Author Topic: Couple of Q's for Chick  (Read 4375 times)

Alex Velickovic

• Getbig II
Couple of Q's for Chick
« on: December 06, 2006, 06:48:49 PM »
Hey Chick,

Do you think Pros could get organised enough to get a union going?

What do you think are the biggest issues with the federation that the pros are currently facing?

*More prizemoney (how much is fair/enough)?
*Increased qualification spots for the O?
*Judging of the posing round - can it be done fairly?

thisiskeith12

Re: Couple of Q's for Chick
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 06:51:50 PM »
I think Bob is slowly but surely making changes. You can't build a house in one day.

Alex Velickovic

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 06:56:23 PM »
I think Bob is slowly but surely making changes. You can't build a house in one day.

I agree, he's doing well.. I just want to know what their (IFBB pros) big issues are these days.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 06:59:08 PM »
1. No

2. Money will always be, and has always been at the forefront of what we need.

They have increased the amount of qualifying spots, as the Ironman Pro is now the top 5...I put in a proposal for having 3 people qualify at each show (5 at the ASC and NYP) no matter how many athletes are previously qualified.

Meaning: If the top 3 were already qualified, then you go to the next 3 (places 4,5,6)

If the top 2 were already qualified, then places 3,4,5 qualify)

Unfortunately, it was denied...

My goal is to get more guys (and girls) to the big dance...I don't see where this hurts the sport, and only promotes it more, giving more opportunity to more athletes.

Judging of the posing round:

Yes, it can be judged fairly as I have gotten the proposal to enforce the "no props" rule..passed.

No more props will make it easier for the judges to score the posing round (even though I still think it's ridiculous to judge it, anyway...)

Let the PDI use props and look like clowns...If we want to be taken seriously, we need to start looking more seriously.

Alex Velickovic

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 07:08:34 PM »
1. No

2. Money will always be, and has always been at the forefront of what we need.

They have increased the amount of qualifying spots, as the Ironman Pro is now the top 5...I put in a proposal for having 3 people qualify at each show (5 at the ASC and NYP) no matter how many athletes are previously qualified.

Meaning: If the top 3 were already qualified, then you go to the next 3 (places 4,5,6)

If the top 2 were already qualified, then places 3,4,5 qualify)

Unfortunately, it was denied...

My goal is to get more guys (and girls) to the big dance...I don't see where this hurts the sport, and only promotes it more, giving more opportunity to more athletes.

Judging of the posing round:

Yes, it can be judged fairly as I have gotten the proposal to enforce the "no props" rule..passed.

No more props will make it easier for the judges to score the posing round (even though I still think it's ridiculous to judge it, anyway...)

Let the PDI use props and look like clowns...If we want to be taken seriously, we need to start looking more seriously.

I think the props are not in the best interest of BB. IMO if people like Melvin & Co. are going to put the effort in their posing routines, there is a need to judge it for want of a better word in a artistic sense.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 07:09:13 PM »
Chick it appears that as of lately you are doing a much better job....keep it up

see..it only took some major heat from us on getbig to light a fire under you
Here comes the money shot

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 08:37:29 PM »
ditto, I kinda start regreting the shit I talked to the man :(

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 06:31:59 AM »
The IFBB stooge Chick is more in the pockets of IFBB than Jimmy Hoffa was in the pockets of the Mob.

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 06:41:56 AM »
The IFBB stooge Chick is more in the pockets of IFBB than Jimmy Hoffa was in the pockets of the Mob.

SADLY THIS SEEMS TRUE, chick when are we gunna get new judges... everyone agrees that the judging (in general) is super inconsistent with the mandate and sucks... we need fresh eyes or this sport will continue to plummet ...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 05:31:56 PM »
SADLY THIS SEEMS TRUE, chick when are we gunna get new judges... everyone agrees that the judging (in general) is super inconsistent with the mandate and sucks... we need fresh eyes or this sport will continue to plummet ...

Im not in charge of judging, or getting new ones...

You would be surprised just how few people are interested in becoming judges...it's a pretty short line.

I hear people bitching all the time about the judging, yet 99% of these people arent willing to become one...

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 06:10:05 PM »
im willing to become one... honestly... where do i start?... i think i have the "eye" needed.... local shows... NPC?...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 06:36:32 PM »
You start out as a test judge at the local level, then move up the ranks accordingly.

Get a hold of whoever the District chairman is in your area, and tell them you are interested...

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2006, 06:50:38 PM »
You start out as a test judge at the local level, then move up the ranks accordingly.

Get a hold of whoever the District chairman is in your area, and tell them you are interested...

thank you, my quest begins now

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2006, 06:55:03 PM »
What state are you from?

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2006, 07:45:40 PM »
LI NY.... i train at bevs so it just kinda dawned on me as to who to ask   :-\

rs3000

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2006, 09:48:44 PM »
Bob..

Yeah sometimes props can look bad, but you don't think it will aid in entertainment value, which would aid the sport?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2006, 08:59:00 AM »
Bob..

Yeah sometimes props can look bad, but you don't think it will aid in entertainment value, which would aid the sport?

No, I think it detracts from the display of physique...besides that, it doesn't make much sense to me...a guy comes out dressed like Conan or whatever for 10 seconds...preceeds to take off every thing, gets rid of the prop, then starts his posing routine anyway...

Save that shit for guestposing.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2006, 09:05:35 AM »
exactly chick. exactly.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2006, 09:15:46 AM »
i hear rodney st. cloud has a lot of props when posing....
footloose and fancy free

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2006, 09:23:46 AM »
and what about certain "dance moves" that are really just too sexual in nature... i mean watching melvin and dex hip thrust 50 times might be great for some,  but most of us think its gross... shoudnt the IFBB limit the types of sexual "dance moves" guys are allowed to use... i mean dancing is one thing, but shouldnt the emphasis be on true posing?...

No, I think it detracts from the display of physique...besides that, it doesn't make much sense to me...a guy comes out dressed like Conan or whatever for 10 seconds...preceeds to take off every thing, gets rid of the prop, then starts his posing routine anyway...

agreed take away the stripping of props and the faggy dance moves... when people watch a show for the first time they shouldnt think theyre at chip and dales

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2006, 09:24:09 AM »
Chic...whats wrong with props? Arent they meant to give a theatrical effect?

Isnt bodybuilding supposed to be an artform? Just as how ballet dancers or ice skaters use costumes for the dramatic effect?

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2006, 09:27:47 AM »
Bob..

yeah..like ronnie coming out as fucking moses at the olympia...real entertainment value there...
footloose and fancy free

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2006, 09:28:01 AM »

Chick

Do you see any possible way that bodybuilding will regain its past popularity? If so, how?

I remember seeing the Night of Champions at a sold out 3000+ seat Beacon Theatre. Now, that event couldn't sell out the men's room at Hooter's.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2006, 09:47:35 AM »
Chic...whats wrong with props? Arent they meant to give a theatrical effect?

Isnt bodybuilding supposed to be an artform? Just as how ballet dancers or ice skaters use costumes for the dramatic effect?

Props suck, and lend nothing to the physique, or bodybuilding...

All they do is make it look like a Cirque de' soleil, and a clown fest....we have trouble enough looking like a professional sport let alone having guys dressed up like characters. Anyone who remembers the WBF and more recently, the PDI...will agree that it was embarrassing and did nothing to promote BB.

Besides all that, it's impossible to judge...if the athletes had voted to get rid of the judging of the posing round (as I suggested)...then maybe the props could've stayed, but they wanted it judged....fine...but it's impossible to judge a physique with a costume on, or judging one guy who doesn't use props against one who does...are we then judging the costume also? The routine? Both?

It's ridiculous no matter how you dice it up...let the PDI look like buffoons.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2006, 09:50:40 AM »
i hear rodney st. cloud has a lot of props when posing....

WTF???