Author Topic: Pre contest thoughts  (Read 3618 times)

hendog

• Getbig II
Pre contest thoughts
« on: December 08, 2006, 06:40:49 AM »
Looking for opinions of what you fellas and ladies think is the number one mistake made in pre contest prep by most competitors, AAS doses, Diuretics, Thyroid meds, Carbing up / diet, training frequency? I know each has an equal share as far as success goes in pre contest but I have never competed and want to this year locally so I am looking for stories and advice on what to look into. I have never used diuretics, cutting AAS (only Test, deca and dbol cycles) and Thyroid meds so it is all alien to me. Thanks in advance.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Pre contest thoughts
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 08:00:10 AM »
depending too much on AAS, supplements and fat burners to do the job and being lazy with diet and cardio.  Look at guys like Victor Martinez.  I don't think he ever had issues with his supplementation but diet wise couldn't dial it in until this years Olympia.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 12:16:15 PM »
Looking for opinions of what you fellas and ladies think is the number one mistake made in pre contest prep by most competitors, AAS doses, Diuretics, Thyroid meds, Carbing up / diet, training frequency? I know each has an equal share as far as success goes in pre contest but I have never competed and want to this year locally so I am looking for stories and advice on what to look into. I have never used diuretics, cutting AAS (only Test, deca and dbol cycles) and Thyroid meds so it is all alien to me. Thanks in advance.

Many bodybuilders never find out the combination of AAS/drugs and proper dosages that will allow them to show up dialed in.

It all depends on genetics as to what specific anabolic compounds work best, and the same for T3, DNP, Clen...

I also think bodybuilders cheat on diet too much during pre-contest prep and that more than the drugs determines whether they show up defined and chiseled or holding water.

Knowing one's body.......how to carb-up, and how much and when....

There are many ways for a bodybuilder to fail.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 12:56:30 PM »
Biggest mistakes, typically the carb depleting/loading phase at the end as well as water issues.

A lot of guys say 10-14 days out may look pretty good and then shoot themselves in the foot with their last wk preparations...the most common mistake is the carb-up and then end up spilling over...a lot of unexperienced guys would probably be better off not going too drastic with water and carb manipulation at the end...this is of course assuming they are already in shape in the first place.

As for mistakes made with AAS, the biggest one is the use of test during a pre-contest diet. A lot of guys, not all but a lot, need to pull test out of the equation a few wks before a show...the last few wks of test usage should be a fast acting ester such as prop, then 2-3wks before the show, no more test. Yes, running test until show time will keep you fuller, but it keeps a lot of guys from looking as tight and sharp as they could otherwise. Like I mentioned, this does not applie to everyone, some guys can get away with it and it can actually benefit them...but like we always talk about, drugs affect everyone a little differently. On a side note about the test, a lot of people will argue that test should never be removed from a cycle, even a contest cycle, things like libido and energy levels etc will be brought up. But in a true contest diet, these things are not a concern at the end stage...if you've truly dieted down, it doesn't matter how much test you take, your libido and energy levels will be shot test or no test.

Diuretics: the biggest mistake here is simply having no clue as to what you are doing...going off of stuff like "this guy at my gyms said do this, and he won a show, so I'll do it." What usually ends up happening is that you take way too much, cut you r water too much, you end up cramping up on stage or even passing out.

spiderman405

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 01:46:07 PM »
what percentage of pros use t3 precontest. does the majority rely on it or do most diet with good discipline.

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 11:47:41 AM »

You should be worring bout proper carb loading AND water depletion, If you start cutting water the last week before the show, you wont need a diuretic..

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 05:42:29 PM »
You should be worring bout proper carb loading AND water depletion, If you start cutting water the last week before the show, you wont need a diuretic..

I have always heard to keep drinking plenty of water up until the day before the show.  Otherwise your body goes into a water hording mode and actually holds more water.  Big dave P has lots of thoughts on this and that guy can prep some competitors.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 07:06:56 PM »
I have always heard to keep drinking plenty of water up until the day before the show.  Otherwise your body goes into a water hording mode and actually holds more water.  Big dave P has lots of thoughts on this and that guy can prep some competitors.
Yes he can. His new guy Evan Centopani, this years JR. Nationals winner looked phenomenal.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 07:55:56 PM »
Yes he can. His new guy Evan Centopani, this years JR. Nationals winner looked phenomenal.

Yep saw that show, EC was awsome.

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 08:59:36 PM »

It's been my experience that I've overdone the carbs and underdone the water which made me come in looking far less ripped that I could have been. (always listen to your trainer, mine has been training pros for many years) I thought I knew what was best for my body...ha ha...The next show I did the opposite which left me looking flat and dry like jerky. Still not quite the right look...Now I just do what he tells me and don't question it. I took home 2 1st place and the Overall last show. But anyway cutting out your oils 6 weeks out, use a cutting stack of Clenbuterol, winstrol, and T3, and the last week before a show start drinking Distilled water only. If you make drinks use the distilled water. Stress is a major factor for me and leads to water retention so try to do whatever you can to just chill. Know your poses and routine so well you can do it in your sleep. Then show day have fun!!!!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 04:21:13 AM »
Stress is a major factor for me and leads to water retention so try to do whatever you can to just chill. Know your poses and routine so well you can do it in your sleep. Then show day have fun!!!!

This is so true and most people are under stress while at the show.  Stress will cause all kinds of goofy things to happen with your body's chemistry.  The advice to be prepared and to have fun is spot on but can be hard for some personalities.