Author Topic: i bought a Gibson and now i want to make love to it  (Read 970 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
i bought a Gibson and now i want to make love to it
« on: December 10, 2006, 11:00:49 PM »
im in love, if there was a hole on this instrument big enough to fit my member, id probably do it. the tone is enough to bring tears to my eyes. solid mahogany body and a cherry stained finish.
oh and broadstreet i take back waht i said about Fenders being overrated. i played a few at the store and their tone and playability shits all over most guitars. im drinking

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
Re: i bought a Gibson and now i want to make love to it
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 05:06:31 AM »
im in love, if there was a hole on this instrument big enough to fit my member, id probably do it. the tone is enough to bring tears to my eyes. solid mahogany body and a cherry stained finish.
oh and broadstreet i take back waht i said about Fenders being overrated. i played a few at the store and their tone and playability shits all over most guitars. im drinking

They go well with a 100 watt Fender Twin reverb amp.

Or are you talking about a Gibson Martini? in which case ive had many and I love them too
X

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 07:20:28 AM »
Hope you enjoy your chiropractor visits after a few months of playing that overweight hunk of wood. Ibanez or nothin.

ozman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 09:34:58 PM »
my son is thinking of getting a epiphone les paul copy

any good ?

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 06:09:32 AM »
my son is thinking of getting a epiphone les paul copy

any good ?

Compared to paying $3000 for a Gibson Custom, yup really good and great tone
X

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 08:22:01 AM »
Epiphone: When you want your guitar to sound like mud.

Ibanez my friend, Ibanez.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 12:42:51 PM »
Epiphone: When you want your guitar to sound like mud.

Ibanez my friend, Ibanez.
i dont know maybe the highest end ones are good, or maybe i just cant get used to the jumbo frets or something, but the ones i tried out were pretty disappointing as far as tone and playability go, they sounded real digital like video game music or something instead of the warm rich tones from a gibson or strat, and the action was so low that the strings almost touched the pickups-hell my pick would actually touch the pickups- and they always put the fucking nobs right where your hand is supposed to be, i will never understand why they always fucking put the nobs right there when they can just put it down further.

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 12:44:00 PM »

Good advice LH.
BKS - Guardian of Truth

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 02:59:00 PM »

I've had a lot of Gibsons, and the playability on my Custom shits all over the other ones. Im in love with ebony fretboards. And it's waaayyyy thicker sounding than my old Classic or Studio.
I still prefer my Jackson RR1 to the Gibson for live shows though, I'm to fucking afraid of hurting the Custom.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 03:00:11 PM »
i dont know maybe the highest end ones are good, or maybe i just cant get used to the jumbo frets or something, but the ones i tried out were pretty disappointing as far as tone and playability go, they sounded real digital like video game music or something instead of the warm rich tones from a gibson or strat, and the action was so low that the strings almost touched the pickups-hell my pick would actually touch the pickups- and they always put the fucking nobs right where your hand is supposed to be, i will never understand why they always fucking put the nobs right there when they can just put it down further.

I totally agree. Most Ibanez's are waaaay overrated. I have yet to play any of their custom shop stuff though.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 06:07:19 PM »
i will never understand why they always fucking put the nobs right there when they can just put it down further.

Thats for people who blaze, (like me ;D) and don't have time to reach way the fuck down there to adjust the volume, we need the knobs as close as possible for full effect.  ;)

Jeff Miller

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 10:30:18 PM »
I totally agree. Most Ibanez's are waaaay overrated. I have yet to play any of their custom shop stuff though.

Play the high end Ibanez stuff.  I own an RG2020X (piezo in the bridge with a separate output; put Dimarzio Air Norton in the Neck and Steve's Special in the bridge) and an RGT3120 (neck thru, 2 x Dimarzio PAF PROs; thinking about replacing with Evolutions).  They have "ultra" necks, not as thin as the Wizard and Wizard II, but they play like butter.  Sustain for freakin DAYS.  Paid about $1200 for the RG2020X and $1500 for the RGT3120 (about $500 of the list price for each).

Of course, a good old RG570 (or 1570 or 2570) is a great guitar as well.  You can modify the crap out of it and basically get a JEM in any style you want (lots of places online provide this service), since the 570 WAS the basis for the JEM.
ChuckNorrisFearsMe