Author Topic: GRAND OPENING PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 9071 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: GRAND OPENING PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2006, 03:16:12 PM »

Anyone from getbig can join for 1 buck then 15 per month after that..  Any other message board goers pay double..   ;D 

More pics soon..
damn those are good rates for what looks like an awesome gym.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2006, 03:20:29 PM »

Anyone from getbig can join for 1 buck then 15 per month after that..  Any other message board goers pay double..   ;D 

More pics soon..

it might help if you tell us where the gym is located
Here comes the money shot

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2006, 03:38:37 PM »
you guys are missing the point on the dumb-bells, I am guessing that they are more of a converation piece and to  attract attention. Also to convey a message "we are hardcode". This a new gym and he will need as much attention as possible to attract new clients.

Armz, the juice bar should bring in a fortune. $7+ for a protein shake that they could make at home for $1 is great.

where is the gym located?

lol...ok   cool....

but really it screams ''stupid'' to me...not hardcore.

hardcore might be the same set with larger diameter bells, or super dense material (i.e. lead core bells with chrome cans).

maybe even, if they are just for display, have them made out of wood and paint them up like they are real.

even better you could claim the heaviest pair of dumb bells around and have them in the middle of the gym and they are really just welded to the ground....man that'd keep em guessing...kinda like the sword in the stone- he who can move them becomes king of the land.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2006, 03:59:51 PM »

The rate is only good if you can figure that out  ;D
Motherboy (the band).

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2006, 05:12:34 PM »
Congrats & best of luck to you Armz!

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2006, 10:26:29 PM »

A real getbigger would already know where it is from past topics..  ;D    I'll tell you what, as a special for all at getbig, if you find the address from other threads I'll cut the price in half then double it!!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2006, 10:44:44 PM »
Armz are you happy with the Powerhouse franchise, just wondering

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2006, 11:02:56 PM »
A couple pics from the bench contest..    Tony W/ 500 and Ann hittin' 185..

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2006, 11:07:40 PM »
Armz are you happy with the Powerhouse franchise, just wondering

So far so good..  I've looked into it and as I can see Powerhouse is the best overall and lowest fees..  I think that's why Bev changed over, just a guess..

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2006, 11:23:24 PM »
Lay off her ARMZ!!!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2006, 11:24:41 PM »

So far so good..  I've looked into it and as I can see Powerhouse is the best overall and lowest fees..  I think that's why Bev changed over, just a guess..

Okay well contact me if you ever want to change.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2006, 11:45:59 PM »
Gyms in Sydney usually charge at least $49/month. We charge more than that. No way anyone here could survive if the fees were a give away. Do gyms there really expect to get thousands of members signing up?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2006, 01:30:47 AM »
Gyms in Sydney usually charge at least $49/month. We charge more than that. No way anyone here could survive if the fees were a give away. Do gyms there really expect to get thousands of members signing up?

Yes they do and they do.  Even here in Hawaii.  The major gym here charges $1,200 per year PIF or $295 down and $89 a month.  The main 24 hour fitness on Oahu has 13,000 members.  Their are 7 24 Hour Fitness gyms here and all total they have around 30,000+ members I think. Clubs on the mainland easily get 2000+ members or they don't survive.  Vegas clubs kick ass too.  Las Vegas Athletic Club is like $19 a month.  And they have multi million dollar clubs.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2006, 01:38:48 AM »
Wait until planet fitness comes vince then you'll be in real trouble...

and those gyms make money at $10-$15 per month just ask shaggyshort he ran one...

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2006, 04:36:18 PM »
Teenage Justin Hunter AKA Crazykid909 was repin' some lightweight..

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2006, 04:45:23 PM »
BOOM!     ;D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2006, 05:35:30 PM »
Suppose a gym charges $15/Month and the club has 3000 paying members. That is $45,000/month and $540,000/year income. That is not going to return a profit if you have a large club with high overheads. It might sound easy to get that many members paying each month but that is a lot of people to sign up. Rents are high, you need staff, gyms are open for long periods each day and so on. Gyms are a high cost, low return business.

Now suppose that a gym has 2000 members and they are paying $59/month each. That brings in $1.4 million and that will return a good profit. I can tell you that is a lot of members to get.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2006, 08:47:46 PM »
Suppose a gym charges $15/Month and the club has 3000 paying members. That is $45,000/month and $540,000/year income. That is not going to return a profit if you have a large club with high overheads. It might sound easy to get that many members paying each month but that is a lot of people to sign up. Rents are high, you need staff, gyms are open for long periods each day and so on. Gyms are a high cost, low return business.

Now suppose that a gym has 2000 members and they are paying $59/month each. That brings in $1.4 million and that will return a good profit. I can tell you that is a lot of members to get.

vince, planet fitness gyms get 5000-8000 members into a medium sized gym with only cardio and basic strength training equipment - some of them have refurbished equipment too.

no aerobics, no child care, no frills which people are fine with @ $15 per month.

only 20% of the members tend to use the place often but most members stay as members for 2 years average since the hit each month is so minimal.

the staffing levels are very low. 1-2 people there at once.

at this price you get up to 25% of the population within 5 miles joining these places instead of the usual 8-10%.

they make money with less headaches for the owners trust me...

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2006, 09:01:39 PM »

Not many gyms charge $15 or $20.  But a case in point would be the Las Vegas Athletic Club.  There membership is $19 a month.  There clubs have everything.  Tennis Courts, Racquetball, swimming, full gym, locker rooms etc.  But then they have 15,000+ members.  24 Hour Fitness in Honolulu has over 13,000 member paying around $39 or so a month. Not many gyms survive with just 2000 members.  The two gym here are an exception to the rule (which there are many) the major club here is 26,000 sq. ft. they have 1800 members.  Monthly dues are $69.  PIF is now $1,200 a year.  The other gym has about 2000 members paying $39 a month average.  The monthly net at that gym when I had it was $15,000 to $20,000 a month. 

Gyms are very big money makers if you know how to make money.  There are allot of ancillary centers in the gym including Personal Training, Rehab (which is huge at my gym making clsoe to $25,000 a month), Pro shop, cafe, drinks, pro shop, childcare, spinning, etc. 

Really depends on the market.  Here in Hawaii it is totally dfferent.  Every equipment salesman that comes here and meets me says after the first day "this place is so different".  It is.  SO really you need to look at your market.  Gym can be money makers if done right.  First thing is to make sure your rent is as low as possible.  And if opeing a new gym make sure you get at least 6 months free rent.  This will help you build a clientle.  And make sure you have an escalated rent schedule for the for year or two.  Once you make it past the first couple years you should be okay. 

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2006, 09:22:22 PM »
I have been in the gym business in Australia for over 35 years and it is harder to make money now than in the past decades. New chains have opened and they have reasonable equipment and sales staff. The public are getting better gyms than they did in the past. It just seems that the pie is getting cut up into smaller portions each year. We have a large gym with heaps and heaps of equipment, aerobics, and childminding. We are also air conditioned and open long hours. In the new year we will add a ladies only circuit and a boxing area.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2006, 09:25:45 PM »
I have been in the gym business in Australia for over 35 years and it is harder to make money now than in the past decades. New chains have opened and they have reasonable equipment and sales staff. The public are getting better gyms than they did in the past. It just seems that the pie is getting cut up into smaller portions each year. We have a large gym with heaps and heaps of equipment, aerobics, and childminding. We are also air conditioned and open long hours. In the new year we will add a ladies only circuit and a boxing area.

Vince you should look into a MMA Training Center.  You should call me (if you don't talk to long)  I knwo I can help you.  I have an idea. 

Alex Velickovic

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2006, 09:27:38 PM »

Vince, I see the Fitness First (our very own version of Planet Fitness) opening up left/right & centre. Where do you advertise (besides yellow pages)?

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2006, 09:28:07 PM »

that number of members would require a really big gym i imagine.

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2006, 09:28:32 PM »
We offer aerobics, child care, tanning the whole 9..  This $15 deal is just for you getbiggers..  Just don't tell anybody else  k..

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2006, 09:32:47 PM »
southern california, right armz??
d[-_-]b actin all cool