Author Topic: if there is a god...you'd think he ws a rational being right..  (Read 5421 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
if there is a god...you'd think he ws a rational being right..
« on: December 06, 2006, 12:57:13 PM »
then we must be able to prove his existance using the VERY set of rules he has used to create this universe.

the end.

true stry!
carpe` vaginum!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: if there is a god...you'd think he ws a rational being right..
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 01:02:04 PM »
then we must be able to prove his existance using the VERY set of rules he has used to create this universe.

the end.

true stry!

Those are only rules written by man..... not GOD

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 01:40:15 PM »
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/kierkegaard/#Reli
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_existentialism
He is perhaps my favorite religious thinker.

Much of Kierkegaard's authorship explores the notion of the absurd: Job gets everything back again by virtue of the absurd (Repetition); Abraham gets a reprieve from having to sacrifice Isaac, by virtue of the absurd (Fear and Trembling); Kierkegaard hoped to get Regine back again after breaking off their engagement, by virtue of the absurd (Journals); Climacus hopes to deceive readers into the truth of Christianity by virtue of an absurd representation of Christianity's ineffability; the Christian God is represented as absolutely transcendent of human categories yet is absurdly presented as a personal God with the human capacities to love, judge, forgive, teach, etc. Kierkegaard's notion of the absurd subsequently became an important category for twentieth century existentialists, though usually devoid of its religious associations.

I am waiting for the Muslim world to join in the existential movement.
Z

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 02:43:06 PM »
finite cannot know infinite.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 04:12:26 PM »
ever wonder why the world is rational, that is why mathematics works at all, that is why can we even or assume we can figure out how the world works. seems like the creation is rational to me. "it is astounding that we have mathematics, but even more profound is that mathematics works at all" einstein.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 06:41:28 AM »
Universe is absurd and we are all living in one big comic joke.

For example defects make us strong.
That is how Darwinism works.
We need a large enough gene pool so that adaptation can happen.
If the world was orderly there would be no need for a gene pool.

BTW how is that unifying theory going.
Z

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 06:59:00 AM »

the end.

true stry!

What would proving He exists do?  God lived among the Israelites, He LIVED among them yet they still rejected Him.  There would be no difference in present time. 

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 02:41:58 PM »
Those are only rules written by man..... not GOD

sooo the law of gravity.....electromagne tism...

the laws of thermodynamics are man made? ::)
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 02:43:22 PM »
What would proving He exists do?  God lived among the Israelites, He LIVED among them yet they still rejected Him.  There would be no difference in present time. 

proving he exists would make me believe in him...

and when you say god lived amongst the isralites..you are assuming that christanity is the correct religion...

muslims and the jews believe that jesus ws juuust another human prophet.. :)
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 02:44:20 PM »
finite cannot know infinite.

you need to take some physics classes orr at lease read "brief history of time" and some stuff on www.space.com before ya post in my threads mate.. :-\
carpe` vaginum!

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 03:53:53 PM »
i dont understand knowledge displaces electrons in the human mind, therefore our minds are finite. no one can conceptualize infinite. with hawking i assume you are addressing redshift indicating that the universe is expanding therefore is finite(and is not superheavy indicating a flat fabric of space). blue electormagnetism would be evident if it was not, and ellis's postualation of the theory of singularity would indicate the the universe had a beginning called the big bang in which rapid expansion of space-time was found(i dont like hawking, he has done nothing in science really). however, you-we still cant answer questions of final causes only efficient ones nor can learning about physics help me answer meta-physical and ontological questions.i have already demonstrated why everything is infinite, finite is not possible, there has to be something for space to expand into and nothing cannot create something, thus eternal and infinite. i just dont see any other way around it. i asked someone about eternal matter the other day and they reffered me to ihopb burfications which still dont explain it although i dont know much about it.

i asked you how string theory, or quantum mechanics, now how finite can know infinite with no answer. tell me how finite can know infinite, debate with me, insted of posting links i would honestly love to hear your side of the story as you seem well read. loop quantum gravity is a more promising field.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 04:10:06 PM »
again finite us, cannot know infinite which is all of existence.

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 03:42:59 AM »
i dont understand knowledge displaces electrons in the human mind, therefore our minds are finite. no one can conceptualize infinite. with hawking i assume you are addressing redshift indicating that the universe is expanding therefore is finite(and is not superheavy indicating a flat fabric of space). blue electormagnetism would be evident if it was not, and ellis's postualation of the theory of singularity would indicate the the universe had a beginning called the big bang in which rapid expansion of space-time was found(i dont like hawking, he has done nothing in science really). however, you-we still cant answer questions of final causes only efficient ones nor can learning about physics help me answer meta-physical and ontological questions.i have already demonstrated why everything is infinite, finite is not possible, there has to be something for space to expand into and nothing cannot create something, thus eternal and infinite. i just dont see any other way around it. i asked someone about eternal matter the other day and they reffered me to ihopb burfications which still dont explain it although i dont know much about it.

i asked you how string theory, or quantum mechanics, now how finite can know infinite with no answer. tell me how finite can know infinite, debate with me, insted of posting links i would honestly love to hear your side of the story as you seem well read. loop quantum gravity is a more promising field.

1) Why cannot 'finite' us know infinite existence?

2) Why is existence infinite?

3) The universe - space-time- doesn't need stuff to expand in. If it did, it would be expanding in to space, and that would just be (more) universe. Different concepts.

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 03:45:28 AM »
ever wonder why the world is rational, that is why mathematics works at all, that is why can we even or assume we can figure out how the world works. seems like the creation is rational to me. "it is astounding that we have mathematics, but even more profound is that mathematics works at all" einstein.

Doesn't support creation. Just because the universe is an extremely complex system and we seem to be along a track towards getting a grasp of it, doesn't mean that it was created. It just means that the universe is an extremely complex system and we seem to be along a track towards getting a grasp of it.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2006, 07:31:24 AM »
There goes usmokepole again.. He brings up vastly complex concepts as if they explain god, yet fails to shows just how they explain the existence of a devine creator.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2006, 07:55:36 AM »
i cant explain or prove god using science they have nothing to do with each other, you can see hints of creator in creation but it takes faith i still need faith to beleive in a first cause, much as you do. i used philosophy to show that infinite exists and nothing never did with multiple people supporting me with a ton of knowledge. you just dont understand it that is all. there would be no point to life if god made it obvious he existed, faith is needed.

as to logical- 1)it is plainly obvious that finite can not describe infinite nor conceptualize it, this is common sense. have finite brain power, room for knowledge one cannot conceptualize what it is to be infinite, you keep picturing an edge, but there are no edges how can something go on forever, i dont know i just know it does. think of a new sense, you cant because your mind cannot fathom it same concept.

2)existence is infinite because nothing cannot create something and finite would disobey this. singularity shows that space-time had a beginning are we to assume that nothign created this. nothign cannot create something, to deny this is to deny physics and common sense. you cant even conceptualize nothing because you try to give it attributes or characteristics. that makes it something, but something is not nothing.

3)you are correct, but the universe is flat, not ballon shaped so it has an edge, now what is at the edge i dont know all i know is that space does not exist, ether is not evident. dark matter does but space is merely a medium by which distances between to points are measured. it has no physical properties, planets, stars are moving apart but  space is not expanding it the dualistic sense that space exists apart from its components.

im not trying to prove god exists with three sentences, to run down everything i have read and reasons i beleive would take days and pages upon pages so i choose specific spots to argue when someone makes claim that is all. i cant prove god and you cannot prove the negative, so were stuck. i think it is more probable that god exists. ask me a specific question and i will give a specific answer.

also you you can describe/show infinite to me i think nobel would be knocking at your door. by definition you cannot show infinite.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2006, 08:14:21 AM »
to the physics people who would still bring up a vaccum as proof of nothing=somthing. vaccum is something, and matter-antimatter could be going into other dimensions, much as it is postulated that gravitions do. no physicist is dumb enough to actual support that notion.

heres how i see it, there has to be divinity that is a drive or self purpose, or higher purpose in existence. how can you explain sudden arrival of purposive structures, how decay of isotopes appear to have free will, that is decay randomly for no reason, but purposivly causing decay. either matter is self purpose driven-monism or god inputs purpose. free-will shows that we are not slaves to matter but can overcome drives, purpose etc. bacteria could self replicate from the jump. think about it, it came pre-installed with these structures and drive to replicate, it is purposive. but during meosis, chronmosomes make alturistic seperations(but evolution is not individual) to allow this.  purpose is there from the start, auto-catalytic and complexity theory have good answers but computer models are not lab experiments. this is one reason i believe, and the argument is more complex. but how do fields of energy give rise to self reflecting beings, that is all we truly are, the energy fields have to contain the propensity to create sentience period. consciousness cannot be explained. simple experiment think black, now tell me what came first the thought or neural firing(you might say the firing is that fast, some think that this is not possible, na/k channels would require more time although it is debateble) . if you stimulate a region of the brain you never get the same image. that is the brain is the tv and the consciousness the cable.if you turn off the tv and turn it on you get different images but the scene was always playing, much like consciousness .eccles a neuroscientist postulated this and i can post the quotes and paper. the brain is more complex then the universe so it will be a while before there is a definitive answer. stating facts does does nothing, interpretation of the facts is the debate,some interpret purposivness and consciousness as signs of god some dont.

this is just several brief points because camel jocky wants me to prove that a all seeing being, that is immaterial and creator of all exists with science when no one can.

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2006, 09:48:20 PM »
i cant explain or prove god using science they have nothing to do with each other, you can see hints of creator in creation but it takes faith i still need faith to beleive in a first cause, much as you do. i used philosophy to show that infinite exists and nothing never did with multiple people supporting me with a ton of knowledge. you just dont understand it that is all. there would be no point to life if god made it obvious he existed, faith is needed.

as to logical- 1)it is plainly obvious that finite can not describe infinite nor conceptualize it, this is common sense. have finite brain power, room for knowledge one cannot conceptualize what it is to be infinite, you keep picturing an edge, but there are no edges how can something go on forever, i dont know i just know it does. think of a new sense, you cant because your mind cannot fathom it same concept.

2)existence is infinite because nothing cannot create something and finite would disobey this. singularity shows that space-time had a beginning are we to assume that nothign created this. nothign cannot create something, to deny this is to deny physics and common sense. you cant even conceptualize nothing because you try to give it attributes or characteristics. that makes it something, but something is not nothing.

3)you are correct, but the universe is flat, not ballon shaped so it has an edge, now what is at the edge i dont know all i know is that space does not exist, ether is not evident. dark matter does but space is merely a medium by which distances between to points are measured. it has no physical properties, planets, stars are moving apart but  space is not expanding it the dualistic sense that space exists apart from its components.

im not trying to prove god exists with three sentences, to run down everything i have read and reasons i beleive would take days and pages upon pages so i choose specific spots to argue when someone makes claim that is all. i cant prove god and you cannot prove the negative, so were stuck. i think it is more probable that god exists. ask me a specific question and i will give a specific answer.

also you you can describe/show infinite to me i think nobel would be knocking at your door. by definition you cannot show infinite.

- Why is faith needed?

- 'It's just common sense that finite cannot know infinite' ? Well, that's real convincing. Seriously, can you construct a valid argument showing why this is the case? And what do you mean by infinite or finite anyway? I assume if you're saying the one cannot know about the other, then you have a definition of the two.

- So on the one hand, you accept physics in saying that to say that nothing cannot create something, yet on the other you say that physics can never explain God because it is somehow finite? Kinda contradictory don't you think? Further, there is a theory floating around that the so-called big bang has its origins in a so-called big crunch. This does not imply that nothing created something. Further, if this wasn't the case, nothing can only not craete something in our conception of space-time. Yet, if there was nothing before the big bang, there would not be nothing, in something. There would merely be nothing. Who knows what could and couldn't happen here? The laws of physics which we have only apply to our current universe.

- I have no idea what you're saying here- sorry  :-\

- Infinite= not finite.

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2006, 09:49:46 PM »
to the physics people who would still bring up a vaccum as proof of nothing=somthing. vaccum is something, and matter-antimatter could be going into other dimensions, much as it is postulated that gravitions do. no physicist is dumb enough to actual support that notion.

heres how i see it, there has to be divinity that is a drive or self purpose, or higher purpose in existence. how can you explain sudden arrival of purposive structures, how decay of isotopes appear to have free will, that is decay randomly for no reason, but purposivly causing decay. either matter is self purpose driven-monism or god inputs purpose. free-will shows that we are not slaves to matter but can overcome drives, purpose etc. bacteria could self replicate from the jump. think about it, it came pre-installed with these structures and drive to replicate, it is purposive. but during meosis, chronmosomes make alturistic seperations(but evolution is not individual) to allow this.  purpose is there from the start, auto-catalytic and complexity theory have good answers but computer models are not lab experiments. this is one reason i believe, and the argument is more complex. but how do fields of energy give rise to self reflecting beings, that is all we truly are, the energy fields have to contain the propensity to create sentience period. consciousness cannot be explained. simple experiment think black, now tell me what came first the thought or neural firing(you might say the firing is that fast, some think that this is not possible, na/k channels would require more time although it is debateble) . if you stimulate a region of the brain you never get the same image. that is the brain is the tv and the consciousness the cable.if you turn off the tv and turn it on you get different images but the scene was always playing, much like consciousness .eccles a neuroscientist postulated this and i can post the quotes and paper. the brain is more complex then the universe so it will be a while before there is a definitive answer. stating facts does does nothing, interpretation of the facts is the debate,some interpret purposivness and consciousness as signs of god some dont.

this is just several brief points because camel jocky wants me to prove that a all seeing being, that is immaterial and creator of all exists with science when no one can.

Just because we can't explain something using science, doesn't mean that we will never be able to, or that it is will never be possible to.

Our current state of knowledge does not imply that it is not possible to extend that and explain deeper concepts.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2006, 05:38:13 AM »
ok, listen pay attention desribe infinite using mathematic say pi, you cant sorry casue it would take eternity to do it. i beleive this is a valid test, simply write out infinity, . whats funny is i say you cant conceptualize infinity and you tell me to contruct a experiment showing infinity, i CANT. just write out every possible digit for me.

-faith is needed because you dont know what happened before the big bang, what caused it to change, why there is something,if there is a multi-verse if a pink unicorn caused the expansion of space-time. go read what atheism is, it is juxtaposition of theism why is one a faith and the other not.

-i dont care what the facts say interpretation is were god or no god comes in. to know god is to be god, you cant understand a new sense just like you cant understand what it means to be non-local, omipotent etc since you are not.

your catching on, nothing never existed the big crunch, osicllating models etc might be correct, al i know is nothing never was.

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2006, 04:17:01 PM »
- You're refuting yourself horribly. You're telling me that I can't define or conceptualise what infinity is, yet you have already jumped to the conclusion that it's mathematical, that it's writable, and everything else you said about it.

I just gave you a definition/description. Infinity= not finite. Limitless. Boundless. I don't need to use numbers to describe that. I just used words.

- That's true, I don't know what happened before the big bang. However, that's not to say that it is impossible to know, or that we will never know. Further, that also doesn't imply why faith is necessary. I don't know what the lottery numbers drawn on Sunday will be- do I need faith for that, too?

- Why can't we understand that, or get to the point where we will be able to understand it? Further, by saying that we can't understand it, you've inadvertently understood it yourself- you've told us a bit about the nature of it- it's incomprehendable to us, and so you've understood a bit of it. Do you see this contradiction, too?

- No, I didn't say nothing never existed. You misunderstood what I meant. You say that if there is a God, he is not of this world and so obeys different laws to us, and is incomprehensible to us. Fine. However, if the universe has its origins in a different system (nothing) which is also not of this world, then equally, it could obey different laws, just like your postulation of a God. So, whilst it might appear that nothing cannot produce something in this universe, that might not hold for another.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2006, 06:10:45 PM »
- You're refuting yourself horribly. You're telling me that I can't define or conceptualise what infinity is, yet you have already jumped to the conclusion that it's mathematical, that it's writable, and everything else you said about it.

I just gave you a definition/description. Infinity= not finite. Limitless. Boundless. I don't need to use numbers to describe that. I just used words.

- That's true, I don't know what happened before the big bang. However, that's not to say that it is impossible to know, or that we will never know. Further, that also doesn't imply why faith is necessary. I don't know what the lottery numbers drawn on Sunday will be- do I need faith for that, too?

- Why can't we understand that, or get to the point where we will be able to understand it? Further, by saying that we can't understand it, you've inadvertently understood it yourself- you've told us a bit about the nature of it- it's incomprehendable to us, and so you've understood a bit of it. Do you see this contradiction, too?

- No, I didn't say nothing never existed. You misunderstood what I meant. You say that if there is a God, he is not of this world and so obeys different laws to us, and is incomprehensible to us. Fine. However, if the universe has its origins in a different system (nothing) which is also not of this world, then equally, it could obey different laws, just like your postulation of a God. So, whilst it might appear that nothing cannot produce something in this universe, that might not hold for another.

haha infinity is a mathematical concept, and an abstract deduction from mathematics, what do you think GUT theorists are multiplying. your theorem infinite=not finite still isn't a conceptualization. you cannot show what infinite is and defining infinite with finite, is like defining black with white, they have to be defined apart and seperate to make sense. defining infinte with the use of finite does me no good i can conceptualize finite by looking at my skin. i see no examples in daily life of infinite.

2)yes- if you buy a ticket you can believe or not beleive it is the winning numbers, you have faith that those numbers are correct even though you have no proof. just like you have no proof there is no god, your faith is that he doesnt exist. atheism is a counter to the faith theism for simplicity.

3)i dont understand infinite, or nothing, or eternal. but i accept they exist based on the axioms i outlined. i cant coceptualize non-locality in quantum physics but i accept it happens and i can do experiments to prove it. infinte is never-ending size, no  borders, this is a good definition yet i dont understand it  because my brain is finite.

4)laws cannot operate on nothing, by saying laws operate on nothing you are defining nothing with characteristics making it something. god is something, operating outside the laws, nothing cannot operate outside the laws or with different ones because nothing never existed and has no characteristics, thus laws have no effect.you cant conceptualize nothing, dont try to just accept nothing is mutually exclusive with something.

anything else?

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2006, 07:48:46 PM »
- Infinity is not just a mathematical concept, just as counting isn't just a mathematical concept.

- It makes perfect sense. Just because it isn't the definition you're not looking for, doesn't mean it doesn't make sense. I can understand it. Why can't you? Do you know what infinity is? If you don't- as you must be forced to admit- then how can you tell people how it can't be defined? I don't really care if it does you good or not. If you can't grasp it, that's your problem :-*

- Just because you see no examples in daily life of infinite, doesn't mean it doesn't exist, or at least that it isn't definable. You see no examples of the big bang in your daily life, or of black holes. Does this mean that they are not definable, or that they don't exist?

- So basically, whenever you don't know something, but believe it, you have faith in it. Would you say that this is an accurate, or common-sensical process to embark on? Let me give you another example. You believe that the sky is red. You can't prove this, but you believe it. Similarly, you believe that the Earth is flat. Would you say that faith in these concepts is a good idea?

- If you don't understsand these concepts, then stop using them. The very fact that you're using them in a certain fashion implies that you have a certain belief about them. Which means that you have- or think you have- understanding of them. Your brain also isn't red. Does this mean you can't understand red? Your brain also isn't a black hole. Does this mean you can't understand what a black hole is? Seriously, this is not a good path to go down.

- That's what you think. Prove it, for things outside this universe, or for things before this universe. Further, defining nothing by attributing it characteristics, doesn't imply that it is something. However, you're right- nothing is something- it is nothing. You must think dialectically, my friend- not on such a mechanical, isolationist plain. Everything is interconnected.

' dont try to just accept nothing is mutually exclusive with something'

This is exactly what you're doing when you say

'by saying laws operate on nothing you are defining nothing with characteristics making it something'

Anything else....?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2006, 08:59:13 AM »
- Infinity is not just a mathematical concept, just as counting isn't just a mathematical concept.

- It makes perfect sense. Just because it isn't the definition you're not looking for, doesn't mean it doesn't make sense. I can understand it. Why can't you? Do you know what infinity is? If you don't- as you must be forced to admit- then how can you tell people how it can't be defined? I don't really care if it does you good or not. If you can't grasp it, that's your problem :-*

- Just because you see no examples in daily life of infinite, doesn't mean it doesn't exist, or at least that it isn't definable. You see no examples of the big bang in your daily life, or of black holes. Does this mean that they are not definable, or that they don't exist?

- So basically, whenever you don't know something, but believe it, you have faith in it. Would you say that this is an accurate, or common-sensical process to embark on? Let me give you another example. You believe that the sky is red. You can't prove this, but you believe it. Similarly, you believe that the Earth is flat. Would you say that faith in these concepts is a good idea?

- If you don't understsand these concepts, then stop using them. The very fact that you're using them in a certain fashion implies that you have a certain belief about them. Which means that you have- or think you have- understanding of them. Your brain also isn't red. Does this mean you can't understand red? Your brain also isn't a black hole. Does this mean you can't understand what a black hole is? Seriously, this is not a good path to go down.

- That's what you think. Prove it, for things outside this universe, or for things before this universe. Further, defining nothing by attributing it characteristics, doesn't imply that it is something. However, you're right- nothing is something- it is nothing. You must think dialectically, my friend- not on such a mechanical, isolationist plain. Everything is interconnected.

' dont try to just accept nothing is mutually exclusive with something'

This is exactly what you're doing when you say

'by saying laws operate on nothing you are defining nothing with characteristics making it something'

Anything else....?

ahah, it is ironic that your name is logical.

1)i have said that you cannot conceptualize infinity, just like you cannot conceptualize a new sense, something foreign to experience like non-locality is impossible to grasp. i too know infinity exists because of mathematical abstractions in the plantonic sense that have specific axioms, but i dont KNOW what it is to be infinite, because my brain cannot fathom it. a definition of finite, would be contained or with edges, or barriers, can be measured. ex my body is finite as my skin is the endpoint. now a definition of infinite is boundless, no barriers. there are no examples therefore your concept of infinity while correct is a mere abstraction. you do not understand infinity truly i am sorry, no human can truly know infinite just like they cannot know what it means to be in two places at once. however, from mathematical axioms based on the validity of previous assertions i accept that infinite exists. i never said it never existed it does, but i cant properly describe it using our finite language. give an example of infinite, there is no concrete understanding of infinite only abstract, much like mathematics.

2)here are some definitons of faith from wiki
-Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence
-confident belief in the truth of a person, idea, or thing. This belief is not based on logical proof. With Faith, one has hope, Trust, Love
-Belief without evidence
-A convinced belief; a condition of mind fully satisfied; next to actual knowledge. We have faith the sun will rise to-morrow morning, but the knowledge can not be actual until after sunrise.
so as you see you have faith with no evidence that god does not exist, much like you have evidence that your lottery ticket IS the winning ticket without proof. funny thing is you and other atheist argue with me without having knowledge in anything your talking about. hell, according to you, your beleif isnt faith when using concrete definitions it is. yes, if you dont know something, but beleive it to be true, like i will wake up tommorrow that is faith. what is so hard to comprehend?

3)i can see red, i know intimately what red is, i can view it. anything you can experience you can conceptualize, what is at the horizon of a black hole, were does stuff go when sucked in a black hole. your using examples of concrete things to justify the abstract, this is called ill-logic. you cant see infinite, nor can you imagine timelessness, but they exist as abstractions with axioms based on logic. stop making dumb arguments. you dont even know the difference as to why i can understnad the concept RED and cannot conceptualize concretely INFINITE. i have examples of red and black holes, they are perceivable, infinite is not. please do not make another dumb argument, i cant bare to keep repeating myself to atheist who dont know mathematics, nor philosophy, nor what there faith stands for.

4)look nothing is you still dont have a grasp of what nothing is. your question is like asking, what about if there is a different type of infinite, or black. if there was a different type of infinite do you know what it would be called, well i know based on gradeschool logic that it is something different not inifinite. if you say "what about nothing existing or being able to allow something to come from it under different laws" you are mistaking what you think is nothing. to say there is a different type of nothing one we do not know, is defining that nothing by difference or contrast to our nothing, making it something. once you give nothing characteristics that allow it to DO something it is no longer nothing. i meant to say "dont try to conceptualize, accept them as mutually exclusive"(ive said this on four threads now). once you start defining how laws operate on nothing or nothing creating something , your nothing has know become a something, thus invalidating your argument. nothing given eternity cannot create something. go to avantlabs for a better discussion, as you are just not grasping the logical and philosophical ramifications of your language. law dont operate with nothing, the laws of this unverse dont nor would the laws of a hypothetical universe, its like saying what if there was a different type of infinite that did not go on forever, you have changed what it means to be infinite, it is a ill-logical fallacy, and if you cant see this you should change your username.

im being a dick, because you, sandy and others make dumb points over and over, while others have understood what i say and keep making me repeat myself with dumb arguments. this was something you said
"So basically, whenever you don't know something, but believe it, you have faith in it" yes this is actually the definition of faith, do some research. why should i have to defend if a different type of nothing exists? this question is convaluted and self-defeating, can you see why. what if there was a different type of black? THEN IT WOULDNT BE THAT TYPE OF BLACK BUT ANOTHER MAKING IT DIFFERENT WITH NO RELEVANCE TO OUR ARGUEMENT. nothing can not have variant forms, just like infinite cannot, and saying things like what if we had this sixth sense etc etc which is what your asking me to conceptualize doesnt hold water.

every atheist pay attention
if you say everything needs a cause then there is a infinite regression of causes, making this something(life) not possible. so logical something needs to be eternal, but based on science this unverse is not, therefore it had a creation a cause. the only way for anything to exist is for something to exist that has always existed and is uncaused. could be another universe, god, a bunny rabbit i dont know but some non-thing outside of time(hence uncaused)created us.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2006, 09:04:58 AM »
to wrap up the faith thing if you dont know something and beleive it to be true this is faith, that doesnt mean it is not true it just means you dont KNOW it IS true. do you follow. i believe that sweden exists because others have said it does, i havent been there, so i have faith it does exist, based on others. .i have friends who are atheist who are much smarter then me and i have a hard time arguing with them, i dont have all the answers, i have no problem with you faith, i have a faith with no concrete evidence, but i think there are more reasons to beleive then not to beleive. thats why i cannot force or say your faith is dumb, because all i have at the end of the day is faith and if im not wrong isnt this what the bible says is that only way to god. i have read mountains of material from all sides, i have concluded that there is a god, can i prove it NO.i can provide probable evidence.

forgot to ask.anything else?