Author Topic: PRIDE for sale!  (Read 1703 times)

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
PRIDE for sale!
« on: December 04, 2006, 02:16:20 PM »
According to Sherdog and MMA.tv, Dream Stage is looking to sell PRIDE.  There's already some speculation about the UFC and WWE being interested.  Dana, get moving! ;D

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
Re: PRIDE for sale!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 07:46:22 PM »
According to Sherdog and MMA.tv, Dream Stage is looking to sell PRIDE.  There's already some speculation about the UFC and WWE being interested.  Dana, get moving! ;D

If Vinnie Mac weren't involved, I would let Pride implode, then pick up the pieces.  With Bodog, WWE, Zuffa will have to hustle to pick up the necessary talent. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 07:48:45 PM »
It's a rumor and nothing more. Should be interesting to see. I would actually expect K-1 Heroes to grab most of the talent should that happen to PRIDE.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 07:50:30 PM »
Does this mean we see fedor doing figure 4 leg locks and arm drags?  ;D
TEAM REPTILIAN

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 08:02:24 PM »
does this mean fedor will join dx  ;D
RIP Bob Probert

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 08:12:43 PM »
He could be the new undertaker.
TEAM REPTILIAN

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 05:28:49 AM »
Trigg just dispelled the rumors on that MMA beatdown show or w/e it is. Apparently DSE was approached by a few different companies wanting to buy it but they flat out refused. Apparently PRIDE is doing quite well for itself right now. I guess it's a shame we won't see Fedor fight Sylvia/Arlovski/Vera 3-on-1 anytime soon.  :'(

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 05:31:28 AM »
DAMN!  I wanted to see Kurt Angle get his ass handed to him by the likes of Randy coming out of retirement for a no holds bar wrestlers match!

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 08:19:22 AM »
DAMN!  I wanted to see Kurt Angle get his ass handed to him by the likes of Randy coming out of retirement for a no holds bar wrestlers match!

I might actually be happy to pay for that... would be a pretty good tecchnical match i would assume... Fuk that sucks would have been better then the next Tim "the redneck" fight.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 08:27:29 AM »
Trigg's been popping his mouth off about some monumental acquisition PRIDE made over the UFC. People are speculating it could be Angle getting signed.....along with 30 other rumors. Never know, though.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 01:54:34 PM »
Trigg's been popping his mouth off about some monumental acquisition PRIDE made over the UFC. People are speculating it could be Angle getting signed.....along with 30 other rumors. Never know, though.

Trigg is also saying the rumors of DSE selling Pride is not true as well.  He is a company man, so you don't really know how much of it is true.