Author Topic: ideas to make political board a good place?  (Read 4470 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
ideas to make political board a good place?
« on: December 07, 2006, 09:45:50 PM »
1) No merging of threads.   We had a clusterfuck of threads, like 40 topics, merged into one 911 thread.

2)  No death threats.  otherwise, I will have to impale Delusional on the Venezuelan flag and let him bleed out for the whole village to see.

3) Sources, fact - let's find a way to organize and

4) all sides - RATIONAL person(s) from all side of issues - far left, right, and moderate.  And no one who will act like a dick and delete good stuff.  berserker is a great choice - he will argue and source for hours, but I nkow he won't delete a thing.  Any moderate or far right people interested who won't do things like delete randomly or threaten lives?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: ideas to make political board a good place?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 10:21:34 PM »
1) No merging of threads.   We had a clusterfuck of threads, like 40 topics, merged into one 911 thread.

2)  No death threats.  otherwise, I will have to impale Delusional on the Venezuelan flag and let him bleed out for the whole village to see.

3) Sources, fact - let's find a way to organize and

4) all sides - RATIONAL person(s) from all side of issues - far left, right, and moderate.  And no one who will act like a dick and delete good stuff.  berserker is a great choice - he will argue and source for hours, but I nkow he won't delete a thing.  Any moderate or far right people interested who won't do things like delete randomly or threaten lives?
I agree, the only thing I don't want to see is beheading vids.  And that was already so in General so it's no change.  I don't want to see merging of threads... If the topics can stand alone and bring a different debate, post away... If you post a bunch of stuff on the same exact topic on that day it should propably be put together... That is you woudn't want 9 thread talking about the brick that flew out widow 400 of WTC 7 in one day ;D  Bigtime, I loved being able to sift through Jags threads and comment on what I liked and leave what I didn't and that got killed under general...  Ron said to make this fun and I hope it can be fun... But let's not do away with heated arguments either ;D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 02:46:48 AM »
Yeah I agree and just because your a republican or conservative does not mean your a racist or a facist.
L

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 07:19:48 AM »
Just keep the conspiracy theory stuff out of this board.
The House that Ruth built

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 07:22:34 AM »
Just keep the conspiracy theory stuff out of this board.

Part of the reason this board was created was to give 240 a forum for his 9/11 conspiracy theories.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 09:19:06 AM »
Merge threads and make a few stickys.

Keep one 9-11 Conspiracy thread, one Election 2008 thread, one Iraq war thread. I'm sure other topics could be thought of.

Every thread that is started that should be on those threads, gets merged to those.

Why do it? It makes the board easy-to-read, and discussions aren't lost.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 09:33:08 AM »
I vote for a faked moon landing conspiracy thread . . . .

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 10:07:27 AM »
I think Blinky should post every other post with some of his visual aids.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 10:27:12 AM »
Sorry I'm not going to be a merger Nazi or limit political ideas that a few members don't like... If you don't want to read 240's 9/11 stuff... DON'T click the goddamned thread... look at what happened when you guys tried to silence him, it manifested in every thread and then there was complaints that he spamed threads with it.  Well isn't it just easier to not click the thread an post if you're that against dealing with it...  The idea is out there in the public... Me pappy always said if you can't stand up and tell people why it's wrong, you're wrong. We wanted this board to break free of these oppressive rules, lets not have it here.  I'll merge stuff that is exactly the same, so no posting 4 threads at the same time about the rate of fall of wtc7 or whatever. But there can easily be different argument going about different aspects of 9/11... It's a giant field of debate... One thread is a death sentense to that debate.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 12:38:06 PM »
Thanks berserker!

hedge,

I will work to be very good with not posting 20 links a day to 911 topics.  I scan them every day but only post what I consider to be big news, and I am not one to bump threads.  I will work to merge daily thoughts into one topic if they're related.

But if we want to debate the rate of WTC's fall in one thread, and the economics behind the attacks, and the recent group of hollwood/politicians/scientists who have joined the movement, I think those warrant 3 separate threads.  Merging them would make the thread unreadable.

besides... chances are we'll have 5 or 6 threads going at once called "bush sucks" or "liberals are pussies".  i think devoting a few threads to the biggest attack in all of our lifetimes, whether you live in America or abroad (chances are, the US will somehow use 911 to affect your nation) is the responsible thing to do.

The idea of merging threads, is to keep all info in one place, and to avoid the "Hey, Look at ME"-disease that at times plagues internet boards.

In short: To avoid Teh Post Whores.

Another effect: It will be much easier to keep up with threads. They will stay on the first page much longer, since there won't be 20 new threads started by eager members each day.

The debates will rage on. But in threads. Just like they do in the Hulkster/ND-Truce thread.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 12:53:17 PM »

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 01:05:53 PM »
I'm not against 9 or so individual topics being posted by one user.  If they don't warrent attention, they go poof... Page 2.  The biggest problem with one thread for a topic like 9/11 is it IS a death sentense to the topic.  I'm not going to do that here.  This is the political board, not the gossip and opinions board and while I do believe we have enough people to keep busy in debate, we're never going to be swamped like gossip and need that strict structuring.  Strict dedicated threads for giant topics like 9/11 will kill this board overnight.  If a post whore has different stuff to bring with each thread, let them post away... The topics that grab people will grab people and the ones that don't are gone.  Plus, we're not talking about a huge epidemic here.  Even the people who do this kind of thing don't do it all the time.  So every once in a while someone comes in and posts 8 thread on different things... so what...  I say if a thread got lost it deserved to get lost who cares about keeping track of everything... That's what the search button works great for... want to dig up everything in one wack on WTC7.... Bang.... Search... Comment...

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 01:28:20 PM »
I'm not against 9 or so individual topics being posted by one user.  If they don't warrent attention, they go poof... Page 2.  The biggest problem with one thread for a topic like 9/11 is it IS a death sentense to the topic.  I'm not going to do that here.  This is the political board, not the gossip and opinions board and while I do believe we have enough people to keep busy in debate, we're never going to be swamped like gossip and need that strict structuring.  Strict dedicated threads for giant topics like 9/11 will kill this board overnight.  If a post whore has different stuff to bring with each thread, let them post away... The topics that grab people will grab people and the ones that don't are gone.  Plus, we're not talking about a huge epidemic here.  Even the people who do this kind of thing don't do it all the time.  So every once in a while someone comes in and posts 8 thread on different things... so what...  I say if a thread got lost it deserved to get lost who cares about keeping track of everything... That's what the search button works great for... want to dig up everything in one wack on WTC7.... Bang.... Search... Comment...

This is kind of off-topic:

WTC7... What happened to WTC1-6?

From what I recall there were TWO towers that got hit?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 01:42:51 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collapse_of_the_World_Trade_Center#Other_buildings
Other buildings

The entire WTC complex was destroyed on September 11, 2001, and many of the surrounding buildings were also either damaged or destroyed as the towers fell. 5 WTC suffered a large fire and a partial collapse of its steel structure.

Other buildings destroyed include St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, Marriott World Trade Center (Marriott Hotel 3 WTC), South Plaza (4 WTC), and U.S. Customs (6 WTC). The World Financial Center buildings, 90 West Street, and 130 Cedar Street suffered fires. The Deutsche Bank Building, Verizon, and World Financial Center 3 suffered impact damage from the towers' collapse, as did 90 West Street. One Liberty Plaza survived structurally intact but sustained surface damage including shattered windows. 30 West Broadway was damaged by the collapse of 7 WTC. The Deutsche Bank Building, known through images of it being covered in a large black 'shroud' after September 11th to cover the building's damage, is currently being deconstructed[40] because of water, mold, and other severe damage caused by the neighboring towers' collapse.
Z

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2006, 02:04:24 PM »
As empty as paradise