Author Topic: This man could be the next Pres of the US.  (Read 8656 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
This man could be the next Pres of the US.
« on: December 07, 2006, 03:28:35 PM »
He will get the Hispanic vote and the Dem vote.  I don't know if anyone could beat that.

New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson Says He's Running for President in 2008

New Mexico Gov.Bill Richardson will be making a run for the White House in 2008, the Democrat confirmed to FOX News on Thursday.

"I've dealt with the issues that are very important today — national security, immigration and energy," said Richardson, who was Secretary of Energy and later UN Ambassador during the Clinton administration.

In addition to his previous experience in the Clinton White House, Richardson believes that his Hispanic heritage will be an advantage in his campaign for the presidency.

"I am Hispanic, which I believe is an asset," Richardson said. "But I'm not running as an Hispanic, I am running as an American who is proud to be Hispanic."

Richardson said that he does not intend to form a presidential exploratory committee until January. He has, however, begun hiring national campaign staff, and plans a visit to early primary state New Hampshire in mid-January.

FOX News' Carl Cameron contributed to this report

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
Re: This man could be the next Pres of the US.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 03:31:45 PM »
What are his positions on the major issues?

1. Iraq/Iran/Afganastan?
2. Taxes
3. Immigration
4. Abortion
5. Gun control or ownership
6. Taxes
7. Terrorism
8. goverment oversite

Thanks

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 03:32:09 PM »
He will get the Hispanic vote and the Dem vote.  I don't know if anyone could beat that.

Maybe the guy who gets the white and Republican vote?   :)

I like Richardson.  Good candidate.  Only baggage that I can think of is the "stolen" records thing on his watch (cannot remember the details).  The problem is Dems haven't been smart enough to put someone like this at the top of their ticket.  Hillary will probably leave him in the dust.  

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 03:36:37 PM »
No clue! LOL...

I know very little about him.  But with things how they are, the Dems would win the White house.  And hilary is polarizing, Obama is peaking way too early, and Richardson is the model of consistency.  plus in interviews he has some serious calm confidence. I don't know his policy.  But even if he's all for striinging up kittens, a calm democrat from a highly hispanic state might be unbeatable.

Without a doubt the current system of political backlash its going to be a dem (heaven help us) I would just like to find out more about who so I can start hating them early... ;D Plus do you think the world is ready for President Obama..oh boy what a bad name.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 03:37:35 PM »
tom tancreado baby
Valhalla awaits.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 03:40:47 PM »
Oh, I get it now.  But the white male vote is outnumbered.  And it's splintered.  Repubs do remarkably well with hispanics - well, they did until 2006, when that changed sharply thanks to bush's border policy.  This issue pretty much gave the dems the congress - look at the voting of hispanics in 2004 vs 2006.  They jumped to dem.

Between the war mess we'll still have in 2008, 2 more years of bully bush, more 9/11 truth movement growth (even if you consider it total bullshit, you cannot discount its influence based upon MSM poll data), and a general need for a change, the repubs could be in major trouble.

AHHHH you said you were cutting back... ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 03:45:53 PM »

"I am Hispanic, which I believe is an asset," Richardson said. "But I'm not running as an Hispanic, I am running as an American who is proud to be Hispanic."

Hispanic with a Anglo last name. That might not garner the Latino vote. It might aleinate him, by making it like he is playing to his latino heritage. But when shit hits the fan with immigration and he gets pressured, he will distance himself. Plus many Latinos (Mexican) don't like it when people of Euro descent start playing that game. In Mexico, many didn't like Fox because he traced his heritage to the Spanish, not of the Ameridian blood, that many Mexicans are from.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 03:48:46 PM »
Oh, I get it now.  But the white male vote is outnumbered.  And it's splintered.  Repubs do remarkably well with hispanics - well, they did until 2006, when that changed sharply thanks to bush's border policy.  This issue pretty much gave the dems the congress - look at the voting of hispanics in 2004 vs 2006.  They jumped to dem.

Between the war mess we'll still have in 2008, 2 more years of bully bush, more 9/11 truth movement growth (even if you consider it total bullshit, you cannot discount its influence based upon MSM poll data), and a general need for a change, the repubs could be in major trouble.

The 04 election wasn't really that close.  Three million more votes for Bush.  Only 3 percent more than Kerry, but if you look at the number of states who voted for Bush over Kerry, it was pretty overwhelming.  

I think it's too early to tell how 08 will turn.  Voters may or may not still be angry in 08.  The Dems have to actually DO something in the next year or so.  BUT, given the Dems history, I think they are going down in flames again.  If they find and nominate someone like Bill Clinton (a smart, strong on crime, fiscal moderate), they have a great shot.  What I suspect will happen is this:  Mondale, Dukakis, Gore, Kerry . . . Hillary.  

What they should do is put their weight behind Edwards and someone like Richardson.  I doubt that happens.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 03:54:18 PM »
What are his positions on the major issues?

1. Iraq/Iran/Afganastan?
2. Taxes
3. Immigration
4. Abortion
5. Gun control or ownership
6. Taxes
7. Terrorism
8. goverment oversite

Thanks

I want to know where he stands on:

1.  Taxes
2.  Taxes
3.  Taxes
4.  The war on Terror
5.  Defense
6.  Crime
7.  Abortion
8.  Gay marriage
9.  Taxes
10.  Taxes

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 04:01:42 PM »
Bush won with OH and FL.  If there had been a physical recount, statistically, there is only a one in a billion chance that Bush would have won that recount. This isn't me tlaking, this is cold hard facts.  Bush's wins in both states, despite monster exit poll results going to Kerry... well, if you believe Bush had more votes, you don't understand statistics.  Sorry, BB, but you don't.  They were statistical anomalies coinciding with new electronic machines run by a company owned by a republican backer with numerous public statements which should have DQ'd him.  Call it liberal bunk, I call it math.  Exit polls have been right consistently throughout history, except in OH & FL in 04.

I do agree they are stupid and tend to get someone like Hilary who cannot win.  I think she'd be a better VP with someone more stable at Prez.  (I can't stand her, but to deny her presence would be silly).

I'm not debating that exit poll conspiracy nonsense, I'm talking about the number of people who voted for Bush vs. Kerry (over 3 million) and the number of states won by Bush (38).  From that standpoint, the election was not close. 

Hillary would be a horrible VP, just like she would be a horrible president.  Wherever they put her on the ticket, she will kill the Dems in the general election.  I have been saying for about two years that she is the frontrunner and it's her nomination to lose.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 07:42:06 AM »
Right, because a completely provable and scientific manner for measuring results isn't needed when your gut tells you nothing is wrong.

::)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 08:02:48 AM »
This guy isn't winning the nomination from the Democrats. Tragically at least right now it appears the beast Clinton is the front runner. YIKES.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 09:13:13 AM »
No clue! LOL...

I know very little about him.  But with things how they are, the Dems would win the White house.  And hilary is polarizing, Obama is peaking way too early, and Richardson is the model of consistency.  plus in interviews he has some serious calm confidence. I don't know his policy.  But even if he's all for striinging up kittens, a calm democrat from a highly hispanic state might be unbeatable.

How about starting looking into the issues of candidates before boosting them as future Presidents? ;)

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 09:30:04 AM »
Rolling your eyes at a completely provable scientific method of sampling populations to get accurate data.  Brilliant comeback! 

Next, when I tell you the sky is blue, I want to you flip me off to REALLY show me I'm wrong, mmkay?

::) ::)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2006, 09:31:33 AM »
How about starting looking into the issues of candidates before boosting them as future Presidents? ;)

YIP
Zack

Yep, Hedgehog has you there 240.  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2006, 09:31:58 AM »

YIP
Zack

I agree.  That's why I think the Obama hype is premature.  He gave a good convention speech and looks good, but that's about it at this point.  Once any candidate starts taking positions on hot button issues, they immediately alienate about half the electorate.  

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2006, 09:54:23 AM »
I agree.  That's why I think the Obama hype is premature.  He gave a good convention speech and looks good, but that's about it at this point.  Once any candidate starts taking positions on hot button issues, they immediately alienate about half the electorate. 

If it was all about charisma, being likeable, a good guy, then you would have someone like Steve Martin or Bill Murray as the president of the USA.

You need to be smart, have political skills and a political agenda.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2006, 09:57:03 AM »
If it was all about charisma, being likeable, a good guy, then you would have someone like Steve Martin or Bill Murray as the president of the USA.

You need to be smart, have political skills and a political agenda.

YIP
Zack

And the agenda has to be acceptable to a majority of voters. 

The 06 elections were about one issue:  the war.  I doubt the 08 elections will be just about the war, particularly the presidential election. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2006, 10:07:17 AM »
tom tancreado baby
I use to like tancreado a lot until he went off the deep end and started doing crazy shit like saying we should nuke mecca for 9/11 ::)  The immigration issue is important to me and there are some stupid dems in this area so I could be very happy about a dem running who is for border security.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2006, 11:20:00 AM »
Bill Richardson on the issues.

The site up to date.
http://www.issues2000.org/Bill_Richardson.htm

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2006, 12:14:30 PM »
Bill Richardson on the issues.

The site up to date.
http://www.issues2000.org/Bill_Richardson.htm

"Continue to cut taxes and reform the tax code. (Jan 2004)
Reduce income tax; create Taxpayer Bill of Rights. (Oct 2002)"

I like him already.   :)  He'll need to identify where he stands on more social issues.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2006, 12:21:27 PM »
"Continue to cut taxes and reform the tax code. (Jan 2004)
Reduce income tax; create Taxpayer Bill of Rights. (Oct 2002)"

I like him already.   :)  He'll need to identify where he stands on more social issues.   
a dem that appeals righties  to any significant extent could be unstopable.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2006, 12:41:30 PM »
a dem that appeals righties  to any significant extent could be unstopable.

Unless he faces a Repub that appeals to lefties, or the "Reagan Democrats." 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2006, 12:55:53 PM »
this man would have to possess both a pro- and anti- war platform.

The war is such a divisive issue.. i'm not sure any one guy/girl can bridge that gap.  it's why we have 49/49 results every election, and none of that 80/20 shit that Reagan enjoyed.

Bush Sr. and Clinton won by fairly comfortable margins, no?  In fact, Perot pulled a significant portion of the vote the first time around.  I was actually going to vote for him till he revealed he is a nut.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2006, 11:36:08 AM »
nevermind........ Richardson wants to scrap the border fence.... Not like the fence would have been built, republicans didn't fund it anyway.