Author Topic: FRANK SEPE's career  (Read 9122 times)

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
FRANK SEPE's career
« on: December 11, 2006, 06:35:45 PM »
this guy was a top competitive NPC BB until he became a fitness model... since then he's been by far the most successful FM of the past decade, possibly ever... now he's an editor of a mmag. a best selling author, and is still on half a dozen covers a year... honestly i dont know for a fact but i wouldnt doubt that he's been on more magazine covers then anyone ever, including all genres... possibly more successful then any BB's of his time, save ronnie and jay...(maybe shawn and flex... maybe)

Stavios

Re: FRANK SEPE's career
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 06:39:20 PM »
I think he looks horrible as a fitness model

he looked great when he was in the 260's !!!  :o

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 06:42:27 PM »
actually i never thought he had that impressive of a physique to begin with... which is what makes his incredible success sooooo crazy.... this pic is morphed, i think

Stavios

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 06:44:03 PM »
actually i never thought he had that impressive of a physique to begin with... which is what makes his incredible success sooooo crazy.... this pic is morphed, i think

of course that pic is morphed or he would be the most impressive bber to ever walk the earth

I have seen a lot of pics of him where he looks very large tho

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 06:44:44 PM »
Yeah once he went natural, it was downhill from there.

Say, didn't he also pull a Derek and bare his junk for playgirl mag?!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 06:57:22 PM »
Frankie was a smart boy to stop juicin' and think about the future. Fuck that crazy shit mang...get some mainstream work, make some real money. Staying healthy is the way, bro.
!

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 06:57:29 PM »
Yeah once he went natural, it was downhill from there.

Say, didn't he also pull a Derek and bare his junk for playgirl mag?!

pretty sure he did.... buuuuuttt, i dont agree that once he went natural "everything went downhill"... maybe his weight went down, but everything else went up, especially his $...

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 06:59:30 PM »
Frankie was a smart boy to stop juicin' and think about the future. f**k that crazy shit mang...get some mainstream work, make some real money. Staying healthy is the way, bro.

i 100% agree... the guy has a best selling fitness book... and he's in the process of writing another one... thats $... probably sold 10X more books then the weider brothers will ever sell... and he's probably been on over 500 mag covers and Rnovel covers.... = $$$$$$

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 07:00:25 PM »
Well, I am interested in bodybuilding, not fitness modeling, so I don't know much about him... Dude could have accomplished a few things in bbing, at least a pro card...

Now he just looks like a homo... He is so plucked and tweezed and he is small and bleukh.... monster faggotry!!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 07:07:44 PM »
Well, I am interested in bodybuilding, not fitness modeling, so I don't know much about him... Dude could have accomplished a few things in bbing, at least a pro card...

Now he just looks like a homo... He is so plucked and tweezed and he is small and bleukh.... monster faggotry!!!

Sepe took advantage of the opportunity for modeling, while it was available. That's a smart move on his part.
It's a once-in-a-lifetime deal. Besides, it ain't like the NPC or IFBB is going anywhere.

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 07:18:19 PM »
Sepe took advantage of the opportunity for modeling, while it was available. That's a smart move on his part.
It's a once-in-a-lifetime deal. Besides, it ain't like the NPC or IFBB is going anywhere.

exactly, he made 1000X more money and became 10000000X more successful as a FM then he ever would have s a pro BB... having more $$$ and banging more hot bitches all while mantaining your health and gaining more respect and fame the one ever could through BB (save for being a multiple MrO) = a smart guy

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2006, 07:24:42 PM »
Magazine covers pay just about enough to get a happy meal... no super size. I ain't saying Sepe doesn't make money, but it's not from magazine covers.
a

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 07:37:50 PM »
I think Mike Ohern has him beat.
just push some weight!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2006, 07:38:04 PM »
exactly, he made 1000X more money and became 10000000X more successful as a FM then he ever would have s a pro BB... having more $$$ and banging more hot bitches all while mantaining your health and gaining more respect and fame the one ever could through BB (save for being a multiple MrO) = a smart guy

When Sepe had his column in MuscleMag, a writer accused him of being a sellout and that while others (like the writer) dream of being a "monster", Sepe just threw it all away.

Sepe replied that male models have a short shelf life, age 18-25. At age 24, he was at the tail-end of that scale. So, it would be best for him to cash in, while he had the chance. As for the "being-a-monster" part, Sepe replied that, until someone has actually been where he's been, they don't know what it's like to carry around nearly 300 lbs (even it is mostly muscle). He claimed that he felt uncomfortable with an offseason bodyweight of 295 and that, to be competitive at the pro level, he would likely need about 40 lbs. more muscle.

To him, it wasn't worth it. Sepe also claimed that the primary reason he competed at the 1996 North American Championship was to silence his detractors, who claimed he was merely a "pretty boy" and not a legitimate NPC national competitor. His 5th-place finish in the heavyweight class made his point.

Again, should he ever feel the urge to compete, he can always regain the muscle he once had. Chances are that he won't do that.

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2006, 07:56:56 PM »
plus he'll probably live 20 years longer then he would have carrying that kinda weight around fro the las decade...

mike ohearn has been on a lot of covers, but i dont think he's been on nearly as many as frank, plus the best selling book... etc... ... didnt he do battle dome... that show was soooooo amazingly good in every possible way...

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2006, 03:46:34 AM »
plus he'll probably live 20 years longer then he would have carrying that kinda weight around fro the las decade...

mike ohearn has been on a lot of covers, but i dont think he's been on nearly as many as frank, plus the best selling book... etc... ... didnt he do battle dome... that show was soooooo amazingly good in every possible way...
Well, I think that on the FM pic he is still juicing, winstrol or even some insulin, to mantain such a lean mass, even though he is a lot lighter...
S

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2006, 04:00:49 AM »
Z

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2006, 08:23:36 AM »
monster 16" arms

That's the point! He's done trying to be a "monster" (and has been for several years).

Dorian01

• Getbig IV
  • Coach loves the sticky studs
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2006, 08:37:19 AM »
Monster pre-pubescant girl from the neck up. Gargantuan Kamali look-alike from the neck down.

canadaphiliac

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2006, 08:45:04 AM »
Hehehe, the lack of upper chest makes him look like he gots teh boobies. This makes us laugh.

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2006, 08:54:27 AM »

1: You wish your face could look like his.

2: He is still bigger than you will ever be.

:)
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2006, 09:18:41 AM »
1: You wish your face could look like his.

2: He is still bigger than you will ever be.

:)

1. No

2. Don't be so sure.

Poor Frank, he could have been a contender...

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2006, 09:21:25 AM »
1. No

2. Don't be so sure.

Poor Frank, he could have been a contender...

::)
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

OneBigMan

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2006, 09:23:43 AM »
I think it's hard to talk bad about a guy who has surrounded himself with a number of famous fitness models since the good ol' FAP years. The idea of using your looks and your body to gain exposure and gain   popularity with magazine models is probably what might make the envious ones get into the habit of jocking for position to see who is going to get which T&A star into a very private situation.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2006, 09:42:09 AM »
What he's done is incredible!  The kid took advantage of opportunity and ran with it.  At his biggest physique he was incredibly impressive.  I've seen him get 405 for ten (very clean) on the bench and he's gone over 5..Good for him because he's a good guy.