death. The guy shouldn't shot the dog but if the dog wasn't wandering around loose he wouldn't be dead today. The owners are as much to blame as the old coot who shot the dog.
The House that Ruth built

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2006, 09:10:48 PM »
Look how often do dogs wander off. I have a Yellow lab..A golden.. and a monster Bernese. My golden is crazy and runs off all the time. He's got an 8 foot pen with a locked gate and manages to climb it with ease. I have had him on a long lead even while penned and he slipped that. I got him halter collar deal and he was out of it on on our front porch in 15 minutes. He gets out. Its his thing. My lab never leaves the yard and my Berner pretty much is the yard. Dogs get out. That dog did not look vicious so that guy had no right to shoot it. He could have wacked it with a broom or better yet grab the dog and haul him back to the owner. I feel bad for these people.
L

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2006, 05:51:20 AM »
Look how often do dogs wander off. I have a Yellow lab..A golden.. and a monster Bernese. My golden is crazy and runs off all the time. He's got an 8 foot pen with a locked gate and manages to climb it with ease. I have had him on a long lead even while penned and he slipped that. I got him halter collar deal and he was out of it on on our front porch in 15 minutes. He gets out. Its his thing. My lab never leaves the yard and my Berner pretty much is the yard. Dogs get out. That dog did not look vicious so that guy had no right to shoot it. He could have wacked it with a broom or better yet grab the dog and haul him back to the owner. I feel bad for these people.

Headhunter, I agree to an extent. Bottom line the owner is responsible to keep his dog from roaming. The guy was a dick to shoot it. I am not taking up for him.
The House that Ruth built