Author Topic: Nissan Skyline GT-R and Lotus Exige S both coming to the US.  (Read 1233 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Nissan Skyline GT-R and Lotus Exige S both coming to the US.
« on: December 08, 2006, 10:25:21 AM »
Nissan is going to bring it's beast Skyline GT-R to America, the Skyline has always been a beast and Nissan has never sold it here. Certain companies have brought them over and modified them to meet our emission and safety standards but Nissan never built one solely for the US. That's changed.

http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/11023/spied-2009-nissan-skyline-gt-r.html

And the supercharged version of the Lotus Exige called the Exige S is coming to the US. This car is an absolute MONSTER on the track. There might not be a more capable and fun car to drive around LimeRock on the planet. Good move by Lotus.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/09/26/lotus-exige-s-coming-to-america/

body88

Re: Nissan Skyline GT-R and Lotus Exige S both coming to the US.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 10:29:56 AM »
The gtr looks sick. There was speculation that it was going to come out as an infinity. Guess not.

The Current little track monster lotus"s need more power. I agree, it is a good move to bring the s over.

The new esprit is a lambo rip off  :(

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 10:34:05 AM »
The gtr looks sick. There was speculation that it was going to come out as an infinity. Guess not.

The Current little track monster lotus"s need more power. I agree, it is a good move to bring the s over.

The new esprit is a lambo rip off  :(

I agree, way too many Lambo influences in that concept drawing. I've always liked the way Lotus handled their styling, no need to change it now.

Body, that Exige S is going to be an absolute BEAST. The thing weighs less than 2,100 pounds. Imagine how much fun that thing would be down at LimeRock for a day.  :o You'd have permagrin plastered on your face for a week after spending a day with that track monster.

body88

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 10:43:55 AM »
I know a guy who lives over at the new Ritz. He has a red Elise. Thing is razor sharp. handles like you wouldn't believe. I can only imagine what this is going to be like! I hope lotus changes that design. I have seen several variations of it in magazines. All look just like the current lambos. It is a shame to. They make just great exptics.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 10:58:19 AM »
I know a guy who lives over at the new Ritz. He has a red Elise. Thing is razor sharp. handles like you wouldn't believe. I can only imagine what this is going to be like! I hope lotus changes that design. I have seen several variations of it in magazines. All look just like the current lambos. It is a shame to. They make just great exptics.

Has Manny sold his place over there yet? Do you remember when Lotus had the dealership in Copley Square? It was about 10 years ago I think. It was the tiniest place you could imagine and it was in the lobby of the Copley Plaza, at least I think it was the Plaza. You'd walk through the lobby looking at the shops and there would be an Espirit in one of the windows taking up 60% of the dealerships floor. It was pretty cool.

body88

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 12:28:53 PM »
Last I heard Manny's penthouse was on the market. I do not know if he sold it or what. With him staying in Boston I assume he did not. I never saw the lotus dealership in copley. I wish I had tho!

What is with this wacky weather? Can it just turn into a frozen tundra? I want to go snowboarding!

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 01:49:12 PM »
Nissan is going to bring it's beast Skyline GT-R to America, the Skyline has always been a beast and Nissan has never sold it here. Certain companies have brought them over and modified them to meet our emission and safety standards but Nissan never built one solely for the US. That's changed.

http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/11023/spied-2009-nissan-skyline-gt-r.html
[/img]

Speed aside, I followed your link to check out the skyline and am kind of dissapointed.  It looks like an Infinity G35 coupe with some added styling. 

This is the beef right here...

BKS - Guardian of Truth

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 03:26:00 PM »
ahhh, you beat me to it. There is a bone of contention at www.autospies.com with the GT-R. being that its performance is aimed squarely at the (997) 911 turbo. Will those who can afford a 911 Turbo cross-shopped a Gt-R?