Author Topic: 5.0 Mustang Is Back!!!  (Read 3941 times)

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
5.0 Mustang Is Back!!!
« on: December 09, 2006, 05:43:38 AM »
When the new Mustang came out I bought every magazine it was on the cover of and to my despair they said the 5.0 would be scrapped and would never come out which greatly disappointed me but now.....

From the Jan. 07 Motor Trend Magazine

The Mustang continues to be one of the few bright spots in Ford's product range, and Dearborn intends to make the most of the reborn ponycar's popularity. The recently announced 325 horsepower Shelby GT will be joined by two more Mustang variants in 2007 - an all new Bullitt and the long rumored Boss...................
    The new Boss, which will introduce Ford's all-new 5.0-liter Hurricane V-8. Due late in the year, the limited-edition Boss will get a tuned 425- to 435-horsepower version of the Hurricane, a stripped-down interior (though air-conditioning will be available), and less sound deadening.
    The idea is to replicate the original Boss Mustang's race-special feel. Only 1000 cars will be built.
    Slightly detuned from Boss spec, the Hurricane will become the regular GT's engine in 2008, when the Mustang will get a major face-lift. Insiders report every exterior panel is to be changed and updated, with the base cars getting a more aggressive look similar to that of the current Shelby GT500. The GT500, meantime, will become even more extreme looking.
    An all-new Mustang is due 2010, a year after the new Chevrolet Camero and Dodge Challenger launch.
I

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: 5.0 Mustang Is Back!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 06:05:17 AM »
When the new Mustang came out I bought every magazine it was on the cover of and to my despair they said the 5.0 would be scrapped and would never come out which greatly disappointed me but now.....

From the Jan. 07 Motor Trend Magazine

The Mustang continues to be one of the few bright spots in Ford's product range, and Dearborn intends to make the most of the reborn ponycar's popularity. The recently announced 325 horsepower Shelby GT will be joined by two more Mustang variants in 2007 - an all new Bullitt and the long rumored Boss...................
    The new Boss, which will introduce Ford's all-new 5.0-liter Hurricane V-8. Due late in the year, the limited-edition Boss will get a tuned 425- to 435-horsepower version of the Hurricane, a stripped-down interior (though air-conditioning will be available), and less sound deadening.
    The idea is to replicate the original Boss Mustang's race-special feel. Only 1000 cars will be built.
    Slightly detuned from Boss spec, the Hurricane will become the regular GT's engine in 2008, when the Mustang will get a major face-lift. Insiders report every exterior panel is to be changed and updated, with the base cars getting a more aggressive look similar to that of the current Shelby GT500. The GT500, meantime, will become even more extreme looking.
    An all-new Mustang is due 2010, a year after the new Chevrolet Camero and Dodge Challenger launch.

Translation: these will sell at the dealer for 15,000 over msrp and many mustang enthusiasts will walk away from ford pissed.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 06:23:05 AM »

Hope it looks like this, from the 2006 LA Motor Show, by Italdesign

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 06:24:18 AM »
Translation: these will sell at the dealer for 15,000 over msrp and many mustang enthusiasts will walk away from ford pissed.

Yup, the only people who will have shot at them are the owners of the dealershps themselves..
The House that Ruth built

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 06:30:52 AM »
Hope it looks like this, from the 2006 LA Motor Show, by Italdesign

Nah won't look quite like that, I wish  I had a scanner to put up the pics. Same color orange though. They also havea new Bullitt Mustang which looks exactly like the one Steve McQueen drove.
I

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 06:32:26 AM »
Yup, the only people who will have shot at them are the owners of the dealershps themselves..

Myabe you could do them a favor and they could hook you up.

Seriously though I see lots of knockoffs coming in the aftermarket scene but I am just happy to see the 5.0 back.
I

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 06:47:22 AM »
I wished they didn't do the retro thing, becasue today's Mustang looks un finished. They needed a progressive design. Plus, they need to have a Independent Rear Suspension. The engines are gems, but the

body88

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 07:52:22 AM »
 Lose the live rear axle. Shed a few lbs. Then you have a real winner imo. The stang is a good car. I just wish they offered fully independent suspension.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 08:03:54 AM »
Myabe you could do them a favor and they could hook you up.

Seriously though I see lots of knockoffs coming in the aftermarket scene but I am just happy to see the 5.0 back.
You can't really consider a special limited edition of 1000 "back" It would be back if it was in the standard GT.  If 5.0 fans jump at this like I suspect, Ford will have successfully shot themselves in the face again with the "1000" Ford said they would have a GT500 for every buyer willing to fork over 40,000... They undershot the demand bigtime the results can be seen by visting any mustang forum with a GT500 section... Pissed off people left out of the promise...  Unless you're willing to pay 20,000 over msrp ::)  I love my 06gt but I just wish Ford would quit self destructing like this...  Never before have I seen an auto manufacturer bitch slap their most loyal customers like Ford has recently.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 08:06:46 AM »
I wished they didn't do the retro thing, becasue today's Mustang looks un finished. They needed a progressive design. Plus, they need to have a Independent Rear Suspension. The engines are gems, but the
Couldn't disagree more, but this is always said by some when a new mustang is released so your comment is expected.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2006, 08:24:39 AM »
Couldn't disagree more, but this is always said by some when a new mustang is released so your comment is expected.

I I think the Mustang should be progressive. Sure it s apony car, but now, the Evo's and Scoby's have now replaced the Mustang as fast and affordable "ponycars". The Mustang needs to use heritage design cues, but that is it. The Mustang GT now , by virtue of evolution should be taking out BMW M3's ;D  (not on the race track).

The IS350 has more HP (less torque) than the Mustang, and is quicker and more responsive, and this is a 4 door car with a V6 >:(. The 350Z, which is a direct competitor to the Mustang, gets 300 HP (07 model) and is quicker to 60 than the current Mustang, and it too has 3.5 liter V6, and better build qaulity.

The design, ugh. They needed to evovle the design of  the last gens' it was hot. Redoing the 65-69 Mustang, means that they lack innovation and new ideas, so they are playing to nostalgia. The claim that the reason why the car still has a Live rear axle is because the drag racing population wanted it. BS. V6 Mustangs outsell V8's 8 to 1, if not higher. They didn't want to spend, or could not spend the money on designing a new rear axle. These are the same people that said that a manual transmission would not go into the Lincoln LS, because "they don't have a manual tranny that can handle the torque".  Yeah, you make a Mustang that has higher torque than the Lincoln LS, but you can't put the same manual in that car. BS.
I can't stand it when our American car companies put out mediocre products that seem half finished

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006, 08:50:42 AM »

The design, ugh. They needed to evovle the design of  the last gens' it was hot. Redoing the 65-69 Mustang, means that they lack innovation and new ideas, so they are playing to nostalgia. The claim that the reason why the car still has a Live rear axle is because the drag racing population wanted it. BS. V6 Mustangs outsell V8's 8 to 1, if not higher. They didn't want to spend, or could not spend the money on designing a new rear axle. These are the same people that said that a manual transmission would not go into the Lincoln LS, because "they don't have a manual tranny that can handle the torque".  Yeah, you make a Mustang that has higher torque than the Lincoln LS, but you can't put the same manual in that car. BS.
I can't stand it when our American car companies put out mediocre products that seem half finished
You had your years of mustangs that we all thought didn't look anything like a mustang.  For us the design is pure mustang heaven enough said. We see beauty in the retro simplicity.  It was love at first sight for me ;D  I understand why you don't like it, but that being said, for selfish reason, I don't care that you can't appreciate it ;D  There are plenty of us who do 8)  But I understand where you're coming from. I had similarly motivated thoughts about other stangs.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2006, 08:56:48 AM »
I understand why you don't like it, but that being said, for selfish reason, I don't care that you can't appreciate it ;D  There are plenty of us who do 8)  But I understand where you're coming from. I had similarly motivated thoughts about other stangs.

Oh, I appreciate the 65-69 Mustang. A while back someone near my parents house had a 65 Mustang fastback, withe the 289. It was orange. I had visions of tuning the engine and giving it that "G-machine" look. With 13-14 inch brake drilled brakes, 18-19 Torque Thrust II's, Hooker headers. Well I finally got the nerve to ask, and I got the guy's number from the wife. Sure enough, he sold the car a couple months laterr. But that for understanding. I only wish I was able to have those cars back in the day.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2006, 11:22:37 AM »
Oh, I appreciate the 65-69 Mustang. A while back someone near my parents house had a 65 Mustang fastback, withe the 289. It was orange. I had visions of tuning the engine and giving it that "G-machine" look. With 13-14 inch brake drilled brakes, 18-19 Torque Thrust II's, Hooker headers. Well I finally got the nerve to ask, and I got the guy's number from the wife. Sure enough, he sold the car a couple months laterr. But that for understanding. I only wish I was able to have those cars back in the day.
true true  8)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2006, 11:24:19 AM »
I would take my friends factory super charged 1967 Shelby Cobra GT350 over what Ford can put out today.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2006, 11:27:16 AM »
Lose the live rear axle. Shed a few lbs. Then you have a real winner imo. The stang is a good car. I just wish they offered fully independent suspension.

Positraction would be nice.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2006, 11:27:45 AM »
I mentioned t before my 86' black GT 5.0 was one of my favorites cars.  It was beautiful looking.  It was so quick.  It was the last year they were carbureted.  And it was a convertible.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2006, 12:08:12 PM »
You can't really consider a special limited edition of 1000 "back" It would be back if it was in the standard GT.  If 5.0 fans jump at this like I suspect, Ford will have successfully shot themselves in the face again with the "1000" Ford said they would have a GT500 for every buyer willing to fork over 40,000... They undershot the demand bigtime the results can be seen by visting any mustang forum with a GT500 section... Pissed off people left out of the promise...  Unless you're willing to pay 20,000 over msrp ::)  I love my 06gt but I just wish Ford would quit self destructing like this...  Never before have I seen an auto manufacturer bitch slap their most loyal customers like Ford has recently.

Did you even read my post dumbass

" Slightly detuned from Boss spec, the Hurricane will become the regular GT's engine in 2008, when the Mustang will get a major face-lift. Insiders report every exterior panel is to be changed and updated, with the base cars getting a more aggressive look similar to that of the current Shelby GT500. The GT500, meantime, will become even more extreme looking."
I

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2006, 02:31:19 PM »
Did you even read my post dumbass

" Slightly detuned from Boss spec, the Hurricane will become the regular GT's engine in 2008, when the Mustang will get a major face-lift. Insiders report every exterior panel is to be changed and updated, with the base cars getting a more aggressive look similar to that of the current Shelby GT500. The GT500, meantime, will become even more extreme looking."

Jesus christ, way to point out I missed somthing... How about you cool down, I didn't go attacking you jackass...

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2006, 02:54:07 PM »
What's with the Mustang GT500 being a pig? Almost 4,000 pounds :-X. Sure it has 500 HP, but it does 0-60 in 4.5 secs. That ain't cool, especially compared to the 400 HP vette, that mags have done.

Then lets go to the badging: SVT badging and Shelby badging. Is it a SVT or a Shelby. Obviously it is a SVT product, but not a Shelby produced product, only a Shelby endorsed product.

I like the the limited edition (300) SVT Cobra's that came out back in 2001 in red only.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2006, 03:08:32 PM »
All I know it this is good news, we're in the middle of Muscle Car War II  ;D It is good news that this will be in the 2008. 

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2006, 03:42:23 PM »
All I know it this is good news, we're in the middle of Muscle Car War II  ;D It is good news that this will be in the 2008. 

Yes, okay now, be truthful. Would you take the Camaro with supposedly 400 HP and I.R.S. or the Challenger, over the Challenger....

I'm still waiting for the ok for the Chrysler Firepower

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2006, 04:00:04 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean by the challenger over the challenger but The Challenger looks awesome!!! I want one!!! I am a huge first gen camaro fan so was really excited about the new camaro until I saw it... I think it looks like shit.  The front end is all wrong.

I made my own camaro concept:

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2006, 04:02:28 PM »
Here's what the new camaro does for me....

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2006, 04:21:21 PM »
the overall quality of American muscle cars is horrible... if your looking for straight line speed theyre great... but theyre horrible in practically every other category...

the interior of the new mustangs is soooo unbelievably cheap looking... + handling nd overall features are sooo far below the competition its disgusting... how ford brain washes all these morons not to cross shop with other vehicles is pure genius on their part... ive owned a mustang GT as my first car, totalled it it of course  :-[, thought it was great... until i cross shopped a little (yes i was a moron) and realized that i was paying a ton for CRAP... currently the 350z, RX8, and s2000 blow the mustang away in virtually every conceivable way cept 0-60 time... i wound up buying the RX8... amazing car...