Author Topic: Kofi Annan's farewell speech after taking a truth pill  (Read 2148 times)

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
Kofi Annan's farewell speech after taking a truth pill
« on: December 13, 2006, 03:08:11 PM »
Thank you for that generous introduction. I don’t deserve it. Please hold your applause until you hear what I have to say. This is not false modesty. I am quite serious — I don’t deserve the honor of speaking here today. At least once in every life there comes a moment of honesty, and for reasons I cannot fathom — perhaps the shock of looking back at just what a self-serving failure I have been — this is mine.
During my decade as secretary-general, and indeed for some time before that, I have indulged in more than my share of half-truths, quarter-truths, cover-ups, immoral inanities and staggering hypocrisies. I have shuffled paperwork while ignoring genocides, I have rushed to shake hands with tyrants while deriding democrats; I have suffered from memory gaps while adroitly recalling just enough to know what needs covering up. I took office promising to reform the U.N., and instead produced a record that deserves to be summed up by such phrases as peacekeeper rape, procurement bribery, and Oil-for-Food.

I have praised a “reformed” Human Rights Council that functions as a complete farce. I have demanded “peace” deals and pushed for a brand of morally blind diplomacy that has paved the way for a terrorist takeover of Lebanon, worsening turmoil in the Middle East, and a nuclear-armed Iran. In contradiction of the U.N. charter, which describes my role as the U.N.’s “chief administrative officer,” I have styled myself, in my own phrase, as “chief diplomat of the world,” setting up a vast array of opaque trusts, projects, partnerships, and programs which have massively expanded the U.N. beyond any provisions for oversight, while providing me with opportunities for patronage, and places to park my cronies. At the same time, while entrusted with a budget of billions, and a world stage, I have shirked all responsibility for my own failures, shifting blame especially to the United States.

Valhalla awaits.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Re: Kofi Annan's farewell speech after taking a truth pill
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 03:10:38 PM »
Godammit, that's very damning for him to say that. Where does this leave the U.N.

Provide a link to your source so that I can truly believe this.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 03:12:34 PM »
he didn't really say that. His real speech was just a long rambling of US bashing while taking no responsibility for a culture of corruption at the UN which makes the Congress look like the boy scouts
Valhalla awaits.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 03:20:54 PM »
he didn't really say that. His real speech was just a long rambling of US bashing while taking no responsibility for a culture of corruption at the UN which makes the Congress look like the boy scouts

Nice :)

Sadly, your version is more realistic.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 05:37:43 PM »
US: There is a huge WMD program.
UN: There is no WMD program.

Yikes...

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 05:09:42 AM »
Oil for Food-$21 billlion lining businessmen and UN officials pockets instead of going towards food for those who were sposed to get it

YIKES
Valhalla awaits.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 05:58:30 AM »
Oil for Food-$21 billlion lining businessmen and UN officials pockets instead of going towards food for those who were sposed to get it

YIKES

240 = PWNED!
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 07:20:42 AM »

Post that instead.

sandycoosworth

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 07:26:55 AM »
peacekeeper rape

that would make a pretty sweet username!