Author Topic: More STALLONE goodness from his pre ROCKY 6 Interviews!!!  (Read 2128 times)

Luinitari

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
More STALLONE goodness from his pre ROCKY 6 Interviews!!!
« on: December 10, 2006, 09:41:39 PM »
Amazing story about how SLY severely tore his right pec IN FRANCO COLUMBO'S GARAGE!!  I love the part about the demented owl/bat creature Franco kept in there  ;D

p.s. I would've tucked this into my other thread involving these Sylvester Stallone interviews, but this story with Franco Columbo seemed too good to possibly hide in an older thread.  Mods, if you think it would be better, then Im fine with combining both threads.    Link to interviews --> http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30919

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9. Sly:

No bigger fan here, and I am curious.  What was your max on the bench press, squat, etc.? Back in the late 1980s-early-1990s you appeared to look the biggest/most massive.

Kirk

I used to be able to bench press around 385-400 lbs. and then I severely tore my right pectoral so under my arm I have 160 stitches and I had to have a window cut into my shoulder bone, and cable laced through the damage, and muscle pulled back to the bone where it was attached. That’s why I’m so vascular on one side. It might be interesting to note that I received this injury, I was stupid enough to get into a bench press contest with former Mr. Universe, Franco Columbo, who was considered one of the strongest men in the world. The accident happened in his garage, which was inhabited, believe it or not, by this demented-looking one-winged spotted owl. I couldn’t make this up. When my muscle exploded, I fell onto the floor. Franco pulled the weights off of me and all I could see was my arm turning black and that friggin goofy, one-winged, mouse-munching guy flapping around in tight circles. By the way, my best squat was 550 lbs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is one more interesting one.  Seems SLY is destined to be a fat old man soon!  :'(

2. Hallo Sly!

Is it possible that we see a movie "THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS" (yes, the Frank Miller Comic) with you as the old Batman? I think that is the perfect part for you!

I wish you good luck for "Rocky Ballboa" and "Rambo IV" and I hope we can see anytime in Vienna!

Welcome back!

Raphael Rottensteiner
    Vienna

Well in a couple of years I’d rather play the old fat man rather than the old Batman, because I’ve been staying in the gym so long, I’m due to have a meltdown and then back to the fat hose for eternity. So me getting into a comic book hero’s leotards would require the same effort as packing an Iowa pig into a thimble… but I’m flattered to have been considered for such a noble character.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
Re: More STALLONE goodness from his pre ROCKY 6 Interviews!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 10:02:46 PM »
Hahahaha Meltdown!
TEAM REPTILIAN

Dorian01

• Getbig IV
  • Coach loves the sticky studs
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 10:53:16 PM »
So me getting into a comic book hero’s leotards would require the same effort as packing an Iowa pig into a thimble… .
Turning into Dr.Phil.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 08:33:37 AM »
hahahahaha, there is no way in hell that Stallone ever benched 385-400, no way.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 08:39:27 AM »

Yep, no way in hell that ever happened, same with the 550 pound squat.

He probably figures the bigger the lie the more useless supplements he'll sell.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 08:43:31 AM »
Yep, no way in hell that ever happened, same with the 550 pound squat.

He probably figures the bigger the lie the more useless supplements he'll sell.
damn, don't guys ever stop with the ridiculous bench press claims, i'm starting to think that 95 percent of guys get a Lie about my Bench Press computer chip implanted in their brain when they hit 18.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 09:34:22 AM »
His squating more than 500 is way more strange and suspicious.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 09:38:11 AM »
Yeah I agree no way he could bench that.  Maybe this incident occured the first time he tried. That makes sense. 

leaky_frog

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 09:40:12 AM »
You've gotta check out the Sly Q&A's over at aintitcool.com- lots of comedy gold.  He's been taking questions and answering them for about ten days now.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 11:48:02 AM »
ROFL..this is classic, apparently Dolph almost killed Sylvester Stallone when he hit him in the chest.

taken from Sly's interview #3 at www.aintitcool.com
"In ROCKY IV, just the pain of being hit by Dolph is a memory that will last forever."

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 11:57:59 AM »
all I could see was my arm turning black and that friggin goofy, one-winged, mouse-munching f**cker flapping around in tight circles.

That's so fukking funny ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2006, 12:11:31 PM »
ROFL..this is classic, apparently Dolph almost killed Sylvester Stallone when he hit him in the chest.

taken from Sly's interview #3 at www.aintitcool.com
"In ROCKY IV, just the pain of being hit by Dolph is a memory that will last forever."

point's to user name

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 12:11:49 PM »
damn, don't guys ever stop with the ridiculous bench press claims, i'm starting to think that 95 percent of guys get a Lie about my Bench Press computer chip implanted in their brain when they hit 18.

its like most poundages given on the net, I generally take 30-40% off most lifts especially from celebs when reading this shit! They have huge fucking ego's and are worse for lies than the Tiny little bitches who hang around here RE Kegdrainer!

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST