Author Topic: Bob Chick I have a question for you please  (Read 6356 times)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Re: Bob Chick I have a question for you please
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2006, 01:42:19 AM »
I knew you were an idiot and couldn`t follow my post on Molarity. Again,
The most important thing to remember concerning dilution is that you are only adding solvent. You are not adding solute when you dilute. Therefore:

moles of solute before dilution = moles of solute after dilution

If you were to drink 2 gallons of water with 1 pint of whiskey versus 1 Pint of Whiskey, you would still drink 1 Pint of whiskey.

You are correct....IF YOU DRINK the whole two gallons there is still the same amount ingested.If there are 10 glasses full of the mixture total,and you drink 1 glass,you still have 9 left...so you only drank 1/10 of the whiskey.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2006, 01:44:31 AM »
I knew you were an idiot and couldn`t follow my post on Molarity. Again,
The most important thing to remember concerning dilution is that you are only adding solvent. You are not adding solute when you dilute. Therefore:

moles of solute before dilution = moles of solute after dilution

If you were to drink 2 gallons of water with 1 pint of whiskey versus 1 Pint of Whiskey, you would still drink 1 Pint of whiskey.

If you had 3000 grams of sugar water dilluted with a gallon of water versus 3000 grams of sugar in a cup of water, you still have 3000 grams of sugar.   Furthermore water dillution is pointless to consider with an Insulin Response.

Water alone has no effect on Insulin Sensitivity.  Water combined with any substance still has no effect in reality.  If any effect, it would be an increase in sensitivity as evidenced by the above studies, since there would be less enzymatic breakdown aiding in easier digestion. 

The same principle applies when  you grind up oatmeal into a fine powder, or mash a potato.  The Glycemic Index changes.

The Glycemic Index is meaningless anyway in most situations.

BOB CHICK,

You really are dumb.  You don`t even have the slightest clue.

If you add one box of jello mix to 2 cups of water it will turn into a solid.  If you add one box of jello to one gallon of water it turns to colored water.  If you stuff a jelly donut with 1/2 cup of jelly it remains a jelly donut.  But if you put in 2 cups of jelly into a jelly donut it becomes a mess.  I know this cause I eat donuts. ;D  

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2006, 01:47:04 AM »
We are also talking 2 liters Not 2 Gallons.  Certainly he wasn`t going to space out 2 liters of liquid in a day period.

The real argument is about dilution itself.  Chick and company seem to think diluting sugar with water will cause less of an Insulin "Spike" due to the introduction of water.  They think that diluting 1 gram of sugar with water will somehow magically lower the effect of insulin response of 1 gram of sugar.

That was their original intent.  Scroll back up and read.  Quite hillarious that they could be so stupid.

wrong dumbass. NOBODY said adding water made less of a response to sugar. What was said is 8 ounces of water plus 2 ounces of sugar= LESS SUGAR INGESTED than 10 ounces of sugar.

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2006, 01:59:06 AM »
We are also talking 2 liters Not 2 Gallons.  Certainly he wasn`t going to space out 2 liters of liquid in a day period.

The real argument is about dilution itself.  Chick and company seem to think diluting sugar with water will cause less of an Insulin "Spike" due to the introduction of water.  They think that diluting 1 gram of sugar with water will somehow magically lower the effect of insulin response of 1 gram of sugar.

That was their original intent.  Scroll back up and read.  Quite hillarious that they could be so stupid.

Yeah, well, it's obviously basic chemistry that the addition of water (unless it results in a chemical reaction of course) doesn't change the total amount of the original compound- merely the concentration.

I haven't really been following this thread save for page three- it looked like the argument is that the addition of water means that the drinker takes a longer time to consume the mixture, and so the total amount of sugar consumed per minute/hour is lowered. Hence, lower insulin response.

Which, of course, is spot on.

Perhaps an innocent mistake was made and ammended. They're agreeing with you now, so they're surely not stupid.

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2006, 02:02:11 AM »

Well, I just read the thread from page one, and nowhere did anyone assert what you seem to be saying they said. All it comes down to is a misinterpretation of Bob's post on page one- as confirmed by his agreement with gtbro1.

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2006, 02:51:54 AM »
BOB  WEARS HIGH HEELS NOUGH SAID.
i

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2006, 06:03:05 AM »
Exactly...

A simple point made difficult merely for the sake of Adonis trying to make himself look smarter than he is....

The guy was worried about having to much sugar at one time...even though it wasn't that high in sugar to begin with...the other problem he wanted an answer to, was how to drink more water throughout the day, because he didn't like drinking plain water...

Simple solution....mix it in 2 gal. of water...best of both worlds.

Why this Frankenstein looking goof insists on chiming in is beyond me.....

TA has owned himself once again, truely he is a waste of a human life...
I

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2006, 07:10:55 AM »
Haha what a major misunderstanding here

Ofcourse 3000 grams of sugar in water is still 3000 gr of sugar and would give the same insulin response as the 3000g sugar by itself if you drank the whole mixture at once

However that was not the point, the guy will drink it throughout the day, not at once

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2006, 02:47:34 PM »
If you add one box of jello mix to 2 cups of water it will turn into a solid.  If you add one box of jello to one gallon of water it turns to colored water.  If you stuff a jelly donut with 1/2 cup of jelly it remains a jelly donut.  But if you put in 2 cups of jelly into a jelly donut it becomes a mess.  I know this cause I eat donuts. ;D  

Well...what would happen if you eat all that & then walk outside when's it's below 32 degrees?

;D

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2006, 03:05:15 PM »

Hmmmm....hard choice

Either listen to the advice of a Mr USA, IFBB Pro, and reigning Master's World Champion or a Runner Up at a internet contest...... ::)

according to him, he won the contest..Never mind what the judges said. 
Here comes the money shot

brian36

• Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2006, 05:59:47 PM »
Nice roll of fat around the belly button TA

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2006, 10:13:01 PM »
Chick,GTBRO, and the other dumbasses,

You sirs, are all idiots.   

who is the idiot now you retard? You can't even read and understand what EVERYONE in this thread,except you,was saying. You sir should just kill yourself.

Doublemonk

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2006, 09:57:43 AM »
wow, I feel pretty dumb after reading this. Being obvisiouly wrong but still continuing to insult other peoples intelligence.
Nice try talking about molarity of solutions. You sure seem to understand the concept behind it........and that coming from somebody that claims to have several degrees in several natural sciences.
"It's so easy"...........well doesn't seem to be the case this time, right??

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2006, 03:11:03 PM »
I love crystal light fruit punch flavor. If the damn Coors Original didnt get in the way..................... ..... :-\
Truly STOP WHINING

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2006, 03:19:43 PM »
I have never seen Crystal light here... and no ireland does not suck its a beautiful country you guys should come over one day :)

TA of course insulin spike is an issue
Ireland rocks... never been there but 1000's of their finest women turn up in sydney every year and they are horny bitches! ;D

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2006, 03:36:06 PM »
wow, I feel pretty dumb after reading this. Being obvisiouly wrong but still continuing to insult other peoples intelligence.
Nice try talking about molarity of solutions. You sure seem to understand the concept behind it........and that coming from somebody that claims to have several degrees in several natural sciences.
"It's so easy"...........well doesn't seem to be the case this time, right??

It is so easy for him. Looking like a fool that is

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2006, 04:48:06 AM »
BOB I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU DO  YOU SPIT OR SWALLOW?
i